DT Tyler Shelvin [LSU - Signed LOI]

For it to happen, JP has to blow him away, whatever we show him on his visit has to be incredible and the weather needs to cooperate to an extent so it doesn't bother him.

I disagree. Grandma is really pulling towards LSU and moving anywhere else. We may need to impress her the most.

Is anyone else starting to worry about JPs recruiting ability yet? Yes he's been able to bring in some big fish. Had one de-commit already and sounds like another might be on the way

He's been here less than a year and he wasn't at a big enough program before to have established relationships with our quality of players. Pass this year, no excuses here on out.

Is anyone else starting to worry about JPs recruiting ability yet? Yes he's been able to bring in some big fish. Had one de-commit already and sounds like another might be on the way

He's been here less than a year and he wasn't at a big enough program before to have established relationships with our quality of players. Pass this year, no excuses here on out.
Agree Warrior 100%. You get a year to dip your toe in, but then you have to get it done after that. He needs to get some quality guys in this year, but if hes smart he should be working 2018 guys hard. Plenty of time to build a relationship with them.

Agree Warrior 100%. You get a year to dip your toe in, but then you have to get it done after that. He needs to get some quality guys in this year, but if hes smart he should be working 2018 guys hard. Plenty of time to build a relationship with them.
Yup, someone like Donte Williams will have more success year 1 because he's been building relationships at a big D1 program. Parella is in on a few good DE's for 2018 alredy.

Not to mention the two 4star DT's Calvin Avery and Trevor Trout he has us at/near the top for.

A little...recruiting is sales...period. I have found that most salesmen either have "it" or they don't.

I agree with this. Riley has been around long enough to establish these relationships everyone is talking about, but he isn't known as a great recruiter. In the end each kid is different and you don't get much time to establish a relationship with each one. It seems like the best recruiters are the young coaches who can relate to a player, not the experienced ones who have built up relationships. He will get better over time but I wouldn't expect any drastic improvements. In no way am I saying he should be replaced either.