DE Robert Porcher IV [Virginia Tech - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He's N

I completely understand that stars are meaningless but how is a guy with offers from 30+ schools including Michigan and USC still a 2 star? Star bump in his future I would guess...

Anyway welcome aboard!

To be fair he didn't test very well at all at The Opening this spring neither.

He's N

I completely understand that stars are meaningless but how is a guy with offers from 30+ schools including Michigan and USC still a 2 star? Star bump in his future I would guess...

Anyway welcome aboard!

So, kind of form over substance? To a coaching eye, in actual games, he's legit. But to a scouting service that relies more on measurable, not so much. That kind of thing?

He's N

Anyway welcome aboard!

So, kind of form over substance? To a coaching eye, in actual games, he's legit. But to a scouting service that relies more on measurable, not so much. That kind of thing?

He didn't impress in regards to speed/quickness at camp. He was very productive in regards to on the field and has a body to be a very good strongside DE.

He's N

Anyway welcome aboard!

He didn't impress in regards to speed/quickness at camp. He was very productive in regards to on the field and has a body to be a very good strongside DE.

Good way to put it. Not that it matters, but the services are attempting to predict future potential...current production is only part of that. Of course the colleges offering are doing the same, but without knowing the details of the offers (committable or not) it's hard to judge true interest sometimes.

His potential has mostly to do with his body. You can tell that he has some baby fat on him and that he has so much potential in muscle development. Trade some fat for muscle and his twitch will get faster and so will his foot speed. The guy has a tremendous ceiling.

I'll take production over measurables any day.

(Yes, I'm aware production doesn't necessarily translate from one level to the next.)

Yep, and measurables don't necessarily translate either. I'm with you, I'll trust the judgement of an impressive list of coaches (schools).