DE Robert Porcher IV [Virginia Tech - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am sure another prospect will emerge. This staff is well prepared and I know they are not overly surprised by this. If you're a realist, Porcher was a heavy lean towards a RS year anyway. Obviously you still want to have depth and numbers but if Nebraska can get a physically ready kid to replace him, we will be fine.

• Fire 1

Yeah, doing it first day of dead period just says how highly he thought of us and the respect he had for us....

Meaning he doesn't.

And surely it's been on his mind for some time. He didn't just wake up this morning and think to himself holy moly Nebraska is far from home!

Agreed, I do my best to not bash a HS kid for decommitting when it's his future, but when it's this blatant.

• Fire 1

This is a very confusing statement. He just now realizes Florida is nowhere close to Nebraska? He wasn't offered by any of the Big 3 in Florida. So unless he attends USF or UCF, his family is going to have to travel quite a ways no matter where he plays. Choosing Michigan wouldn't make any sense unless the distance excuse was just a cover for something else.

This is a very confusing statement. He just now realizes Florida is nowhere close to Nebraska? He wasn't offered by any of the Big 3 in Florida. So unless he attends USF or UCF, his family is going to have to travel quite a ways no matter where he plays. Choosing Michigan wouldn't make any sense unless the distance excuse was just a cover for something else.

Yeah, there is something else going on here. Not sure what or on which side, but "far from home" doesn't explain it.

Yeah, doing it first day of dead period just says how highly he thought of us and the respect he had for us....

Meaning he doesn't.

And surely it's been on his mind for some time. He didn't just wake up this morning and think to himself holy moly Nebraska is far from home!

Agreed, I do my best to not bash a HS kid for decommitting when it's his future, but when it's this blatant.

It really doesn't matter - they're 18 year old kids. I'd rather have him figure it out now than pull a Derrion Grim.

• Fire 2

There doesn't need to be anything going on, really. You go through a recruiting process and another year of high school and your priorities and future plans, all of that is constantly changing. Decommits will always happen as a result, and so will players who get here and then decide to transfer.

• Fire 2