Brian Stewart interviews for UTSA Head Coach

Its actually a good thing when your coaches are wanted by other programs. It means that you made a good hire. It's a bad thing when no one on the same level wants your coaches & for them to find a new job they have to go down a level & take a huge paycut.

This strikes me as the same flawed logic as: "the only elite recruits are those who will make it to the NFL."

Obviously there are myriad of circumstances, both personal and professional, that lead to when a coach leaves and where he lands.

More broadly, though, Nebraska should not be in the business of trying to employ the "plug and play" model for assistant coaching hires. A coaching staff's dynamic is extremely important, and some personality, such as Ogeron's, may not have fit in with what Riley was trying to do with his staff. The same applies guys like John Blake and many other "assistant recruiters." This is why I never criticized Bo for hiring assistants with whom he was familiar and had trained and I don't criticize the hiring of or call for the specific firing of Riley's assistants.

Its actually a good thing when your coaches are wanted by other programs. It means that you made a good hire. It's a bad thing when no one on the same level wants your coaches & for them to find a new job they have to go down a level & take a huge paycut.

This strikes me as the same flawed logic as: "the only elite recruits are those who will make it to the NFL."

Not really. The more logical comparison is that everyone wants the elite recruits and the elite coaches, but no one is sure how they will perform at the next level until they do so.

Either way, it's nice to be wanted.

Coaches who don't excel at that next level have many places to fall back, kick around and try again. Players, not so much.

I don't think many people begrudge the hot high school recruits who go on to have solid college careers, but never quite make the transition to the NFL.

This would be the LEAST surprising thing. Remember, the DB vacancy opened only because Charlton Warren decided he wanted to be closer to family (or whatever). That was late in the game, and it may have been even after Signing Day.

Stewart was a B1G DC or co-DC at Maryland. I never thought he was coming here to stay long, but it was cool that Nebraska was able to get him. If this is his only year, I don't think he'll leave having made a super strong impression. I kinda want to see him get a second go here, but at this point I'm half-excited to see who else might come on board.

Would be a big loss. One of the better recruiters on staff. Also like how the DB's improved as the year went on

Not sold on his recruiting, he isn't one of the ones mentioned by the players.
Who do they mention most?
Bray and Williams followed by Riley himself and Langsdorf seems to be good at recruiting QBs.