DE Robert Porcher IV [Virginia Tech - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's not a conspiracy theory.

Let's take it out of the Husker context: we know for a fact that offer lists are often inaccurate. There are a million reasons people don't feel a need or desire to "correct" them.

Let me tell you a real scenario: kid gets correspondence from U of X. He communicates to recruiting "reporters" that he has an offer letter (maybe just to visit unofficially or in a camp). Maybe he even explains he's received some calls during the evaluation process. Through the telephone game, that becomes a reported offer.

At which point there's no value to anyone in correcting that.

Note, nothing nefarious motivates that errant reporting, except maybe by some recruitniks who want to goose the click throughs.

Let's take it out of the Husker context: we know for a fact that offer lists are often inaccurate. There are a million reasons people don't feel a need or desire to "correct" them.

Let me tell you a real scenario: kid gets correspondence from U of X. He communicates to recruiting "reporters" that he has an offer letter (maybe just to visit unofficially or in a camp). Maybe he even explains he's received some calls during the evaluation process. Through the telephone game, that becomes a reported offer.

Note, nothing nefarious motivates that errant reporting, except maybe by some recruitniks who want to goose the click throughs.

Why does your "real scenario" seem hypothetical?

• Fire 4

Why are you trying to put down a Nebraska recruit, and calling him a liar?????

• Fire 1

Why are you trying to put down a Nebraska recruit, and calling him a liar?????

That's a complete misrepresentation of what I said. To the point that I could accuse you of trolling.

Bam!! Good pickup. No doubt he grew up around big time football at the highest level and knows what it takes to play ball. He probly was hand selected to play on the best teams since he was 6 yrs old.

Despite what cm says, even if only half his offers are "commitable", programs saw a kid who can benefit their program. He chose us and that makes 2 players from pro fathers who were immersed in big time football and know a thing or two about about joining a whole program not just picking from an offer list.

Even if it takes 2-3 yrs, this is the kind of player we need who has a deep understanding of belonging to a place that benefits himself as well as us. Welcome, and please please please, Throw tha Bones!!!

• Fire 3

This kid was one of Parrella's first offers and we saw payne in person at camp and did not offer him yet. Michigan offered payne after camping yet we liked Porcher enough that we held back offering payne. I think our staff is happy with his commitment even though 1 person on this board is not

This kid was one of Parrella's first offers and we saw payne in person at camp and did not offer him yet. Michigan offered payne after camping yet we liked Porcher enough that we held back offering payne. I think our staff is happy with his commitment even though 1 person on this board is not

Who is not?

• 1 month later...