Coaching Nomination Thread

Redux

Tommie Frazier. He looks more and more like Mangino every time I see him.

Shaw's style of offense would make people happy. A pass first offense but out of a power run formation using TEs as the extra receivers instead of 4 wide. Downhill running. About as 50/50 as it gets.

Realistically, Perlman quits, Echorst out, Riley has next year. Win and he gets another, loose and he's out.

What's so good about 50/50?

(That's rhetorical. The answer most people will give is actually the counter argument.)

Tommie Frazier. He looks more and more like Mangino every time I see him.

Shaw's style of offense would make people happy. A pass first offense but out of a power run formation using TEs as the extra receivers instead of 4 wide. Downhill running. About as 50/50 as it gets.

Realistically, Perlman quits, Echorst out, Riley has next year. Win and he gets another, loose and he's out.

What's so good about 50/50?

(That's rhetorical. The answer most people will give is actually the counter argument.)

Shaw and his offense keep showing up on lists. If you watch the games and look at past stats they are 50/50 and tend to throw on first down (at least the games I've watched this year). The difference is, when they run they run at and over you. Downhill, pulling, overload, big boy, smashmouth, in your face running. I think people would like that even if it was only for 200/game and not 350-400 like we once did. 220 rushing 200 passing would have won us 2 more games this year. Run you over on 3rd down would have won 2 more. But there's enough passing in it to get a NFL caliber QB on board occasionally. I think last year they averaged <200/game rushing though. I'd have to look it up again.

Shaw is a Stanford Grad, former player, just forget that one right now. He is home, and he isn't leaving. Harbaugh started something there, and Shaw just took it and made it better. Hard to imagine that Stanford is doing what they have been doing now with their academic standards, but it shows how good of a recruiter Shaw is.

Herman will more than likely end up at Texas from what is going on down south. Strong just sealed is deal in betting blanked at Ames.

Richt, might get booted at Georgia after this season, but they did lose an all conference rb early on this year, and are young.

Regardless, fire Eichorst soon, then hire the replacement, which might as well be Trev Alberts. In two years we can move forward with a different coaching staff. My only issue with that is Wisky and Iowa getting a stronger hold on the division.

Please, anyone that thinks Bo would have been 9-0 at this point needs therapy. He was never 9-0 with better teams. Poor argument in my opinion.

• Fire 1