Paris attacks

Expressing that the westborro baptist church members are Christian extremists is no negative indication on the majority of Christians. In fact, it's just the opposite by indicating that there is a difference between them and mainstream Christians.

Either way I don't care, because it's just words, but I don't htink it's the same thing. There is no Christianophobia in our country, and Christians aren't persecuted in our country, so with the generally positive public view of Christianity, saying something is done by Christian extremists is easy and doesn't bring any sort of baggage.

Could that be because the "Christian Extremists" are generally being asshats and holding signs, protesting at funerals while the "Muslim Extremists" are killing people by the thousands.

• Fire 1

Until the Muslims themselves stand up to these f#*k balls, acts like these will continue. The problem right now isn't with the ISIS, it's with the rest of the Muslims and their lack of self preservation. Their lack of putting a stop to these types of things. Their lack of grabbing their ball sack and fighting back. Instead of making a stand against these people, they're running away. They're expecting others to fix their problems. As long as that continues to happen, there is nothing we, the Russians, the Brits, or any other country can do that will solve the problem. The Muslims have to fix this problem.

Well... they're not. Has to make a person wonder how much a moderate Muslim truly dislikes the actions of the extremist Muslim.

And that's the problem. It's one thing for the muslim community to denounce the attacks, it's another when you run and hide from a problem that has been festering for a very long time. The Afghani's and Iraqi's both have thrown their hands in the air and run. Both failed miserably at taking the fight to ISIS. Both expect their problem to be fixed by someone else. I'm to the point I wish the world would tell them both "fix your sh#t or we will and you won't like how we fix it."

• Fire 1

Expressing that the westborro baptist church members are Christian extremists is no negative indication on the majority of Christians. In fact, it's just the opposite by indicating that there is a difference between them and mainstream Christians.

Either way I don't care, because it's just words, but I don't htink it's the same thing. There is no Christianophobia in our country, and Christians aren't persecuted in our country, so with the generally positive public view of Christianity, saying something is done by Christian extremists is easy and doesn't bring any sort of baggage.

It shouldn't matter what "baggage" there is. You should be able to call something what it is.

I actually don't know the full story on this naming of things. Is Obama actually refusing to call them muslim extremists (as in he said or implied he doesn't want to?) or is he just not wording it that way?

I think he just refuses to word it that way, and the fair and balanced news channel ran with it.

• Fire 1

It shouldn't matter what "baggage" there is. You should be able to call something what it is.

Terrorism?

I actually don't know the full story on this naming of things. Is Obama actually refusing to call them muslim extremists (as in he said or implied he doesn't want to?) or is he just not wording it that way?

He is intentionally refusing to say the words "Radical Islamic Extremists" or "Muslim Extremists." All 4 Democratic candidates in the debate last night also refused to utter those words in order to pander to the Muslim community in hopes of getting their votes.

• Fire 1

Yes there is. I watch students walk the other way when the elderly are friendly and handing out new testaments (with the option to decline). That's pretty phobic to me, and if that's in Kearney, NE it's everywhere.

Christians are persecuted in our country. However its in isolated incidents. Numerous times have schools shooters targeted Christians over their counterparts. That's persecution. No, it's not by the government, it's by people with a different set of beliefs

Persecution - "hostility, persistent annoyance, harassment and ill-treatment, especially because of race or political or religious beliefs."

Hostility - "unfriendliness or opposition."

Plenty of that goes on. You're (anyone in general) is a damn fool to think otherwise. Just because it's not violent doesn't mean there isn't a FORM of persecution going on. Army Allen is a perfect example on the board right now. Every chance he gets he's posting something anti-christian even when the discussion is about islam.

On another note pertaining to the actual topic.

France went after ISIS tonight. Which made me feel good for them and wonder (as always) why our incompetent president doesn't have the back bone to state the obvious. Obama is such a freaking coward its laughable.

Anyway, here is the story on the French fighter jets.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/french-jets-bomb-syria-police-launched-international-manhunt/story?id=35215091

• Fire 1

What I am more concerned with is that our current commander in chief stated just hours before the Paris attacks that ISIS was "contained," and he previously referred to them as the JV squad. How can any President, who has access to more classified and confidential information than anyone in the world, be so wrong in his judgment of this evil group?

Here's a link to the interview: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-obama-vows-completely-decapitate-isis-operations/story?id=35173579

And the portion of it that has what you're talking about:

“I don't think they're gaining strength,” the president told Stephanopoulos in an interview at the White House Thursday. “From the start our goal has been first to contain, and we have contained them. They have not gained ground in Iraq. And in Syria it -- they'll come in, they'll leave.

"But you don't see this systematic march by ISIL across the terrain," he added, using the government's acronym for ISIS.

“What we have not yet been able to do is to completely decapitate their command and control structures. We've made some progress in trying to reduce the flow of foreign fighters,” Obama said. “Part of our goal has to be to recruit more effective Sunni partners in Iraq to really go on offense rather than simply engage in defense.”

It's a heck of a lot less damning when you actually read the full context. At the time I read some of these quotes I was assuming he meant geographically, as in they weren't expanding the borders of their "country." That was the main concern because they were rounding people up, killing/enslaving them and then continuing to expand their borders. A group that's able to do that is much more scary than a group who's able to send a few suicide bombers somewhere for isolated attacks. ISIS has killed between 10,000 and 25,000 people on the ground in their territory.

It was already posted in post #73.

And the underlined above is why your type of thinking and these atrocities will be happening at a theater near you. Don't be scared though, I'm sure you have a "Safe/Gun Free Zone" nearby.

What I am more concerned with is that our current commander in chief stated just hours before the Paris attacks that ISIS was "contained," and he previously referred to them as the JV squad. How can any President, who has access to more classified and confidential information than anyone in the world, be so wrong in his judgment of this evil group?

Here's a link to the interview: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-obama-vows-completely-decapitate-isis-operations/story?id=35173579

And the portion of it that has what you're talking about:

“I don't think they're gaining strength,” the president told Stephanopoulos in an interview at the White House Thursday. “From the start our goal has been first to contain, and we have contained them. They have not gained ground in Iraq. And in Syria it -- they'll come in, they'll leave.

"But you don't see this systematic march by ISIL across the terrain," he added, using the government's acronym for ISIS.

“What we have not yet been able to do is to completely decapitate their command and control structures. We've made some progress in trying to reduce the flow of foreign fighters,” Obama said. “Part of our goal has to be to recruit more effective Sunni partners in Iraq to really go on offense rather than simply engage in defense.”

It's a heck of a lot less damning when you actually read the full context. At the time I read some of these quotes I was assuming he meant geographically, as in they weren't expanding the borders of their "country." That was the main concern because they were rounding people up, killing/enslaving them and then continuing to expand their borders. A group that's able to do that is much more scary than a group who's able to send a few suicide bombers somewhere for isolated attacks. ISIS has killed between 10,000 and 25,000 people on the ground in their territory.

It was already posted in post #73.

And the underlined above is why your type of thinking and these atrocities will be happening at a theater near you. Don't be scared though, I'm sure you have a "Safe/Gun Free Zone" nearby.

You did not post the full context, which is understandable since it wasn't in the article.

I'm not sure what you get out of my line of thinking from that. I don't think nothing should be done to defend people against terrorist attacks in the US and other countries, and I know that lots of things are done to defend against terrorist attacks. But keeping them from taking over more and more land is the prioirty right now. People who are able to do that are much stronger. Taking out their base of operations should lessen their ability to do these things.

Yes there is. I watch students walk the other way when the elderly are friendly and handing out new testaments (with the option to decline). That's pretty phobic to me, and if that's in Kearney, NE it's everywhere.

Christians are persecuted in our country. However its in isolated incidents. Numerous times have schools shooters targeted Christians over their counterparts. That's persecution. No, it's not by the government, it's by people with a different set of beliefs

Persecution - "hostility, persistent annoyance, harassment and ill-treatment, especially because of race or political or religious beliefs."

Plenty of that goes on. You're (anyone in general) is a damn fool to think otherwise. Just because it's not violent doesn't mean there isn't a FORM of persecution going on. Army Allen is a perfect example on the board right now. Every chance he gets he's posting something anti-christian even when the discussion is about islam.

Maybe because people in this thread are speaking about wiping out an entire people of the Islamic religion just for them being Islamic? I'd be more apt to be kinder to Christian values except I've never seen a Muslim person egg a gay person like I've seen Christian people do in person before.

I am just trying to make the point that both religions have had crazy extreme followers and people who horribly whether on purpose or not misinterpret their religious text to suit their purpose. The KKK had as big a following as ISIS does now which is at about 30k of 1.5 billion Islamic people in the world. I have no preference towards any religion as I'm agnostic (don't know what to believe in) and was raised Lutheran, so I'm not saying anything to offend any one religion but it's clear what religion the people that are in this topic that are attacking Muslims are.

• Fire 1

Maybe because people in this thread are speaking about wiping out an entire people of the Islamic religion just for them being Islamic? I'd be more apt to be kinder to Christian values except I've never seen a Muslim person egg a gay person like I've seen Christian people do in person before.

I am just trying to make the point that both religions have had crazy extreme followers and people who horribly whether on purpose or not misinterpret their religious text to suit their purpose. The KKK had as big a following as ISIS does now which is at about 30k of 1.5 billion Islamic people in the world. I have no preference towards any religion as I'm agnostic (don't know what to believe in) and was raised Lutheran, so I'm not saying anything to offend any one religion but it's clear what religion the people that are in this topic that are attacking Muslims are.

No one was disagreeing that there are extremist's on each side. Unless I just missed that. I also fail to see where "egging a gay person" or whatever that means (literal or figurative) trumps mass killing of innocent people.

I may have skipped reading a few posts but I don't see the attack on muslims as a whole. I've only seen the mention of ISIS, but again, maybe I was just assuming that's what people were meaning if they said "muslim".

I think Coach needs a snickers...

Turning the other way when someone offers you a new testament isn't persecutions, it's your right to free speech. You don't want it or like it you don't have to acknowledge it. Christians are not persecuted in this nation. Because 3 or 4 psychos who don't like organized religion kill christians does not equate to persecution. If it did then Obama and the United States of America would be the single largest persecutors of Muslims and second wouldn't even be close.

• Fire 3