I am looking at Georgias staff and they are legit coaches, Jeremy Pruitt is one of the best DCs in the country and won a championship with Florida State. The OC is an NFL guy with a solid resume as well. They also have Mike Ekeler as inside LB's coach who coached at Nebraska and have three different guys coaching linebackers and Pruitt coaches the secondary.

A few questionable guys but a lot of great hires, the RB coach coached Melvin Gordon in the 2014 season so I wouldn't mind him, his OL coach is a solid guy coached at McNeese State and also was a part of Alabamas 2009 championship team but I think this guy can recruit pretty well. Lots of guys with NFL experience so it would be interesting to see who Richt would bring with him. The one guy who would need to come with Richt is Pruitt one of the best DC's in the country.

Outside of Pruitt I would want a better Oc probably and I would not mind Richt as a head coach if Herman and other big namers go to other schools

Mark Richt from 2008-2014

64-32 (34-21 Conference)

2 divisional championships

0-2 in conference championship games

4-3 in bowl games

14-21 against ranked teams (at the time of playing)

Bo Pelini from 2008-2014

67-27 (39-17 Conference)

3 divisional championships

0-3 in conference championship games

3-3 in bowl games

9-16 against ranked teams (at the time of playing)

• Fire 2

64-32 (34-21 Conference)

4-3 in bowl games

Bo Pelini from 2008-2014

67-27 (39-17 Conference)

3-3 in bowl games

Spot on. Not to mention, Richt is 55. I don't expect him to coach very long. UGA won't fire him. Their fans are NOT like ours. They're comfortable with where they're at. Richt has said numerous times he has no intention of leaving. He'll continue to get rid of a couple assistants here and there to appease the higher ups.

On a side note, I've said it once and I'll say it again, if we fire MR we will not be able to land a splash hire. We're going to have to look at proven coaches on the rise. Tom Herman should be the one guy at the top of the list. He is basically Jim Mcelwain 2 and look at what Mcelwain did at Colorado State and now Florida. Herman is known as a solid recruiter as well.

Nebraska has to get a rising star. Not a washout, not scraps after somebody has been fired unless its a top tier coach in the pro's i.e. Chip Kelly but there's no way that happens.

The problem is that you're forgetting that Tom Herman is the hottest name going around right now. You really think he's going to be available by the time we get around to firing Riley? I don't.

Folks seem to forget that you've got some big names, including Texass, that will be in the same pool looking for coaches. It's why we need to strike now and cut in front of the line.

And considering how the national media ripped Eichorst's endorsement of Riley to shreds...yeah, firing Riley is not going to make this job toxic. Plus, there's other examples of one-and-done coaches (e.g. Oklahoma) who turned out just fine...

64-32 (34-21 Conference)

4-3 in bowl games

Bo Pelini from 2008-2014

67-27 (39-17 Conference)

3-3 in bowl games

I had no idea it was that similar when I said he would be Bo 2.0 minus the anger. +1

The problem is that you're forgetting that Tom Herman is the hottest name going around right now. You really think he's going to be available by the time we get around to firing Riley? I don't.

Folks seem to forget that you've got some big names, including Texass, that will be in the same pool looking for coaches. It's why we need to strike now and cut in front of the line.

And considering how the national media ripped Eichorst's endorsement of Riley to shreds...yeah, firing Riley is not going to make this job toxic. Plus, there's other examples of one-and-done coaches (e.g. Oklahoma) who turned out just fine...

I'm not saying it shouldn't be done, I'm just saying it likely won't be done. I'm sure Riley has been saying, "just wait til Patrick O'Brien gets here" to anyone who'll listen. The play of POB is what's going to make or break Riley. By that time, Herman will be long gone, leading some other down-and-out program back to prominence.

No, that's the unfortunate part. The only way we could snag him is if the job were open say this Sunday and we made a lucrative offer to him otherwise we'd get into a bidding war with USC and other schools. There are other coaches out there. Pat Narduzzi is a second choice of mine.

That's exactly why Richt is my #1. I'm sure some other schools will go after him, but none as high profile as Nebraska. He might not be the best overall coach available, but he might be the best available based on who is realistically available to us, if that makes any sense.

I could actually see Herman at Georgia, if Richt is let go... although I still think Richt will hit 9 wins and save himself again.

That's exactly why Richt is my #1. I'm sure some other schools will go after him, but none as high profile as Nebraska. He might not be the best overall coach available, but he might be the best available based on who is realistically available to us, if that makes any sense.

I could actually see Herman at Georgia, if Richt is let go... although I still think Richt will hit 9 wins and save himself again.

You don't think South Carolina would take a stab at Richt? It would allow him to essentially still get good use out of his recruiting network in Georgia

No, that's the unfortunate part. The only way we could snag him is if the job were open say this Sunday and we made a lucrative offer to him otherwise we'd get into a bidding war with USC and other schools. There are other coaches out there. Pat Narduzzi is a second choice of mine.

Narduzzi was high on my list last season as a replacement for Bo. He would definitely return our defense to the promised land. Would still love to have the guy here.........