DE Robert Porcher IV [Virginia Tech - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

His potential has mostly to do with his body. You can tell that he has some baby fat on him and that he has so much potential in muscle development. Trade some fat for muscle and his twitch will get faster and so will his foot speed. The guy has a tremendous ceiling.

Good point. Anyone have an update on how tall he really is? Seeing mostly 6'2 with some 6'3. Don't know why but for a DE 6'2 vs 6'3 seems to be that measurable of concerned vs legit.

Offers from

USC

Michigan

Va Tech

Miss St

Mizzou

Louisville

Arizona

Arizona St

And a dozen other power 5 lower level schools....

Our lowest ranked recruit

Offer lists are sort of meaningless because a recruit, and not the coach, provides the list, or it's made up. I have buddies who coach at the D1 level who just laugh at a lot of this stuff because rivals will report an offer to a kid who they haven't even heard of.

anyway, I'm happy any time a kid commits to sacrifice for the Husker program. I hope he has a long, healthy and productive career here.

I'm going to call BS on that. I can understand a newer coach that hasn't been apart of recruiting having those issues but having a coach that sends multiple players to D1 a year has a pretty good grasp on what recruiting is about. He knows what the difference of a "non-committable" and a "committable" offer.

• Fire 1

Offers from

USC

Michigan

Va Tech

Miss St

Mizzou

Louisville

Arizona

Arizona St

Offer lists are sort of meaningless because a recruit, and not the coach, provides the list, or it's made up. I have buddies who coach at the D1 level who just laugh at a lot of this stuff because rivals will report an offer to a kid who they haven't even heard of.

anyway, I'm happy any time a kid commits to sacrifice for the Husker program. I hope he has a long, healthy and productive career here.

So we were the only ones who offered? I would imagine he held offers from those schools considering we offered him as well

Offers from

USC

Michigan

Va Tech

Miss St

Mizzou

Louisville

Arizona

Arizona St

So we were the only ones who offered? I would imagine he held offers from those schools considering we offered him as well

I'm sure he has other offers.

But I have a hard time believing he has the list of offers attributed to him based on what I saw.

It's immaterial though. He chose the Huskers and now he has a chance to add to an amazing legacy at that black shirt position.

I'm going to call BS on that. I can understand a newer coach that hasn't been apart of recruiting having those issues but having a coach that sends multiple players to D1 a year has a pretty good grasp on what recruiting is about. He knows what the difference of a "non-committable" and a "committable" offer.

And honestly - what university, or for that matter, ex pro football playing dad doesn't make a correction to something that flagrant that's published. Nothing good comes of the mis information. I'm going to trust the folks that know told the truth.

And honestly - what university, or for that matter, ex pro football playing dad doesn't make a correction to something that flagrant that's published. Nothing good comes of the mis information. I'm going to trust the folks that know told the truth.

A university isn't allowed to comment on recruiting. And no staff or other professional would waste the time it would take to run around correcting this stuff for a whole host of reasons.

A university isn't allowed to comment on recruiting. And no staff or other professional would waste the time it would take to run around correcting this stuff for a whole host of reasons.

Perhaps, but I'd still trust recruiting news sources and his coaches that have to think broader and more long term than just one recruit just this one year rather than your conspiracy theory. A lie like that, to that extreme only gets a kid in trouble (as well as his coaches helping in the process) and certainly any school recruiting him would steer clear if there was any validity.