White Student Union

But the second i see someone tellin me i shoukd be ashamed of my success

This proves to me that you have no interest in and aren't even trying to actually listen to what's being said. Because noone has ever said anything close to 'you should be ashamed'.

you didnt say it, but its what youre saying. Abd its not the first time.

Ive said my piece. Right or weong. Im din with this now. I never shoulda commented on it to begin with. I opened this thread about a white student union to see what some douschbag somewhere has come up with now and wound up reading garbage.

Created Wednesday after a protest sympathetic to Black Lives Matter, the page declared itself “for white students of University of Illinois to be able to form a community and discuss our own issues as well as be able to organize against the terrorism we have been facing from Black Lives Matter activists on campus,” as the Daily Illini reported.

I can't say I support this White Student Union thing. But is it any worse than the BLM movement? They're getting together to TALK about the terrorism of the BLM protesters. Terrorism you ask? What's that all about? Let me add this to the conversation:

At a number of campuses across Missouri BLM protesters sought out and vandalized the cars of white students. They weren't the cars of racist white students. The vandalized cars belonged to random college students who happened to be white. If the BLM protesters saw a white student park their car in a university lot, they'd wait until the student went inside. And then they'd vandalize it. A freshman student from my hometown had BLM protesters break the window to get into her car, break off the knobs and plastic parts from inside the car, steal the battery, pour something into the engine that damaged the engine, and steal stuff out of the trunk. They basically ruined her car. She's working her way through college and can't afford a new car. And she wasn't the only one who had her car damaged. She told me that dozens of cars parked in the university lots at this Missouri University got damaged in the same way by BLM protesters. (fyi, It wasn't Mizzou.) I'm not sure that I would label the car vandalism as terrorism. But it was certainly criminal behavior. And oddly, the media didn't report anything at all about it. Not even a little blurb in the local paper or the school newspaper.

btw, That college student whose car was vandalized is a liberal democrat active in campus politics. She was very sympathetic to the BLM movement. That is, until they destroyed her car. She's not so sympathetic now.

Should be easy to locate when they do form the "White" student union: just look for the swastika on the front of the building...

What if the white college freshman who had her car destroyed (along with dozens of others) wants to discuss how to avoid problems like this in the future? Does that make her a Nazi?

Well, I think the counter argument to this would be what someone posted up above. White people are typically over-represented in positive aspects of society and underrepresented in the negative ones. As such, if a white student had her car destroyed, she already has outlets she can go to in order to make herself feel comfortable. If a black student was the target of an obvious racial attack they may not feel the same way.

"White" only groups or "white" only student unions are inherently seen as racist and exclusive, where as black only equivalents would be seen as a place for black people to feel safe and understood.

On paper, is it fair? Absolutely not. However, it would be unjust for anyone to suggest that all races have equivalence in this country. (Not that you're suggesting this, of course. Just speaking in general terms.) Affirmative action, race-specific groups... they're like moss cultures. Society created the injustices that allowed the problems to expand and grow, which means the parts of society that felt slanted took steps to gain better footing.

I guess I thought, call me old fashioned, that a student union is the place on campus open and available to all of the student body to hang out and what not. Do they have multiple student unions now?

I believe they are talking about an organization....not a building.

So who's to blame for the situation african-american's are born into? Their own community or everyone else?

I don't think assigning blame is helpful or necessary. It doesn't matter who's to blame, it only matters why things are the way they are and how we can all work to make them better.

If I'm black and I grow up with a single drug-addicted parent in the ghetto, and then I grow into a deadbeat gang member and knock someone up, then I am simultaneously a victim and a perpetrator of some nasty sh#t. These are cycles that have been repeating for centuries, you start out as the victim and you grow into the victimizer.

But, that's not what we are constantly bombarded with. We are constantly bombarded with messages that we, as white people, have created this entire system of racism to keep black people down. We as white people are responsible for why black people can't make it out of the ghetto because we are so much better off if they are poor. (which...BTW....is a crock of crap)

• Fire 3

But, that's not what we are constantly bombarded with. We are constantly bombarded with messages that we, as white people, have created this entire system of racism to keep black people down. We as white people are responsible for why black people can't make it out of the ghetto because we are so much better off if they are poor. (which...BTW....is a crock of crap)

We as a race, have a lot of blood on our hands, even if you and I individually don't. Think about it - this country was stolen by natives, founded by white people, for the betterment of white people, and with power in the hands of white people. We've made progress, but those underlying pillars of our country have never really changed, so how exactly are we supposed to now expect minorities to be on a level playing field?

There are still millionaires all over the country because of generational wealth passed down from the plantation days, just like there are still a lot of fatherless black boys because their descendents lived in a time where it was normal for a hulking fit black man to be used as a stud impregnating all the female slaves for more workers.

Again, please keep in mind that these are all general truths. That means they apply only to assessments of society as a whole, and aren't usually meant to be taken down to individual specific people. Are there upset and irrational POC who have a carte blanche prejudice against white people? Absolutely there are, and that's unfortunate because it doesn't help them or do any good for anyone, but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

We as a race, have a lot of blood on our hands, even if you and I individually don't. Think about it - this country was stolen by natives, founded by white people, for the betterment of white people, and with power in the hands of white people. We've made progress, but those underlying pillars of our country have never really changed, so how exactly are we supposed to now expect minorities to be on a level playing field?

There are still millionaires all over the country because of generational wealth passed down from the plantation days, just like there are still a lot of fatherless black boys because their descendents lived in a time where it was normal for a hulking fit black man to be used as a stud impregnating all the female slaves for more workers.

Again, please keep in mind that these are all general truths. That means they apply only to assessments of society as a whole, and aren't usually meant to be taken down to individual specific people. Are there upset and irrational POC who have a carte blanche prejudice against white people? Absolutely there are, and that's unfortunate because it doesn't help them or do any good for anyone, but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

But, you just did what you said isn't helpful or necessary. I know you are just answering my post. But, this is the message we are constantly bombarded with.

Honestly, I think the only thing we are guilty of is being from Europe which means were have white ancestry. Societies throughout history have been amazingly brutal towards one another no matter what race is involved. Study who the plains indians treated each other just for being from another tribe. Honestly, some of those make our slavery look kind. Look at how the middle eastern people treat each other. There are periods in history where one group of people in Asia would be absolutely brutal to another group.

Look at black gangs right now and their actions against each other.

All of these are examples of non-white groups of people are not nice to another group.

So, now we are stuck with generations of black communities where the essence of existence does not even foster success or even maintaining what we would consider a normal life.

If you want an absolute wild idea to break this cycle, put together a program where babies born to black people in these neighborhoods whose parent/parents have absolutely no ability to raise them properly and adopt them to families who can provide for them and teach them how to be successful citizens. Those could be black or white families.

However, be prepared for a sh#t storm because nobody is going to be willing to go that far.

However, that child would immediately be given a much better chance to lead what many would consider a successful life.

All I ever see is people arguing about the same ol same ol with no new ideas for solutions. It's been happening for the last 70-80 years.

I will agree with one thing I heard this morning on TV. Where are the protests and actions of BLM groups actually in black neighborhoods where blacks are literally slaughtering each other. Do they only matter when something happens and it's caused by a white person?

I will agree with one thing I heard this morning on TV. Where are the protests and actions of BLM groups actually in black neighborhoods where blacks are literally slaughtering each other. Do they only matter when something happens and it's caused by a white person?

I don't think anyone truly believes the "white man" is the only person/entity responsible for the current predicaments various races of our society battle through. It's a confluence of variables that the "white man" has played an integral in cultivating.

As you correctly bring up, some problems are cultural within these various groups of people. North Omaha, relatively close to where I grew up, is a festering boil of ineptitude, poverty and dysfunction. The challenges they face are also a result of high school dropouts, a crime culture, early pregnancy and a lack of resources. Ultimately, individual human beings often have a choice that will prevent them from falling down whatever rabbit hole they may be stereotypically at risk of falling down.

But, if it were as simple as yes or no, right and wrong, then we would never have crime, murders or heinous violence. Because, assumedly, everybody would know the correct choice. However, the correct choice is not always so easily concocted within an individual psyche.

Created Wednesday after a protest sympathetic to Black Lives Matter, the page declared itself “for white students of University of Illinois to be able to form a community and discuss our own issues as well as be able to organize against the terrorism we have been facing from Black Lives Matter activists on campus,” as the Daily Illini reported.

I can't say I support this White Student Union thing. But is it any worse than the BLM movement? They're getting together to TALK about the terrorism of the BLM protesters. Terrorism you ask? What's that all about? Let me add this to the conversation:

At a number of campuses across Missouri BLM protesters sought out and vandalized the cars of white students. They weren't the cars of racist white students. The vandalized cars belonged to random college students who happened to be white. If the BLM protesters saw a white student park their car in a university lot, they'd wait until the student went inside. And then they'd vandalize it. A freshman student from my hometown had BLM protesters break the window to get into her car, break off the knobs and plastic parts from inside the car, steal the battery, pour something into the engine that damaged the engine, and steal stuff out of the trunk. They basically ruined her car. She's working her way through college and can't afford a new car. And she wasn't the only one who had her car damaged. She told me that dozens of cars parked in the university lots at this Missouri University got damaged in the same way by BLM protesters. (fyi, It wasn't Mizzou.) I'm not sure that I would label the car vandalism as terrorism. But it was certainly criminal behavior. And oddly, the media didn't report anything at all about it. Not even a little blurb in the local paper or the school newspaper.

btw, That college student whose car was vandalized is a liberal democrat active in campus politics. She was very sympathetic to the BLM movement. That is, until they destroyed her car. She's not so sympathetic now.

Should be easy to locate when they do form the "White" student union: just look for the swastika on the front of the building...

What if the white college freshman who had her car destroyed (along with dozens of others) wants to discuss how to avoid problems like this in the future? Does that make her a Nazi?

Well, I think the counter argument to this would be what someone posted up above. White people are typically over-represented in positive aspects of society and underrepresented in the negative ones. As such, if a white student had her car destroyed, she already has outlets she can go to in order to make herself feel comfortable. If a black student was the target of an obvious racial attack they may not feel the same way.

"White" only groups or "white" only student unions are inherently seen as racist and exclusive, where as black only equivalents would be seen as a place for black people to feel safe and understood.

On paper, is it fair? Absolutely not. However, it would be unjust for anyone to suggest that all races have equivalence in this country. (Not that you're suggesting this, of course. Just speaking in general terms.) Affirmative action, race-specific groups... they're like moss cultures. Society created the injustices that allowed the problems to expand and grow, which means the parts of society that felt slanted took steps to gain better footing.

I guess I thought, call me old fashioned, that a student union is the place on campus open and available to all of the student body to hang out and what not. Do they have multiple student unions now?

I believe they are talking about an organization....not a building.

Hmmmm, well, I wonder what their mission statement is....and what inspires it.

Good post.

I think what gets lost in this discussion is there are poor people of every race: it's mainly a class issue, but blacks have occupied the lower classes in this country. There was Irish slavery predating black slavery in this country, so I've read.

So why not #poorlivesmatter then instead of the obvious #blacklivesmatter? Obviously #alllivesmatter in most everyone's opinion.....

Poor blacks face a lot more discrimination than poor whites.

Really?! I didn't know that............*sarcasm* Guess I should've put "rhetorical question" in there. :lol:

I just simply disagree with having to label everything with color, but that seems to be popular these days.

So why not #poorlivesmatter then instead of the obvious #blacklivesmatter? Obviously #alllivesmatter in most everyone's opinion.....

Really?! I didn't know that............*sarcasm* Guess I should've put "rhetorical question" in there. :lol:

I just simply disagree with having to label everything with color, but that seems to be popular these days.

It didn't seem rhetorical. Things are labeled that way because there is an actual problem.

It didn't seem rhetorical. Things are labeled that way because there is an actual problem.

K, there are a lot of problems out there right now, I'll leave it at that.

Obama has intentionally fostered and encouraged the rise of the racial unrest and incivility that is being seen all across this country. These 'protests' by the so-called Black Lives Matter group, like previous radical protesters that have appeared of late, are presented as some kind of 'spontaneous' response to the terrible injustices of our society in general. Far from spontaneous, these groups are paid politicals who travel from place to place and stage public displays of supposed outrage and upset at the various 'ills' identified as being imbedded in our society.

The social ill will that is being generated intentionally by this President and the other minority 'leaders' and spokes people are very destructive and will not lead to any kind of meaningful and valuable improvement of our society. It is nothing short of shameful and injurious to what had become a very homogenous population. To work actively to prevent and inhibit that assimilation of our one famously described 'melting pot' society is truly unAmerican. To intentionally divide and segregate and foster anger and hate (clearly Obama's most harmful efforts as President) by Blacks in our population is absolutely disgusting. Obama has lived with this hate of whites and a deep seated conviction that all whites are racists his entire lifetime. Likewise he is a Muslim proclaiming himself some sort of Christian.

• Fire 3

Obama has intentionally fostered and encouraged the rise of the racial unrest and incivility that is being seen all across this country. These 'protests' by the so-called Black Lives Matter group, like previous radical protesters that have appeared of late, are presented as some kind of 'spontaneous' response to the terrible injustices of our society in general. Far from spontaneous, these groups are paid politicals who travel from place to place and stage public displays of supposed outrage and upset at the various 'ills' identified as being imbedded in our society.

The social ill will that is being generated intentionally by this President and the other minority 'leaders' and spokes people are very destructive and will not lead to any kind of meaningful and valuable improvement of our society. It is nothing short of shameful and injurious to what had become a very homogenous population. To work actively to prevent and inhibit that assimilation of our one famously described 'melting pot' society is truly unAmerican. To intentionally divide and segregate and foster anger and hate (clearly Obama's most harmful efforts as President) by Blacks in our population is absolutely disgusting. Obama has lived with this hate of whites and a deep seated conviction that all whites are racists his entire lifetime. Likewise he is a Muslim proclaiming himself some sort of Christian.

What's also truly un-American is spewing words like this anonymously.
  • Fire 1