SB Nation: Emails to Perlman After Purdue Loss

Mavric

But do you know what happened before that? Nebraska lost to Purdue. And when a program as proud as Nebraska loses to a team that's only won five other times since 2012, fans are going to get upset.

So upset, that many sent emails to Nebraska chancellor Harvey Perlman. We filed an Open Records request for all emails sent to Dr. Perlman the weekend after the Purdue loss, and boy howdy, did we get a response.
Nebraska sent 30 pages of emails, and since the document is a treasure trove of fury, we've included the entire thing for you to read. Below are some excerpts.

Link

Pretty interesting way to go about things. They highlight several emails in the article and have a pdf of all of them at the bottom.

• Fire 1

Could have definitely been worse. Interesting he replied to one of them and basically asked the guy who else would've been interested in coming here. I'm sure if Eichorst had done his research and looked around more that he could have found a couple bigger names than Riley.

Having said all that I think Riley can be successful here. And as long as Riley is our coach he will have my support.

• Fire 2

very interesting. I wonder what kind of eml he received after the MSU win :dunno ? We'll see how the season plays out. If MR can manage a 3-4

game win streak through the bowl game, then the hatchets and pitch forks will be placed in storage until next year. If we bomb against RU and Iowa - the fury will only grow.

However, I believe we will beat RU (since when did NU have to worry about that??), I think we will be competitive against Iowa if the same 'focused' team shows up on our sideline as they did last week. If MR can pull off the upset, he may be able to secure 2 more years to implement his plan. We should be a better team next year - as the existing players become believers and his redshirt group becomes eligible to play along wt other true frosh who may not redshirt next year. I hope Collins stays around another year which would help. I don't think he has done enough to make the NFL leap yet. It will be MR's system & his players fully leading in year 3 - that will be the real proof if this experiment will succeed or not.

So instead of letting these emails go to spam and trash Harv sends them to SB Nation. Yeah that makes sense. :dunno

I'm pretty sure they filed a request through Nebraska's Open Records Law. The University is public, and unless the records had personal student records they are required to hand them over by law.

• Fire 4

So instead of letting these emails go to spam and trash Harv sends them to SB Nation. Yeah that makes sense. :dunno

I'm pretty sure they filed a request through Nebraska's Open Records Law. The University is public, and unless the records had personal student records they are required to hand them over by law.

Freedom of information act, perhaps.

Freedom of information act, perhaps.

That's exactly what it is. I do believe because of his position at a public university that he is required by law to keep them as well.

Wow! And I thought some of the people here on HB had issues with perspective, reality, and boundaries. Some of those emails take the cake. It is apparent that some people have absolutely no clue what the actual purpose of the University of Nebraska is. I now have a firmer grasp on why many people claim some fans have an "entitled". mentality. Most of the people who sent those emails need to get a life that does not revolve around Husker football. Good Lord the ridiculousness.

• Fire 2