199 People, Places & Things Donald Trump has insulted on Twitter

Well I'm Christian and I don't support Trump. There goes that poor attempt to link the two.

Would you vote for him if he got the nomination? I think that's the issue here. He clearly is getting a lot of the Christian vote in the primaries. Or at least the "Christian" vote.

No. I will not vote for Trump in any circumstance. Same thing goes for Cruz and Hillary and Sanders.

I think something to keep in mind here is that we are talking about strictly republican primaries with an extremely poor field. To some extent, primary voters have to pick one of the morons.

They could pick no one. But the Republican primaries are having record turnouts. I have no idea what the Christian % of the primary voters is though. I'm also Christian, for the record, and don't understand why so many fellow Christians are staunchly in support of the Republican party except the ones who list abortion as their most important or only cause.

Moreover, I think it's rather disgusting the way Falwell and Robertson are going out of their way to be buddy-buddy with Trump when he wants to do an interview with them.

I'm going to stop short of questioning the man's faith (taking Jeb!'s lead :lol:), but I wish a significant figure in the faith community would stand up and call him on his deplorable, un-Christian sentiments.

Like the Pope? ;)

I don't know what the solution is, and I really don't think it matters. I think people have made up their minds about him, and the more they are questioned, the more staunch their support becomes. It's frustrating.

They could pick no one. But the Republican primaries are having record turnouts. I have no idea what the Christian % of the primary voters is though. I'm also Christian, for the record, and don't understand why so many fellow Christians are staunchly in support of the Republican party except the ones who list abortion as their most important or only cause.

If you understood that what you believe is actually false, then your confusion would be solved. Christians by and large definitely do not staunchly support the Republican party. Rather they somewhat staunchly anti-support Dems since Dems do more damage to them than Reps do. Christians with some wisdom, so, some but not all, staunchly support almost no one since they understand that all people are sinners, power corrupts, etc. Staunch support typically indicates "faith in man" which is a very bad idea. You should find some smarter Christians to hang out with.

I'm just curious what "damage" you are referring to.

If you understood that what you believe is actually false, then your confusion would be solved. Christians by and large definitely do not staunchly support the Republican party. Rather they somewhat staunchly anti-support Dems since Dems do more damage to them than Reps do. Christians with some wisdom, so, some but not all, staunchly support almost no one since they understand that all people are sinners, power corrupts, etc. Staunch support typically indicates "faith in man" which is a very bad idea. You should find some smarter Christians to hang out with.

I said I "don't understand why so many fellow Christians are staunchly in support of the Republican party." Without data I find it unlikely that what I said was false. If 10% of voting Republican Christians were staunchly in support of the Republican party I'd think that is too many.

I said I "don't understand why so many fellow Christians are staunchly in support of the Republican party." Without data I find it unlikely that what I said was false. If 10% of voting Republican Christians were staunchly in support of the Republican party I'd think that is too many.

To be fair, it should cause wonderment when any Christian is in support of either party. Both parties have numerous things that are at odds with the teachings of Christianity. They both seem to pick and choose which portions of the message they will support.

• Fire 3

To be fair, it should cause wonderment when any Christian is in support of either party. Both parties have numerous things that are at odds with the teachings of Christianity. They both seem to pick and choose which portions of the message they will support.

Agreed, which is why I said staunchly.

It does seem that way. Although I'm a Christian and I've voted democrat as often as I've voted republican. I believe that both parties are equally corrupt and incompetent. <_<

• Fire 1

Why do some of you appear to have such disdain towards people of strong faith? I read sh#t like this all the time on here anymore. For the love of christ, f#*k off.

AGREED!!!

It's funny because they scream "bigot" at Christianity. Yet they ALL do the same thing, whether they realize it or not.

They can tell us they aren't as much as they want, and ultimately convince themselves they aren't doing what they actually are.

Fact of the matter is. EVERYONE is a bigot in some way or the other. Get over it. It's life.

I'll admit I'm pretty bigoted towards certain people. I mean a lot of us are bigot's toward the SEC.

Maybe if we didn't have opinions altogether we'd have much more fulfilling lives. Gawd.

Why do some of you appear to have such disdain towards people of strong faith? I read sh#t like this all the time on here anymore. For the love of christ, f#*k off.

AGREED!!!

It's funny because they scream "bigot" at Christianity. Yet they ALL do the same thing, whether they realize it or not.

They can tell us they aren't as much as they want, and ultimately convince themselves they aren't doing what they actually are.

Fact of the matter is. EVERYONE is a bigot in some way or the other. Get over it. It's life.

I'll admit I'm pretty bigoted towards certain people. I mean a lot of us are bigot's toward the SEC.

Maybe if we didn't have opinions altogether we'd have much more fulfilling lives. Gawd.

What, precisely, are you two talking about? How are Christians being attacked this time?

• Fire 1

OK....once again I'm choking with the feeling I'm actually going to look like I"m defending this idiot.

However, some of these are a joke to be on this list. Most of them would come out of almost any politician in a campaign.

Highly over rated

lightweight

has no chance

Can't win

Weak

Our country needs more energy and spirit than you can provide.

too soft

Low energy

Spent a ton of money on a Superbowl ad

Really????? I think I could make a similar list for just about anyone on the campaign trail this year.

The guy is offensive and says some stupid things. But, this list is a very poor attempt at pointing that out.

AGREED!!!

What, precisely, are you two talking about? How are Christians being attacked this time?

Nope not Christians. It's just funny because it's always a pot meet kettle thing.

I go about my business and keep to myself, generally, unless some wacko freaks out my wife/family.

I'm christian, people can hate (or not) all they want. The thing that irks me is that the people calling Christians bigots (which they are) don't look in the mirror.

OK....once again I'm choking with the feeling I'm actually going to look like I"m defending this idiot.

However, some of these are a joke to be on this list. Most of them would come out of almost any politician in a campaign.

Highly over rated

lightweight

has no chance

Can't win

Weak

too soft

Low energy

Really????? I think I could make a similar list for just about anyone on the campaign trail this year.

The guy is offensive and says some stupid things. But, this list is a very poor attempt at pointing that out.

Say Obama said any one of these things. It would be the lead story of every Conservative outlet, coverage filled with rage and anger.

But Trump says them and it's OK? That's the dichotomy.

AGREED!!!

Nope not Christians. It's just funny because it's always a pot meet kettle thing.

I go about my business and keep to myself, generally, unless some wacko freaks out my wife/family.

I'm christian, people can hate (or not) all they want. The thing that irks me is that the people calling Christians bigots (which they are) don't look in the mirror.

I'm not following you. Is this in the wrong thread, maybe? Where are Christians being called bigots?

AGREED!!!

I'm not following you. Is this in the wrong thread, maybe? Where are Christians being called bigots?

I was trying to figure this out even before Coach replied and then I figured it was just a joke by Count 'cause he said "for the love of christ, f#*k off."

Well I'm Christian and I don't support Trump. There goes that poor attempt to link the two.

Would you vote for him if he got the nomination? I think that's the issue here. He clearly is getting a lot of the Christian vote in the primaries. Or at least the "Christian" vote.

No. I will not vote for Trump in any circumstance. Same thing goes for Cruz and Hillary and Sanders.

I think something to keep in mind here is that we are talking about strictly republican primaries with an extremely poor field. To some extent, primary voters have to pick one of the morons.

Moreover, I think it's rather disgusting the way Falwell and Robertson are going out of their way to be buddy-buddy with Trump when he wants to do an interview with them.

I'm going to stop short of questioning the man's faith (taking Jeb!'s lead :lol:), but I wish a significant figure in the faith community would stand up and call him on his deplorable, un-Christian sentiments.

Like the Pope? ;)

I don't know what the solution is, and I really don't think it matters. I think people have made up their minds about him, and the more they are questioned, the more staunch their support becomes. It's frustrating.

Whoa. That's a pretty bad oversight on my part. I hear that guy carries some weight.

Anywho, the Pope had to be baited into the subject by a reporter. I'm glad that he came out and said something, because I think he made a salient point. It appears no one is going to just come out and flat out say "Trump is acting like a dick, that's not Christian." Trump is playing with a bit of an advantage because people don't usually like to call someone on hypocrisy if it involves faith.

I have no such reservations, however, because I think he's on multiple occasions espoused views that are contrary to my core view of what it means to be a Christian.

• Fire 1

Highly over rated

lightweight

has no chance

Can't win

Weak

too soft

Low energy

Say Obama said any one of these things. It would be the lead story of every Conservative outlet, coverage filled with rage and anger.

But Trump says them and it's OK? That's the dichotomy.

I didn't say I view it any different if Trump says it or Obama. I said almost all candidates say very similar things.

Now, there are some things in the list that are above and beyond the normal accepted campaign crap. But, there are a lot in the list that isn't out of the ordinary.

And....are you saying that liberal media hasn't made a big deal out of the crap he has said?