Paris attacks

why in the heck are you on here arguing about this right now?

Because the battle against hate, ignorance and stupidity starts at my front door.

99.9% of the time i am in total agreement with you knapp....but please aim this battle against the muslim extremist. they are the epitome of hate, ignorance, and stupidity

Hey, I said before that I hope everyone you know is fine, and I mean that, and I will say a prayer when I go to bed here shortly that they are fine. But I do not understand how you can equate what happened there to deaths from car accidents. This is a "politics" forum too, and you of all people were defending Obama for wanting to "politicize" the Oregon shooting, and now are criticizing others on a "politics" forum for discussing the political fallout from today's terror attack.

I could care less about your hollow words. Your agenda is clear to anyone who reads these forums. You're the one who takes a tragedy like this and casts imprecations at Obama. This isn't some game for you to further your political hatred of the current president. It's a real situation.

Piss off, idiot.

• Fire 1

Because the battle against hate, ignorance and stupidity starts at my front door.

99.9% of the time i am in total agreement with you knapp....but please aim this battle against the muslim extremist. they are the epitome of hate, ignorance, and stupidity

Extremists are extremists, whether they are Christian, Muslim, Atheist or whatever. It is NOT a Muslim problem. It is an extremism problem.

• Fire 1

Hey, I said before that I hope everyone you know is fine, and I mean that, and I will say a prayer when I go to bed here shortly that they are fine. But I do not understand how you can equate what happened there to deaths from car accidents. This is a "politics" forum too, and you of all people were defending Obama for wanting to "politicize" the Oregon shooting, and now are criticizing others on a "politics" forum for discussing the political fallout from today's terror attack.

I could care less about your hollow words. Your agenda is clear to anyone who reads these forums. You're the one who takes a tragedy like this and casts imprecations at Obama. This isn't some game for you to further your political hatred of the current president. It's a real situation.

Piss off, idiot.

Dude, you are the biggest Obama defender on this site, and defended him when he politicized the Oregon shooting just hours after it occurred. Anytime we see mass tragedies like in Oregon or like in Paris tonight, its not a game as you suggest. It's serious, and we need to deal with the issues seriously. I don't hate Obama or anyone for that matter, so again you are putting words in my mouth. I have political disagreements with his policies, just as I'm sure you had many disagreements of the policies of his predecessor, and that is what political forums are for. I'm not posting this in the football thread or any other thread. I certainly am Conservative, but there are many Republicans I have been voiced my displeasure with including some things that Bush 43 did. Also, like you, I have 2 young kids and am extremely worried about the trajectory of this country.

• Fire 2

Ameer Abdullah is Muslim. So is Abdul Muhammad, Nebraska's great WR from the 1990s.

I suppose some people are comfortable with lumping all Muslims together. Me, I think Ameer is a True Son of Nebraska, and indicative everything this program and team stands for. And I'm damned glad to have had him here, and proud that he chose to come to Nebraska.

But that's just me, I guess.

I'm not comfortable at all with lumping all Muslims together, but I don't necessarily align with you entirely either.

I think of it the same way I think of the Greek system. I know way too many people who have been in frats or sororities who are great, great people that I love dearly, but at the same time, I'm pretty sure the Greek system is conducive to a certain kind of mindset or attractive to a certain kind of person that end up being really terrible. I know plenty of great Muslim people, and I know OF plenty more, but I also do not see this widespread, hellbent, "join us or die" sort of extremism coming out of any other faith systems at anywhere near the same influence or effect. That is scary to me.

I would say it is an extremist problem, and a Muslim extremist problem. I think you're arguing a false equivalency.

That being said, this is very, very sad and scary. I don't know anyone in Paris, but I couldn't imagine that sort of pain. I do know some good Muslim friends, and I know that they are just as tired and angry over this as anyone.

• Fire 1

Extremists are extremists, whether they are Christian, Muslim, Atheist or whatever. It is NOT a Muslim problem. It is an extremism problem.

where did i call it a muslim problem? .

When are we going to change the ROE to let our best guys hunts these fundamentalist a$$holes down, and start f*cking them up without compunction???

maybe we are not going to....but the russians are not shy i would bet that the Spetsnaz is over there hunting right now.

• Fire 1

Over 120 dead now?

Sounds like Russia might be getting active! RUSSIA DON'T PLAY

The last thing these ISIS fu#*$ want to do is get Russia pissed off. There is a reason those groups are scared to take "credit" for the Russian plane that went down.

You piss off Russia and end up behind their walls...good lord!

putin isn't afraid to use nukes if it furthers his cause.

Honestly, what the difference between one or two tactical N bombs vs. tons of munition weapons? Same results.

Awful, awful, awful. My heart goes out to anyone who has been affected by the tragedy in Paris.

We have to be careful with our words. No doubt the people who carried out these horrific tragedies were Muslim, and no doubt these were devout followers of extreme Islam, representative of a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of all practicing Muslims. The same with Christians, the people who practice extreme religion are not representative of an entire faith nor should they be treated as such.

Also, I think Obama knows who the real enemy is right now. I bet he knows that extreme Islam presents a strong threat as much as any extreme ideology. Just because he doesn't say extreme Islam doesn't mean he's completely oblivious to it.

• Fire 2

To read a book with 109 verses detailing graphically how to murder people who disagree with you, with divine jurisdiction, and then follow the book moderately, is a sign of deep rooted mental illness in my opinion. Why can't you rewrite the book? Oh, it's the word of god. Was god joking? Because I don't think it's very funny, personally.

• Fire 1

When are we going to change the ROE to let our best guys hunts these fundamentalist a$$holes down, and start f*cking them up without compunction???

maybe we are not going to....but the russians are not shy i would bet that the Spetsnaz is over there hunting right now.

Russia isn't afraid of offending someone to get a job done that needs to be done.

I'm sick of this political correctness BS.

This line usually comes before or after something stupid is said by the person who's saying it.

• Fire 1