CB Greg Johnson [USC - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

CB to USC. I will be frustrated if he commits to them. Seems like we are in a very good position at the end only to have a highly ranked player lose interest in January. I don't know if this is the case with Johnson.... This has been a stressful recruiting year. High expectations, early success and now a long drought with a surprise DE de-commitment at the end.

Its hard to bring in top talent when you lose handily to Iowa.

Or cant compete with OSU when Penn State and Michigan beat them (yes i think Michigan was hosed) and Northwestern and Wisconsin pushed them to the end.

I think this is the key. All that summer recruiting momentum left when the team's momentum left. We went back to being an ordinary place in a recruits mind.

• Fire 1

I don't agree with that. There are teams all the time that have a really crappy loss or a couple really crappy years and they can still pull in good players. These players were excited about Nebraska right after we went 6-7. Now, we went 9-3 and you're telling me our record is what made them stop wanting to come here? So.....we lose to Illinois and Purdue and these kids are excited at the thought of coming here. We beat those teams and improve our record but lose to OSU and Iowa and now they aren't? Doesn't make much sense to me.

I don't have an answer as to why our recruiting momentum has fell off. I'm hoping and praying that the month of January makes me feel much better about it.

• Fire 3

I don't agree with that. There are teams all the time that have a really crappy loss or a couple really crappy years and they can still pull in good players. These players were excited about Nebraska right after we went 6-7. Now, we went 9-3 and you're telling me our record is what made them stop wanting to come here? So.....we lose to Illinois and Purdue and these kids are excited at the thought of coming here. We beat those teams and improve our record but lose to OSU and Iowa and now they aren't? Doesn't make much sense to me.

I don't have an answer as to why our recruiting momentum has fell off. I'm hoping and praying that the month of January makes me feel much better about it.

GUYS I HAVE THE ANSWER!

WE ARE BASICALLY ONLY IN ON GUYS THAT ARE NOT DECIDING UNTIL 1/7 OR NSD!!!!

FIGURE IT OUT ALREADY!

• Fire 1

Its hard to bring in top talent when you lose handily to Iowa.

Or cant compete with OSU when Penn State and Michigan beat them (yes i think Michigan was hosed) and Northwestern and Wisconsin pushed them to the end.
I think this is the key. All that summer recruiting momentum left when the team's momentum left. We went back to being an ordinary place in a recruits mind.

Yes...maybe we should be in favor of an early signing period. :)

GUYS I HAVE THE ANSWER!

FIGURE IT OUT ALREADY!

So what is the plan when we don't sign any of the aforementioned kids?

GUYS I HAVE THE ANSWER!

FIGURE IT OUT ALREADY!

So what is the plan when we don't sign any of the aforementioned kids?

The better question is if we don't sign any of them or only a couple. I would think the staff has contingency plans........... Waiting for a large portion of the class to announce right before NSD in dangerous. I think it would be reckless of this staff to just throw the dice and hope they fill the class. I'm sure they have thought this out. I'm not ready to panic yet.