30 For 30 to feature the 1994-1995 Huskers

knapplc

This will be interesting...as we know a few weeks ago I had a thread about "cheating and unethical" behavior...this 30 for 30 might/could show some of that...I wonder how some of the fans will respond to that.

I remember that topic ;-)

I don't really think "cheating and unethical" applies to the problems of the mid 90's teams. Those teams just happened to have some characters and others with some legal troubles. I wouldn't catagorize any of it as cheating and you would have to really twist some of the situations to even say any of it was unethical. I know there is a certain group who believe TO's actions were unethical but I'll never see it that way. I think he just got burned a few times while trying to do the right thing for some questionable players.

It doesn't take any twisting and turning to say some of the off the field antics were unethical.look no further than LP and Chrstian Peter. We all know LPs story and CP was convicted of groping a woman, settled a civil lawsuit for rape, and allegedly raped another. If those happened in 2016, we all know things would have ended up differently for CP. Yet, he was still invited back on campus to be celebrated this past year. As a father of a daughter, that altered my opinion of the football program

As for cheating I think you are probably right. The elephant in the room is roids, and some players from that era are on record saying they were used. I hope that angle does not make it in, I don't think it will.

In the early to mid 90's steroids were used all over college football, not just at Nebraska.

Knowing ESPN, I wouldn't get my hopes up for a fantastic story on our beloved 94/95 Huskers. Don't be surprised if they put LP at the forefront of things - his troubles at NU, the controversial suspension and reinstatement, all the way to his death. ESPN will do anything to place Nebraska in a bad light. They have a history of doing this so I don't think it'll change.

ESPN has a history of making excellent sports documentaries, and have historically put Nebraska in a positive light, probably moreso than the other college teams they cover.

But if you keep saying this enough, I guess you start to believe it. No idea why you'd want to.

• Fire 2

Knowing ESPN, I wouldn't get my hopes up for a fantastic story on our beloved 94/95 Huskers. Don't be surprised if they put LP at the forefront of things - his troubles at NU, the controversial suspension and reinstatement, all the way to his death. ESPN will do anything to place Nebraska in a bad light. They have a history of doing this so I don't think it'll change.

ESPN has a history of making excellent sports documentaries, and have historically put Nebraska in a positive light, probably moreso than the other college teams they cover.

But if you keep saying this enough, I guess you start to believe it. No idea why you'd want to.

I feel the same way, Guy. Never understood that.

ESPN ...have historically put Nebraska in a positive light, probably moreso than the other college teams they cover.

I'm sure this is subjective. Not sure how one would go about proving or disproving this.

I'll say this - Nebraska Fan's belief that ESPN hates their team isn't unique. Nearly every other fan base I've spoken with feels that "ESPN hates us."

• Fire 1

Phillips will be a big part of it, no question. And that's okay.... we know he will. His recent death might even give the whole thing a little more sympathetic or somber tone and less an accusatory one.

I just hope that Berringer gets his due in this. Two hugely contrasting players and men, two equally huge contributors to those championships, two tragic endings, albeit in hugely differing circumstances of course..

• Fire 3

ESPN ...have historically put Nebraska in a positive light, probably moreso than the other college teams they cover.

I'm sure this is subjective. Not sure how one would go about proving or disproving this.

I'll say this - Nebraska Fan's belief that ESPN hates their team isn't unique. Nearly every other fan base I've spoken with feels that "ESPN hates us."

When bad things happen to a team, both on and off the field, ESPN reports them.

So there's that.

And every week they have guys who make predictions, ensuring that someone on ESPN thinks your team will lose.

So there's that.

Nebraska is well remembered for our past glories, landing two of the top three all time college football teams as voted by ESPN's college football panel. More recently, Nebraska had the College Football Play of the Year (Westerkamp's behind the back catch) at the 2014 ESPY's and the Best Moment in the Entire Sporting World at the 2013 ESPY'S (Jack Hoffman's spring run). Lee Corso and Chris Fowler were allowed to appear in Nebraska's legacy video, declaring Nebraska fans the best and most knowledgable in College football, and Lincoln the best gameday experience. ESPN started a Suh for Heisman bandwagon over the sainted Tim Tebow in 2009, but some folks may have forgotten that, too.

• Fire 4

When bad things happen to a team, both on and off the field, ESPN reports them.

So there's that.

And every week they have guys who make predictions, ensuring that someone on ESPN thinks your team will lose.

So there's that.

Nebraska is well remembered for our past glories, landing two of the top three all time college football teams as voted by ESPN's college football panel. More recently, Nebraska had the College Football Play of the Year (Westerkamp's behind the back catch) at the 2014 ESPY's and the Best Moment in the Entire Sporting World at the 2013 ESPY'S (Jack Hoffman's spring run). Lee Corso and Chris Fowler were allowed to appear in Nebraska's legacy video, declaring Nebraska fans the best and most knowledgable in College football, and Lincoln the best gameday experience. ESPN started a Suh for Heisman bandwagon over the sainted Tim Tebow in 2009, but some folks may have forgotten that, too.

But Gameday never comes to Lincoln anymore to watch a matchup of 5-3 BiG Powerhouses!!! Bias!! They hate us!!

Those are great examples. ESPN has also shown Nebraska in a negative light. ESPN's talking heads predicting a Florida victory and disparaging 1995 Nebraska's accomplishments in the process. Kirk Herbstreit complaining vociferously that 1971 & 1995 Nebraska were being voted as the top teams of all time comes to mind. There are other examples, but I don't care to dredge them up because "ESPN hates us" isn't my bag, and I'm not pushing that agenda.

You can find examples of both positive and negative reporting/opinions of Nebraska on ESPN. Just like any other team whose fans think "ESPN hates us."

• Fire 1