***Official Iowa Game Discussion Thread***

Blame coaches if you must. TA made awful throws and went away from primary route on 2 of them. He was awful today and we couldnt afford that. The 4th and 1 play was open. TA went elsewhere with the ball, not on coaches. Bad qb play did us in today

Again...and I don't see how folks don't f*****g get this...Tommy played poorly, to say the least. But if you're the OC, and you see that Tommy can't figure out the opposition's zone defense...do you keep calling plays that force him to figure it out? Or do you go with higher-percentage plays that move the chains and keep the ball away from Iowa?

This is the same God D**m s**t that we saw against BYU, against Wisky, against Illinois, against Purdue. It's not the kids, it's the coaches being inept. The talent is there--these coaches just don't know how to best utilize it, which should put a chill through any kid that's committed to this staff.

What run? According to most here when we run we don't run the right way. How about a competent Junior QB. Watch Baylor's 3rd stringer tonight if you want to see better QB play. Ohio State, Baylor, etc have better second and third string QBS then our first string.

45 pass attempts for Armstrong, on a cold and windy day, in a game where the largest deficit was 11 points. Thanks, Langsahan.

In all seriousness, if I were SE, Riley would get the Solich option. "X" staff is gone or your are. That is all. I will need your decision in the morning as Tom Herman is waiting to see if he needs to resign form Houston or not.
No offense but Herman is going to pretty much have his pick of the lot as far as vacancies are concerned. I doubt Nebraska would be his choice. He'll likely have teams like Georgia and FSU vying for his services.

The 1 thing in our favor is that Herman was at ISU and OSU, if he is a Midwest guy, he will be familiar with nebraska, and I'm sure he would like a chance to go head to head with Urban

Yup. I agree he would have been the ideal choice. But we're unfortunately a year out from having to worry about this, unfortunately.

Though, if Riley would just wise up and jettison the dead weight on his staff...

So who is responsible for that fourth and 1 fade route? Is that a hot read by tommy and the wr? That has to be one of the stupidest things I have ever seen in college football

I'll say it again . . . if it would have been completed for a TD, it would be called a "genius" play call. This is part of football; get used to it.

No...it wouldn't.

Blame coaches if you must. TA made awful throws and went away from primary route on 2 of them. He was awful today and we couldnt afford that. The 4th and 1 play was open. TA went elsewhere with the ball, not on coaches. Bad qb play did us in today

Again...and I don't see how folks don't f*****g get this...Tommy played poorly, to say the least. But if you're the OC, and you see that Tommy can't figure out the opposition's zone defense...do you keep calling plays that force him to figure it out? Or do you go with higher-percentage plays that move the chains and keep the ball away from Iowa?

This is the same God D**m s**t that we saw against BYU, against Wisky, against Illinois, against Purdue. It's not the kids, it's the coaches being inept. The talent is there--these coaches just don't know how to best utilize it, which should put a chill through any kid that's committed to this staff.

What run? According to most here when we run we don't run the right way. How about a competent Junior QB. Watch Baylor's 3rd stringer tonight if you want to see better QB play. Ohio State, Baylor, etc have better second and third string QBS then our first string.

Not any more, Beck is their coach

So who is responsible for that fourth and 1 fade route? Is that a hot read by tommy and the wr? That has to be one of the stupidest things I have ever seen in college football

I'll say it again . . . if it would have been completed for a TD, it would be called a "genius" play call. This is part of football; get used to it.

Coach just basically said that wasn't the only option on that play. Nice way of saying that wasn't the throw they wanted.

I don't think the majority would call it a genius call. Most would say a gutsy, but ill advised, very lucky call. You have a QB who is not good on touch passes, but a gifted runner, so you ask him to make one of the most difficult throws in football. When you need one frickin yard.