Brian Stewart interviews for UTSA Head Coach

Unreal.

I just don't understand it. Why THAT position? Why EVERY year? Why NEBRASKA? My lord. If he does leave I'll be pissed, even though his secondary was sh#t this year.

Also, would completely end ANY hope we have at landing Lamar Jackson

You've been nothing but a breath of fresh air since joining a couple weeks ago. Hey, moral is down in the recruiting forum, you should spread some of that sunshine over there....

Welcome to HuskerBoard!

• Fire 2

While I know that former Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator Brian Stewart interviewed with UTSA's search firm, I'm unsure of his interest level in the job.

A San Diego native, Stewart played cornerback and safety at Northern Arizona. After his graduation he coached secondaries at various colleges before moving to the NFL. He spent two years with the Houston Texans and two years with the San Diego Chargers before joining the Dallas Cowboys' staff as defensive coordinator.
After being fired in Dallas and coaching in Philadelphia for a year, Stewart would return to the college game.
Stewart served two years as the Houston Cougars defensive coordinator before leaving for the same job at Maryland. Stewart is currently working at Nebraska as a defensive backs coach where he is the second-highest paid defensive backs coach in the nation ($400,000).
UTSA's interest in Stewart makes a lot of sense. He has the coordinator experience that UTSA is looking for, local ties thanks to his time coaching in Texas, and would be attainable from a salary perspective.
If I hear of Stewart continuing to pursue the UTSA job I'll follow up but for now my gut is telling me that UTSA is going to end up hiring someone completely off the radar at this time.

Link