Iowa up to #5 in the CFP rankings... can we beat Rutgers to set up a showdown?

Kernal

Well if Purdue beats them this week, then we beat them the following week, Wisconsin or Northwestern could end up in the conference championship instead. So I guess it depends on how much you don't like Iowa.

I don't care as long as they lose in Lincoln. It's not like our strength of schedule will matter much at the end of the year.

I don't think there is any question anymore.

Iowa is our biggest rival right now.

Well that's severely disappointing...

It's not the case though. If we beat them we'll be 4-1 against them since joining the conference. If we lose then they will be closer to becoming a rival.

Why is that so disappointing? There have been some fairly large implications on this game the past 3 years.

2013: Bad Loss, Bo thought he was getting fired

2014: Huge Comeback, which some thought was saving Bo's job

2015: Everything on the line against an undefeated Hawkeye team

Is it really that bad that we have created a healthy rivalry with them? Wisconsin sort of feels like a rivalry, but not really. We've been smushed by them too many times.

MSU feels like a rivalry, but then we don't play them every season...

I guess to me, us losing more to Wisconsin doesn't negate them from being s rival.

What negates it to me is we had 1 hard fought game against them. To me, a rivalry is a long series of games that are hard fought. We've been blown out by Wisconsin 3 times and beat them once.

The Iowa games have also been close, but we've won 3 out of 4. A rivalry to me can't have lots of lopsided wins and an unbalanced win-loss record.

I guess to me, us losing more to Wisconsin doesn't negate them from being s rival.

What negates it to me is we had 1 hard fought game against them. To me, a rivalry is a long series of games that are hard fought. We've been blown out by Wisconsin 3 times and beat them once.

The Iowa games have also been close, but we've won 3 out of 4. A rivalry to me can't have lots of lopsided wins and an unbalanced win-loss record.

A rivalry can't be established over a period of 4-5 games, a true rivaly needs to be built over 10 - 20 years to get that balanced win/loss record and some history...IMHO

• Fire 1

A rivalry can't be established over a period of 4-5 games, a true rivaly needs to be built over 10 - 20 years to get that balanced win/loss record and some history...IMHO

The ADs should have done everything possible to keep the Oklahoma rivalry. It would have been awesome to play Oklahoma every year as an out of conference game after leaving the Big 12.

The ADs should have done everything possible to keep the Oklahoma rivalry. It would have been awesome to play Oklahoma every year as an out of conference game after leaving the Big 12.
Maybe we can keep it after 2021.

Oklahoma didn't want to continue it when the Big 8 merged with the Texas teams to become the Big 12. Imo, when they took away the Thanksgiving Day game it signaled the end of a truly fine rivalry.

Oklahoma didn't want to continue it when the Big 8 merged with the Texas teams to become the Big 12. Imo, when they took away the Thanksgiving Day game it signaled the end of a truly fine rivalry.

I agree, it seemed like they were tired of an annual beating. I still believe Oklahoma-Nebraska would be a great OOC game for both programs.