Donald Trump vs. The Pope

My wife works for the Church. I may have an understanding of things that don't make it on to the pages of newspapers.

She works for A church, or THE church, as in like the Vatican?

The Vatican is the Vatican. The Church is what is referred to as the religion.

I guess you can say she works for A Church within THE Church

Vatican City's borders are completely enclosed by a wall:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-pope-vatican-massive-walls

I respect the Pope as the leader of the Catholic Church, but I disagree with much (most?) of what Pope Francis advocates for.

Please expand upon these disagreements with much/most of what Pope Francis advocates for. I've heard him advocate for a lot of good things so I'm curious what you may be taking issue with.

Far too many of you are just politically not very well informed about American politics in general and the current political and social environment. Trump is VERY likely going to be the next President. There is a strong probability that Hillary will be in criminal trouble long before the fall. Bernie can't win (and if by some bizarre quirk of fate he should win the Presidency, America is lost forever). Trump will build that wall and Mexico will pay for it. He means what he says and the majority of this country agree with him, particularly on all the illgeal immigration and the need for the wall.

Get yourselves awake to the reality of Amercan society today. You are reading too many liberal publications, etc.

• Fire 3

Far too many of you are just politically not very well informed about American politics in general and the current political and social environment. Trump is VERY likely going to be the next President. There is a strong probability that Hillary will be in criminal trouble long before the fall. Bernie can't win (and if by some bizarre quirk of fate he should win the Presidency, America is lost forever). Trump will build that wall and Mexico will pay for it. He means what he says and the majority of this country agree with him, particularly on all the illgeal immigration and the need for the wall.

Get yourselves awake to the reality of Amercan society today. You are reading too many liberal publications, etc.

Link on the bolded part?

Let's say Hillary is in prison and it's down to Bernie and Trump.

I think you are smoking some Repub reefer if you think it's a done deal that he wins that battle.

Trump has his troops that will die for him no matter what. The problem for him is, either you love the guy or you hate the guy.

23% of the country is registered Republican. He isn't even getting 50% of THAT vote. So, let's say Iowa and New Hampshire are the average at 23% are Republicans (I would be shocked if NH is.) He won NH with 35% and he got 24% in Iowa. Let's say he gets 35% of the rest of the Republican primaries. He is getting roughly speaking 35% of 23% of the country. That's 8% of the country.

Now, I know if he is in a general election, he is going to get more than just 8%. But, that is NOWHERE CLOSE to over 50% to be a clear winner against Bernie.

I have almost always voted conservative or close to it. I absolutely will not be voting for Trump and I have talked to a lot of people who feel the same way.

Your faith in Trump winning the general election is misplaced.

• Fire 2

Congratulations! You kept a post under 14 paragraphs long. Good job.

I lol'd

• Fire 2

For the most part I think The Don is an egotistical buffoon and lacks the diplomacy skills necessary to be an effective political leader. But I do agree with this part of his quote:

For a religious leader to question a person’s faith is disgraceful. I am proud to be a Christian and as President I will not allow Christianity to be consistently attacked and weakened, unlike what is happening now, with our current President. No leader, especially a religious leader, should have the right to question another man’s religion or faith. They are using the Pope as a pawn and they should be ashamed of themselves for doing so, especially when so many lives are involved and when illegal immigration is so rampant.

• Fire 1