2016 RPI

4 errors today :facepalm: But a sweep chuckleshuffle Get Howell back in the fold and leave certain bullpen guys out of the weekend picture altogether.

Unfortunately you cant just leave certain bullpen guys out of weekends all together or you will quickly get a lot of tired arms. The bullpen guys have to get better, period. Lets hope they can get something figured out.

They would have to use Miller and/or Meyers a little more. Haven't seen either one pitch in a while. Doubt either one would be much worse than what we've seen from 1 or 2 of the regulars.

OK...I'm not an aficionado in college baseball. Can someone please explain briefly what you want to see in the RPI?

I understand it's a calculation or ranking based on who you have played and beat. And, the lower the number the better (or higher the ranking).

But, what is considered a really good RPI? What RPI do we need at the end of the year to get into the right position in post season play?

OK...I'm not an aficionado in college baseball. Can someone please explain briefly what you want to see in the RPI?

I understand it's a calculation or ranking based on who you have played and beat. And, the lower the number the better (or higher the ranking).

But, what is considered a really good RPI? What RPI do we need at the end of the year to get into the right position in post season play?

I'm not an expert but I would think that an RPI in the top 50 is considered pretty good. When it comes time to the NCAA baseball tournament, there are 64 spots for teams. Just like the basketball tournament, there are automatic bids for teams that win their conference (usually the end of year tournament), and at-large bids for the rest of the teams. The RPI is just one indicator for the NCAA to choose the at-large teams.

I'm not an expert but I would think that an RPI in the top 50 is considered pretty good. When it comes time to the NCAA baseball tournament, there are 64 spots for teams. Just like the basketball tournament, there are automatic bids for teams that win their conference (usually the end of year tournament), and at-large bids for the rest of the teams. The RPI is just one indicator for the NCAA to choose the at-large teams.

Several years back we were around 42 or 44 and that was board line to get into the tournament. I don't recall if we just made it in or just missed.

So, if we are some how able to keep it above lower than 40, we should in decent shape.

Yes. The B1G has gotten stronger in recent years, and that helps Nebraska and other B1G programs trying to get at-large berths. However, NU must sweep the dregs of the B1G (Purdue, Northwestern) if they want to not harm their RPI. NU also plays Creighton and Omaha in midweek games and it helps when those teams are having solid years (which they are this year).

So, if we are some how able to keep it above lower than 40, we should in decent shape.

Wait-What-Meme-02.jpg

I agree that his use "lower than 40" is confusing. NU should look for an RPI in the 1-40 range, which I would think of having a ranking "higher than 40".

I understood what he meant. I was just being an ass. :B)

Wait-What-Meme-02.jpg

I agree that his use "lower than 40" is confusing. NU should look for an RPI in the 1-40 range, which I would think of having a ranking "higher than 40".

Yes...that's what I meant.

A "lower" number (RPI) than 40.

Or..

A "higher" RPI ranking than 40.