Major League Baseball 2016

Mavric

Not used to the Royals pen looking like that...

Nice win on opening night though! Begin 2016 the same way 2015 ended, beating the Mets.

Just one guy (Soria) struggled on Sunday night. He has been steady in the past, but he's also getting up there in age, so it will be interesting to see if he can hold on to that role.

Well, Schwarber being injured sucks, but that collision could've been a hell of a lot worse. I don't know what his time table to return his yet, but I think the Cubbies are in a good position to mitigate his loss. I can think of several other players that I think would suck to lose more (like Rizzo, for example).

And, if you're going to get injured in a baseball season, best to do it in game 3 of 162 =).

Well, Schwarber being injured sucks, but that collision could've been a hell of a lot worse. I don't know what his time table to return his yet, but I think the Cubbies are in a good position to mitigate his loss. I can think of several other players that I think would suck to lose more (like Rizzo, for example).

And, if you're going to get injured in a baseball season, best to do it in game 3 of 162 =).

My thoughts exactly. Glad it happened this time of year.

His bat in the lineup is what will be the most difficult to replace. If it weren't for that, I'm not sure he would be in left field. So, I think defensively we will have someone to replace him. It will be interesting to see what happens on offense. He hasn't done anything yet this year but last year he was a force at the plate.

If Todays mri shows no major damage it will be lucky and huge. That impact on his planted leg was brutal. Will be interesting to see how much Soler gets time now. Was interesting Bryant wasmoved to left and La Stella was inserted at third versus bringing in Jorge. If Baez was healthy and playing i easily could've seen Zobrist moving to left long term and baez playing second. Honestly not sure if Soler is a cub at the end of the year.