What the (yoink!) was that kickoff all about?

A kick like that with little time left is fine, if you are up 4 or more. Not when a team only needs a field goal to win and has multiple time outs left. Got fortunate, especially considering the play of the secondary and a quarterback whom is very accurate.

I was not a fan of that kick and was left scratching my head on why? Your comment is spot on. That kick, and the 3rd quarter pick in the red zone where Langsdorf called two straight pass plays instead of using Cross had me cursing at the coaches.

Nobody from MSU even gets a chance to make a good play if Kris Brown buries it in the end zone and it comes out to the 25 yard line. Then again, who says our kicker gets it through the end zone.

However, I don't get paid to do the calculations on this decision going forward. So I will just let it go and take the win, and let the guys who get the big money thinking about such things...think about such things. :)

Nobody from MSU even gets a chance to make a good play if Kris Brown buries it in the end zone and it comes out to the 25 yard line. Then again, who says our kicker gets it through the end zone.

However, I don't get paid to do the calculations on this decision going forward. So I will just let it go and take the win, and let the guys who get the big money thinking about such things...think about such things. :)

The point was to waste time off the clock, which a touchback does not do.

Yeah, where was Kris last night? 😀

It was definitely questionable, but the MSU kid made a great play....more times than not that balls is let go and will bounce aimlessly to the back. Just glad it did not come back to bite the Huskers!

The way I look at it, it was a decent call in theory that an opponent somehow find a way to screw Nebraska on. That's what's been happening this entire year. We have a good idea and either don't execute it well or the opponent makes an incredible play on.

I think if you have a ton of confidence in your kicker booting one out of the end zone then you go that route. Not sure if they did Saturday.

Admittedly, however, I'm still a little curious of the call. I remember saying right before the kick 'ok, kick it deep and give them a long field,' and then slightly freaking out when they did it. I know MSU had a pretty decent night returning kicks, but, still shocked me a bit.