POB

I wish we had a more clear picture on what the actual skill set separation is with the current QB's on our roster. The sample size with just the Spring game and one career start for Fyfe is pretty small. Setting aside the vast amount of turnovers in the game Fyfe started, which inexperience surely played a role, I thought he showed some promise. Bush looked like a less experienced version of Tommy in the Spring game to me. Darlington was the only QB I saw that actually went through consistent progression with his reads, but seems to have fallen off the map. I learned my lesson about assuming a hotshot QB in high school will translate to college. Stanton being the most recent example. So, POB has promise on paper, but nothing more. I am just hoping someone steps up big time next year.

It's always the backup QB that is the next best thing. We heard that about Bush in the early spring until he pooped the bed in the spring game. I'm hopeful POB can come in and shine, but honestly that's too much to expect from a true frosh.

Josh Rosen.

Good example. Yes it's hope. And yes that's kind of all we got right now. Upgrades at RB and DE would be huge too. BTW, only 10 QBs in the the country have worse completion % than Tommie.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2015/leader/national/player/split01/category02/sort03.html

Are they counting all the ones that the DB's caught?

POB will start in 16 and he'll do well. Can't wait to watch it unfold.

Harrison Beck was going to start in '05. How exciting was that to watch unfold?

with that logic cm then why would any kid even try to play??

Kids should try to play. My issue is with fans and stupid expectations.

Shut up.

Stupid expectations? Like what? Expecting POB to come in here and play? HE'S ENROLLING IN JANUARY! It's not like he's coming in at fall camp and being thrust in there.

I have an issue with fans and dumb responses.

If he can play, he will play. If he can't, he won't play.

This is not a big deal.

It is and it isn't. It's a big deal because TA has not shown marked improvement from the 2014 season, and although blame also falls on the coaches' shoulders for this, his poor performance at the position is a significant reason Nebraska has gone 5-7 this year.

It isn't a big deal because, no matter how much people may want to see new blood, it is not very common for a freshman to come in and surpass a senior with four years of playing experience. I also think the coaches will be taking a monumental risk if they make it even remotely seem like they're trying to shove TA out of the spot unfairly. TA is a strong leader and well-liked person in the locker room. POB has to outright win the position.

And if he doesn't, you're right - so what? He's 18. It will fall on TA's shoulders. But, if that does happen, I sincerely hope these coaches take a new approach to their offensive philosophy. What they did at times this year was flat out unacceptable and went against the philosophy they proclaimed preseason... that they weren't going to square-peg round-hole guys.

• Fire 1

The thing about Tommy is, whatever the offensive philosophy, he's going to make bad decisions and demonstrate poor mechanics, leading to turnovers. I'm sure Langsdorf, Beck, Favre, others have worked with him on it, he just can't shake his bad habits, and he just doesn't have game speed decision making abilities. We've been at this for three years, it won't get any better, time to move on.

Tommy makes a ton of mistakes. Always has. Chances are he can cut down on them somewhat. Problem is, we depend on him to win games as the focal point of the offense.

If we bring in a freshman and expect him to not make a bunch of mistakes as well, we better have him be more of a "game manager" until he gets seasoned.

I'm more concerned if POB starts that our defense will need to be much much better in order to put him in good positions to manage the game, not have to "win it" every play; which I feel like is a huge problem w TA. He plays like he has to win the game on every play.