Country Music

I listen to the radio at work. Once in a while I'll flip over to a C&W station, or a bluegrass station. "Man of Constant Sorrow" came on the other day, from O Brother Where Art Thou. I love this song. :thumbs:

• Fire 2

• 1 year later...

Personally

I'd rather be water boarded than listen to country music.

But I appreciate that different people have different tastes.

Yep! I can't stand C & W music. All white trailer trash/redneck stuff ........ repetitive garbage with no exemptions.

Also, mandatory for cowboy hats wearing CW fans ;) . However, country music is better than rap so called "music".

That's about like saying all rock music is nothing but a bunch of druggies banging on instruments as loud as you can with no actual talent. The lyrics are nothing but screaming into a microphone in an unrecognizable manner that can only be enjoyed by people who have no friggen clue what real music even is.

I like some country music and not others.

It is a very wide range of types of music ranging from old country folk music to stuff that's more southern rock. When you have a range of country artists like George Jones, Dolly Parton, Mel Tillis and Waylon Jennings all the way to Garth Brooks, Kid Rock, Eric Church, Kenny Chesney, Keith Urban and Zac Brown Band....all in the same Genre......your description really doesn't hold water.

Now, you still might not like it....but....

Not a huge fan of country music, but it is unfair to generalize any genre of music unless you can safely say you've listen to music from all corners and crevices of said genre. I would say most people who trash on any genre, probably haven't heard the best work that genre has produced because often the best music is not the popular music.

I like almost all kinds of music. The few exceptions being what I consider "elevator" music (like Kenny G type stuff), some types of R&B/Soul (like whatever the hell it is that Jamie Foxx does), and most jazz.

Other than those, I'm pretty good to go.

I don't understand anybody dissing country music. It's not my favorite genre but really today's country is almost exactly the same as rock-n-roll used to be back in the day. And how can ya not like some of the old classic stuff like Waylon, Willie, Merle, etc.? Sure some of the twangy 70's stuff is pushing it but all in all it's a pretty solid genre.