It's Official: Foster Farms Bowl: NU v UCLA, Dec. 26

It's actually a good match-up and it will be interesting to see many things in this game. Most looking to see how the defense, now healthy and with some depth, does against a good UCLA offense. Should be a good test for Banker.

Also see how the offense does with the month long practice prep for this game against an injury riddled UCLA defense.

I like Nebraska winning this one, as Jim Mora is to UCLA as Bo was to Nebraska. Guy just wins about 8-9 games a year, nothing more, nothing less. His teams tend to stall in the second half of the season.

• Fire 1

If true, would be a good indication that the perception of our team's strength does not match our record.

That, or they wanted to lock up our historically good-travelling fanbase.

Either way, I love the bowl and opponent as compared to cold Detroit or Air Force. A lower-profile opponent is a no-win situation for national perception IMO.

It's the Pac 12 #4 vs. Big 10 #7. Why they mismatch conferences that much, I don't know, but it's got little to do with perception of us. We are 9th in the B1G, and with MSU in the playoffs, we are B1G #8. So we got bumped one spot, assuming this is true. I'm guessing they've put Indiana in the closer QuickLane Bowl in Detroit. Hadn't heard if other matchups have been leaked or announced.

Holiday bowl is Pac #3 vs B1G #6 also.

http://collegefootballnews.com/2015/2015-2016-college-football-bowl-conference-tie-ins

Actually, since Ohio State got the Fiesta Bowl, the B1G got 2 extra major bowls (playoffs + Fiesta in addition to the Rose) so we are right in line as the #7 team. We face a tough matchup because of the #4 vs #7, and also because the Pac 12 didn't get any extra bowls while the Big 10 got 2 extras, so it's really #4 vs #9. Nothing really to lose, other than the possibility of a 5-8 record. If we win, it should be considered a very good win against a tougher opponent.

Indiana got the Pinstripe Bowl as #6 so they did not fall behind us. The source I quoted was wrong about the Holiday taking the #6 team. They had the order right under the Big 10, but under the Pac 10 they listed the opponent as Big 10 #6 when it's actually #4.

If true, would be a good indication that the perception of our team's strength does not match our record.

That, or they wanted to lock up our historically good-travelling fanbase.

Either way, I love the bowl and opponent as compared to cold Detroit or Air Force. A lower-profile opponent is a no-win situation for national perception IMO.

It's the Pac 12 #4 vs. Big 10 #7. Why they mismatch conferences that much, I don't know, but it's got little to do with perception of us. We are 9th in the B1G, and with MSU in the playoffs, we are B1G #8. So we got bumped one spot, assuming this is true. I'm guessing they've put Indiana in the closer QuickLane Bowl in Detroit. Hadn't heard if other matchups have been leaked or announced.

Holiday bowl is Pac #3 vs B1G #6 also.

http://collegefootballnews.com/2015/2015-2016-college-football-bowl-conference-tie-ins

The imbalance has a lot to do with three B1G teams making the New Year's Six bowl games compared to one Pac-12 team. Moves all the B1G teams up two spots.

• Fire 1

Nothing but upside/opportunity here for us. For all the negative comments about having to play UCLA again ... think about how much it would suck to play a bad, 5-7 Husker team you've beat up the last few times you played them.

We didn't deserve a bowl and get to play a much better team with a better record, a chance to give them some payback ... and in a good recruiting area against a great QB. I would love to play someone we hadn't played in a while as well but dang ... with how bad this season went I can't believe how many folks think we deserve more/better.

Ya, I know ... you are the greatest fans on earth. Geez.

You also. Tell me a team that has a better win/loss record or the same record with a better APR that is NOT getting a chance......

Somebody on here mentioned about 3 weeks ago that NU was considered in Vegas to be a 7-2 team - with our 2-1 record since then that would make us similar to a 9-3 team. I know we are (5-7) however Vegas is usually spot on by the last part of the season and I would expect the game and line to be close.