We need to beat Iowa because.........

Norhusker

MSU beat tOSU tonight. Beat Iowa and we have beat two top 10 teams this season...................... :power

While also losing to Purdue and Illinois.

Finishing strong is a damn sight better than falling apart to end a season. I think winning four straight to end the season including a bowl win and two wins over previously undefeated teams would be a respectable starting point for the new staff with things pointed in a good direction. No transition is ever going to be perfectly smooth but it would be a sign that rough times may be moving behind you.

• Fire 1

I'm a little worried the refs might be instructed on how to officiate this game. How much does the B1G miss out on if they don't have a team make the playoff? $3 million? Not that I've ever seen an officiating crew help get a team get to the national championship.

Yeah, I don't know how they see this at this point. I still think the network wants Ohio State, not Iowa,....but now Iowa winning out gives them the best chance for clear top 4. Who knows, maybe it won't be rigged at all and the gamblers will feel confident that they're not being jobbed. I'm sure they'd be just as happy if Clemson took out a BIG opponent in the first round no matter who it is. Heck, maybe Iowa is for real and wins it all??

Let's all watch to see if the ref has a hand on the flag every time a big play starts to break........or if the OC comes down with temporary insanity on 3rd and 2.

We just need to beat them so I don't have to hear it from the 12+ Iowa fans that run their mouth at work. Even after we beat them last year they were still running their mouths

When they start spouting off, quote this, "29-13-3". That is the series record, in our favor. biggrin1.gif

A couple of other juicy tidbits for you, in 1980 we beat them 57-0 and in 1915 the score was 52-7 in our favor. Keep bringing up all the times we've curbstomped them. biggrin1.gif

*Edit* Here's a link to all the scores in the series.

http://www.huskermax.com/games/iowaBT.html

Edited by Elf