Do the results of the MSU and Iowa game make you feel...

Nice troll work OP. How in the f#*k could MSU getting prison raped by the gumps make a Husker fan feel better about our season? How could Iowa getting destroyed make us feel better our season, schadenfreude not withstanding? How could Michigan resurgence under Harbaugh and tOSU continued excellence make a Husker fan feel better about where we are as a program?

You just wanted another chance to piss and moan in your usual backdoor, underhanded manner. Good work.

Wow

So, your answer is "worse", it makes you feel worse. Got it.

Yes. Worse. Forgot to state the obvious. Have there been lots of people feeling better about our season due to the MSU and Iowa bowl results?

Didn't think so...... unless they are simply deluding themselves and desperately trying to put a positive spin on things.

Teach, we all feel worse. The question is, do you feel better? :hmmph

I feel better!! I feel like I saw Nebraska finally play the game I have been waiting to see them play. What MSU and Iowa did really didn't affect me. Well honestly I liked seeing Iowa get exposed.

I think most people felt better seeing Nebraska play well in their bowl game. But that wasn't the question teach asked in the OP. If you feel better about Nebraska after seeing MSU (our signature win of the season) get manhandled by Bama or after seeing how far out of their element Iowa was against Stanford even though they handled Nebraska without much effort.......well, I'm not sure what your definition of "better" could possibly be. Any take away other than we still have a very, very long way to go is simply unrealistic.

Yup. The only reason we've "sucked" at recruiting is because we just aren't trying. It has absolutely nothing to do with the number of athletes that live near Lincoln, Nebraska. Ohio and Alabama are in identical situations to us as far as that's concernderp.

How do you possibly feel that Ohio and Alabama are the same as Nebraska in terms of proximity to talent?

I was being sarcastic.

Nice troll work OP. How in the f#*k could MSU getting prison raped by the gumps make a Husker fan feel better about our season? How could Iowa getting destroyed make us feel better our season, schadenfreude not withstanding? How could Michigan resurgence under Harbaugh and tOSU continued excellence make a Husker fan feel better about where we are as a program?

You just wanted another chance to piss and moan in your usual backdoor, underhanded manner. Good work.

Wow

Yes. Worse. Forgot to state the obvious. Have there been lots of people feeling better about our season due to the MSU and Iowa bowl results?

Didn't think so...... unless they are simply deluding themselves and desperately trying to put a positive spin on things.

I feel better!! I feel like I saw Nebraska finally play the game I have been waiting to see them play. What MSU and Iowa did really didn't affect me. Well honestly I liked seeing Iowa get exposed.
I think most people felt better seeing Nebraska play well in their bowl game. But that wasn't the question teach asked in the OP. If you feel better about Nebraska after seeing MSU (our signature win of the season) get manhandled by Bama or after seeing how far out of their element Iowa was against Stanford even though they handled Nebraska without much effort.......well, I'm not sure what your definition of "better" could possibly be. Any take away other than we still have a very, very long way to go is simply unrealistic.

Yeah and Northwestern beat Stanford so they would obviously destroy Iowa right? Or get beat by 30.

Sorry to be a smart ass, but to me these games are isolated events. Things change game to game, season to season etc.

I don't disgree that we have a lot of work to do but the outcome of these games doesn't mean a whole lot to me as far as the Huskers are concerned.

Wow

Yeah and Northwestern beat Stanford so they would obviously destroy Iowa right? Or get beat by 30.

Sorry to be a smart ass, but to me these games are isolated events. Things change game to game, season to season etc.

I don't disgree that we have a lot of work to do but the outcome of these games doesn't mean a whole lot to me as far as the Huskers are concerned.

I would agree that the transitive property doesn't work too well for these games and that they are somewhat isolated events. But you have already changed your tune from from feeling better to these games not meaning much to you. I can understand them not meaning much or making a person feel worse but I would need it explained how the results of the MSU or Iowa bowl games could possibly make a Nebraska fan feel better about where we are as a program. I can see feeling a sense of satisfaction at Iowa being exposed but I don't see where that has one thing to do with how anyone should feel about the Huskers. The only possible take away is that we are a long ways away from where any of us would like to be. That cannot possibly be "better" in my book.

Wow

See RADAR.

I haven't.

Has he been banned?

He's done. One too many times calling our players stupid.

Wow

See RADAR.

I haven't.

Has he been banned?

RADAR!!!!

For me, I felt better and here is why...I think MSU takes a step back and I think Iowa takes 2-3 steps back, even though Wisconsin won, they lost their DC and I think they take a step back, I think PSU continues to flounder and in the end I think the top 3 teams are OSU, Michigan and NU...

So, even though JJ felt I was trolling, I was not. NU is top 3 in the Big Ten and in my book, odds on favorite to win the west next year. So that is why I asked it JJ, you asked how anyone could feel better? That's how.

• Fire 1

Wow

See RADAR.

I haven't.

Has he been banned?

Thank you Mods.

• Fire 1

Wow

See RADAR.

I haven't.

Has he been banned?

RADAR!!!!

For me, I felt better and here is why...I think MSU takes a step back and I think Iowa takes 2-3 steps back, even though Wisconsin won, they lost their DC and I think they take a step back, I think PSU continues to flounder and in the end I think the top 3 teams are OSU, Michigan and NU...

So, even though JJ felt I was trolling, I was not. NU is top 3 in the Big Ten and in my book, odds on favorite to win the west next year. So that is why I asked it JJ, you asked how anyone could feel better? That's how.

Well that seems to be an honest answer. I had not considered feeling better about Nebraska because of others doing worse.

Wow

See RADAR.

I haven't.

Has he been banned?

RADAR!!!!

Well that seems to be an honest answer. I had not considered feeling better about Nebraska because of others doing worse.

I think it is huge for NU...I don't see the Illini or Purdue getting better...I think NW and Iowa take steps back next year...Like I said with Wisky I think they will really miss their DC.

Wow

See RADAR.

I haven't.

Has he been banned?

RADAR!!!!

I think it's a matter of feeling that at least in our conference with the exception of OSU we really aren't that far behind.

Now I had a discussion on another thread about whether we should be measuring ourselves against teams like Iowa and MSU, but the reality is that's where we are right now. We can't revisit the 90's overnight or really ever. That kind of dominance isn't in the cards in the current CFB landscape. But I think winning the West is a good stepping stone to rebuilding and based on our competition in that area I think we could be OK if the philosophy in the bowl game carries forward.

What's happened to the program, the coaching hires, the AD, none of them are what I would have chosen, but it's what we have.

Right now, if Riley can at least not burn the whole thing down my hope is we get a good young coach down the road who wants to build a power program for the long term.

Tiers of rankings matter. As was mentioned above, top 20/25 is probably necessary for playoff runs, but thats because the sites aren't normally completely wrong. They are just correlated, not the cause of, winning a lot of games.

Tiers of rankings matter. As was mentioned above, top 20/25 is probably necessary for playoff runs, but thats because the sites aren't normally completely wrong. They are just correlated, not the cause of, winning a lot of games.

Right, and the top echelon teams are on their own level. They consistently pull in more of the best athletes and football players than anyone else. This is an incontrovertible fact. This is why they are top echelon programs.

NU is not a top echelon program and hasn't been since before Frank got fired. If we want to get back to being a top echelon team then we MUST do a better job of recruiting across the board.

• Fire 1

Wow

See RADAR.

I haven't.

Has he been banned?

RADAR!!!!

I believe teach thinks we'll take steps forward in addition to others taking steps back. In order for NU to be in the top 3 in the conference we'll have to take a few steps forward even if others take a step or three backwards. If they don't we'll have to take a couple more steps forward, no biggie. biggrin1.gif

It is funny you said that, I feel the same exact way. I think because Callahan was so crazy about recruiting and since he became a villain to most NU fans, a lot of fans jumped on the "stars don't matter" wagon and Bo (the moron that he was) fed into that a lot of times.

It seemed to be this rallying cry by a lot of fans (myself included) that the recruiting part was not that big of a deal..

It is never as simple as one thing such as stars with successful teams. It ALL matters. Stars (talent), good coaching from the head coach on down to all assistance, facilities, culture, mindset etc.o

The losses by MSU and Iowa make no difference to me as far as our team goes unless we use it as a measuring stick. People have short memories, and weather we beat MSU or played Iowa close will have no bearing on anything as we move forward IMO. I doubt a recruit will drill down to that level in his decision matrix when looking at schools. I would have liked for MSU and Iowa to have won though, as I do root for our conference for recruiting reasons.

Wow

See RADAR.

I haven't.

Has he been banned?

RADAR!!!!

Until MSU shows that they've taken a step back, I think you have to put them above NU. Yes, I realize that we've been able to hang with MSU but from a national perspective, MSU dwarfs NU and it's not even really close. The one thing I can't figure out is how the heck MSU keeps putting QBs in the NFL. I remember reading something that said MSU has the most starting QBs in the NFL right now (or QBs that have started a NFL game). And they've got another one with Cook. Crazy!!