***Official Iowa Game Discussion Thread***

45 pass attempts for Armstrong, on a cold and windy day, in a game where the largest deficit was 11 points. Thanks, Langsahan.

In all seriousness, if I were SE, Riley would get the Solich option. "X" staff is gone or your are. That is all. I will need your decision in the morning as Tom Herman is waiting to see if he needs to resign form Houston or not.

I doubt we'll be able to outbid Texass (since their crack-pipe dream of Saban won't happen), but I'd love to see him here.

I wonder if we could get Norm Chow as OC for a year or two. IIRC, he was going to retire after his time at Hawaii...

He's be a good one.

So who is responsible for that fourth and 1 fade route? Is that a hot read by tommy and the wr? That has to be one of the stupidest things I have ever seen in college football

TA gets the snap and immediately looks to the end zone..... The play might have had additional routes, TA did not
well I guess my question though is the fade the called play and primary receiver? I mean I just have a hard time believing it was langsdorf and notTo Tommie being too brazen

It was Tommy being brazen. He had Cethan Carter wide-open in the flat.

• Fire 1

Blame coaches if you must. TA made awful throws and went away from primary route on 2 of them. He was awful today and we couldnt afford that. The 4th and 1 play was open. TA went elsewhere with the ball, not on coaches. Bad qb play did us in today

Which came first, the chicken or the egg? TA was bad, so don't call plays to make it worse

45 pass attempts for Armstrong, on a cold and windy day, in a game where the largest deficit was 11 points. Thanks, Langsahan.

In all seriousness, if I were SE, Riley would get the Solich option. "X" staff is gone or your are. That is all. I will need your decision in the morning as Tom Herman is waiting to see if he needs to resign form Houston or not.

No offense but Herman is going to pretty much have his pick of the lot as far as vacancies are concerned. I doubt Nebraska would be his choice. He'll likely have teams like Georgia and FSU vying for his services.

Blame coaches if you must. TA made awful throws and went away from primary route on 2 of them. He was awful today and we couldnt afford that. The 4th and 1 play was open. TA went elsewhere with the ball, not on coaches. Bad qb play did us in today

Again...and I don't see how folks don't f*****g get this...Tommy played poorly, to say the least. But if you're the OC, and you see that Tommy can't figure out the opposition's zone defense...do you keep calling plays that force him to figure it out? Or do you go with higher-percentage plays that move the chains and keep the ball away from Iowa?

This is the same God D**m s**t that we saw against BYU, against Wisky, against Illinois, against Purdue. It's not the kids, it's the coaches being inept. The talent is there--these coaches just don't know how to best utilize it, which should put a chill through any kid that's committed to this staff.

The announcers are dogging the coaches, but TA even more. Some Terrible play calling, but really terrible QB play with poor fundamentals and decision making.

It's been the truth all year. It's why 5-7 is what will show up on the final record

3077907.jpg

And next year when they have a QB to replace him with, they'll make a change.

Beck couldn't do much with him, now another staff can't. Abdullah gives them 2 or 3 wins on his speed alone just like last year.

His fundamentals and decisions are so bad he won't be fixed in college and will never play pro.

No offense but Herman is going to pretty much have his pick of the lot as far as vacancies are concerned. I doubt Nebraska would be his choice. He'll likely have teams like Georgia and FSU vying for his services.

I agree. He'd be my first choice. Might like a chance to make NU respectable and relevant. Runs a power spread. Culturally, he would be a home run.

All you folks that hated Fyfe? News for ya, he would have won more games than 5!

No. No he wouldn't've
Yeah he would have but stay stupid

He lost to Purdue, dude. PURDUE. Not to mention he threw 4 INTs in that game. But you go ahead and try to convince yourself otherwise, if it makes you feel better.

He didnt lose the game by himself unlike tommy today. And hes responsible for maybe 2 of those ints. David blogh is still running. Get a clue or be dumbest of all time.

Again...and I don't see how folks don't f*****g get this...Tommy played poorly, to say the least. But if you're the OC, and you see that Tommy can't figure out the opposition's zone defense...do you keep calling plays that force him to figure it out? Or do you go with higher-percentage plays that move the chains and keep the ball away from Iowa?

This is the same God D**m s**t that we saw against BYU, against Wisky, against Illinois, against Purdue. It's not the kids, it's the coaches being inept. The talent is there--these coaches just don't know how to best utilize it, which should put a chill through any kid that's committed to this staff.

Same with folks blaming Daniel Davie and Gerry for the D....... Its the scheme guys. Its the scheme....

The 1 thing in our favor is that Herman was at ISU and OSU, if he is a Midwest guy, he will be familiar with nebraska, and I'm sure he would like a chance to go head to head with Urban

Sad. We couldve gotten a real coach.

It's just one game, just one season.

The announcers are dogging the coaches, but TA even more. Some Terrible play calling, but really terrible QB play with poor fundamentals and decision making.

It's been the truth all year. It's why 5-7 is what will show up on the final record

3077907.jpg

And next year when they have a QB to replace him with, they'll make a change.

Beck couldn't do much with him, now another staff can't. Abdullah gives them 2 or 3 wins on his speed alone just like last year.

His fundamentals and decisions are so bad he won't be fixed in college and will never play pro.

Hell, we could argue Beck even ran Barrett and Jones into the ground at Ohio State