10 - 3

We could have easily gone 10-3 this year. But obstacles piled sky high.

Could also have easily finished 3-9. But, if my aunt had balls, she would be my uncle, as they say.
Do tell, how were we close to finishing 3-9?

I say we could have won 10 because there were 4 games we essentially lost at the last second.

Enlighten me wordsmith.

Southern Miss and Sparty. I say we could have easily lost 9 because there were 2 games that ended in victory but the outcome was still very much in the balance with 1 min to play. One of which, we benefitted from a terrible call.

It was the correct call. Every expert that has viewed the play disagrees with you.

No, sticking with call by line judge was correct. But, line judge made a blatantly wrong call. Just not reviewable.

Which part? The forced out of bounds part or the part where Brandon re-established himself in bounds?

Could also have easily finished 3-9. But, if my aunt had balls, she would be my uncle, as they say.

I say we could have won 10 because there were 4 games we essentially lost at the last second.

Enlighten me wordsmith.

Southern Miss and Sparty. I say we could have easily lost 9 because there were 2 games that ended in victory but the outcome was still very much in the balance with 1 min to play. One of which, we benefitted from a terrible call.

It was the correct call. Every expert that has viewed the play disagrees with you.

No, sticking with call by line judge was correct. But, line judge made a blatantly wrong call. Just not reviewable.

Which part? The forced out of bounds part or the part where Brandon re-established himself in bounds?

I prefer the end where he scores & the play is confirmed as called on the field.

Enlighten me wordsmith.

Not to be the negative guy, but he is not wrong.

NU was up 29-7 to start the 4th & gave up 21 points & seemed unable to stop the Southern Miss offense in the 4th Qtr. A 3rd & 19 converted by Armstrong to Riley for 41yds stopped the bleeding in the forth quarter from Southern Miss & let NU score their only 4th quarter points. SM got a onside kick. Freedom sacked the QB to end the game. It ended up being a nail bitter at the end.

MSU vs NU - Had the CB held on to a pass that Armstrong threw right to him. The game would have ended with another loss.

The bowl game would have never happened with another loss so that would have made them 3-9.

You can't just look at the bad breaks & not the good ones. The truth is this team is lucky to be a 6-7 team, as sad as that sounds. The bowl game was a gift. A gift that only 3 teams have ever recieved.

How dare you slap these "best fans in the world" posters with reality. They were most likely raised in a fantasy world by their MILF stay at home moms. When faced with reality they lash out at you like you're their run-away daddies.

Enlighten me wordsmith.

Umm, no. The receiver is contacted by the defender as he goes out. That qualifies as being forced out. He reestablishes himself before coming back in, makes the catch and scores. Got it right on the field.

We didn't win on a technicality, we hung in and won fair and square. Sorry if that irks you?

Enlighten me wordsmith.

NU was up 29-7 to start the 4th & gave up 21 points & seemed unable to stop the Southern Miss offense in the 4th Qtr. A 3rd & 19 converted by Armstrong to Riley for 41yds stopped the bleeding in the forth quarter from Southern Miss & let NU score their only 4th quarter points. SM got a onside kick. Freedom sacked the QB to end the game. It ended up being a nail bitter at the end.

MSU vs NU - Had the CB held on to a pass that Armstrong threw right to him. The game would have ended with another loss.

The bowl game would have never happened with another loss so that would have made them 3-9.

You can't just look at the bad breaks & not the good ones. The truth is this team is lucky to be a 6-7 team, as sad as that sounds. The bowl game was a gift. A gift that only 3 teams have ever recieved.

Actually, I can look bad breaks only considering his response was to my comment of us being able to go 10-3 if not for obstacles. If the discussion were do I think we could have finished 3-9 we could talk about that.

For funsies here is my take on 3-9. I don't think we could have gone 3-9 because at one point the team gets super pissed and starts playing with a grudge. So say SMISS does some last minute heroics and beats us and we start 1-4. We play a little more pissed against Illinois and win that far more impressively than we would have. Maybe we take that momentum and beat Wiscy too. Say we still drop NW but we still feel upset about it enough to try harder against Purdue and we hold on for a win. Minny and Rutgers were both gonna be wins, maybe we end up losing the Sparty game, Iowa probably still a loss. There, we still finish what, 5-7 or 6-6 in this scenario.

So no, while he is technically not wrong, I still completely disagree.

Enlighten me wordsmith.

How dare you slap these "best fans in the world" posters with reality. They were most likely raised in a fantasy world by their MILF stay at home moms. When faced with reality they lash out at you like you're their run-away daddies.

How are you not banned yet?

• Fire 7

Enlighten me wordsmith.

It has been SUPER FUN getting to know you the last week or so, but I can't wait to forget you in the Village of the Banned thread.

• Fire 5

I mean I kinda get where he's coming from. After beating UCLA it really doesn't feel all that different from the end of the 10-4 seasons. No serious hardware but a little something to hang our hat on as we get excited for next year.

Well, it kind of does. After the 09' season, we pretty much finished the seasons in disappointing fashion. This year, we started the season out in disappointing fashion but finished pretty strong. Had it not been for a pick 6 and three other INTs, we win our last four games.

The way I look at it, Nebraska was really only a handful of plays away from being a 9-10 win team this season. I think that is something worth taking note of.

However, for the most part, I do tend to agree with Bill Parcells - "You are what your record says you are." Nebraska was a 6-7 team this year. Though they may have lost in the final minutes and on last second plays, they simply didn't play well enough to win the games they lost. People tend to focus on what happens at the end of games, but dozens of plays and moments lead up to the end that Nebraska could've taken better advantage of.

The good and great teams are the ones who end up capitalizing throughout the game, and in key moments, to ensure victory. Nebraska was not one of those teams. Hell, if you watched MSU this year, they had plenty of games they almost lost. Their win against Michigan was just short of a miracle. But, again, they are one of the teams that found a way to win more often than not.

• Fire 2

You could say "we could have easily finished.........." for any team in any season that had close losses or close wins. It's not exclusive to Nebraska. So what is the point of debating it?

Kill time for the next 247 days.

Really though the coulda wpulda shoulda argument is stupid. It's pretty pointless to debate wins and losses that may have been.

Enlighten me wordsmith.

Okay... So we lose to southern miss and MSU.

And we beat.... BYU, Miami, Illinois, NW, Wisconsin.

Now we are 9-4.

Weird how that works?