Nebraska Wide Receiver Brandon Reilly Leaves No Tip for Waiter Who Bashes the Cornhuskers Football Team

GSG

You know, it's comments like this that bring down the intelligence level of conversations on this board. You knew what I meant. And yet you think you are being clever.

Here's a level of intelligence not yet fully explored or even given scant attention by many on this board: There is more (or should be more) to these players than chasing an odd shaped ball up and down the field. Reilly thinks he pulled off some sort of coup by doing this, one step above or below Lewis taunting the fans with his "We suck!"

"Well they're just kids!" bullsh#t. If he were my kid, he would be ordered to frickin' stay home until he can go out in public without bringing (additional) embarrassment on the team and lording $4.00 over some other kid his age who has to work for a living because his precious ego was bruised for having someone tell him the truth to his face.

You get the last word. So make sure you try to be clever for whoever reads your next post.

• Fire 1

Do you get rewarded when you f#*k up at your job?

Well, isn't Reilly getting to go to a bowl game after going 5-7?

If he held himself to the same standards as the server, he would stay home, right?

Don't do it well, don't get a tip trip. Pretty[/size] [/size]simple.[/size]

Here, now your statement covers Reilly as well.

Oh sweet Jesus this place kills me

Trollfin on a roll lately

It is interesting as a comparison...

In a month Riley will get a huge tip for a bowl game (that he gets on a technicality) and he will get another year added to his contract for results that no one would consider to be anything other than crappy.

It's already been released that the coaches will not get a bowl bonus. Nice try tho

If he held himself to the same standards as the server, he would stay home, right?

In a month Riley will get a huge tip for a bowl game (that he gets on a technicality) and he will get another year added to his contract for results that no one would consider to be anything other than crappy.

It's already been released that the coaches will not get a bowl bonus. Nice try tho

Is it that they don't get the bonus or that they didn't accept them?

It's got to be that they won't accept them. It's built into their contracts that they get them. I don't see how the university could deny the bonus unless there was an addendum added later to take into account the manner in which we get to a bowl.

You know, it's comments like this that bring down the intelligence level of conversations on this board. You knew what I meant. And yet you think you are being clever.

Here's a level of intelligence not yet fully explored or even given scant attention by many on this board: There is more (or should be more) to these players than chasing an odd shaped ball up and down the field. Reilly thinks he pulled off some sort of coup by doing this, one step above or below Lewis taunting the fans with his "We suck!"

"Well they're just kids!" bullsh#t. If he were my kid, he would be ordered to frickin' stay home until he can go out in public without bringing (additional) embarrassment on the team and lording $4.00 over some other kid his age who has to work for a living because his precious ego was bruised for having someone tell him the truth to his face.

You get the last word. So make sure you try to be clever for whoever reads your next post.

For the most part this was a much smarter post compared to your "Reilly can boycott the bowl game" crap.

Here is the article...looks like the bonus (tip) was taken away from him...just like this server. So you were sort of correct. He was supposed to get it but his service was so bad it was withheld.

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — Nebraska will play in a bowl with a 5-7 record if invited to one, but coach Mike Riley and his assistants won't receive bowl bonuses.

Senior associate athletic director David Witty confirmed Monday night that athletic director Shawn Eichorst met with Riley and decided not to pay bowl bonuses outlined in the coaches' contracts. The Omaha World-Herald first reported the decision.

Riley's contract calls for him to be paid a $150,000 bonus if in a bowl outside the College Football Playoff. Including assistants, Nebraska would have paid $435,000 in bonuses.

Nebraska is first in line among 5-7 teams to fill bowl slots once all teams 6-6 and better have been selected. Witty said contract wording might be tweaked in the future to cover going to a bowl with a losing record.

It's got to be that they won't accept them. It's built into their contracts that they get them. I don't see how the university could deny the bonus unless there was an addendum added later to take into account the manner in which we get to a bowl.

I posted the article...looks like it was just not given to them and that in the future when Riley has more 5-7 seasons a change will be made.

Do you feel that every single thread and post on this board presents you with an opportunity to let us know how displeased you are with Mike Riley? We understand that you are pissed off with the results of our team this year. We understand it from the hundreds of posts and status entries you've made over the past three months. As a general rule we don't censor content as it pertains to personal opinions. OTOH, we don't condone posters flitting into every thread on the board with the exact same comments they've made in dozens of other threads. Perhaps you should give it a rest in the threads that have nothing to do with Mike Riley or the losses we've suffered through this season. There are plenty of other threads where your comments will fit right in.

Teach, nobody is saying that you have to be satisfied with Mike Riley or the mediocre performance we went through this year. None of us are satisfied. But please, PLEASE, quit crapping on every thread you post in.

Carry on.

• Fire 5

Typical, come in to thread, drop grenade, lose argument and disappear to troll another day.

I said I was done with St. Paul Husker...

As for you, you are out of your element here, Donny!...err, Sparkle.

Aside for our taste in movies I don't think we will see eye to eye, but that made me laugh.

Do you get rewarded when you f#*k up at your job? The personal aspect is part of being a waiter, and tips are nothing more than a reward for a job well done.

Don't do it well, don't get a tip. Pretty simple.

No, I don't get rewarded, but I still get a paycheck. That's where perhaps I differ with others here. I think up to some minimum amont (e.g. 15%), you are paying for the service they are providing. A "reward" would be anything above that for good service.

Not a smart move by the waiter, but doesn't not justify not getting a tip IMO. After all, nobody knows how good the service was (or wasn't).

Isn't everyone in the state of Nebraska bashing Nebraska football right now? Whatever he said couldn't have been that terrible. It's just that this guy said it to the wrong person at the wrong time.

BR shouldn't take it so personal, and be happy that they have such passionate fans that want their team to do well, and hurt when they don't.

I think it's perfectly fine for BR to leave a note to call him out, but to punish him by not tipping takes it a bit too far.

Completely disagree. My wife got through college working at a restaurant in Tampa that was frequented quite often by the local pro athletes. It was a known policy to never talk trash about the local teams, no matter what, because you make those patrons feel unwelcome. They fired people for it, because you never knew who might be within earshot

I agree with your disagreement. It completely makes sense to have these sorts of rules in places like this, and I'm not saying the waiter didn't do anything wrong. I'm just not too keen on the idea that BR decided not to pay for a service that he was provided because somebody said something he didn't like. Leaving the note is fine, or even complaining to the manager would be okay by me. But if you're that quick to not tip anything, I'm not sure you should be going to full service restaurants.