SIGNED - FB Ben Miles

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Les Miles will not be coaching Purdue. He will probably end up at a place like USC,Notre Dame, or Texas. Why would he want to coach Purdue? They are not even close to competing for national championships. They don't even have the talent of these other schools.

Because he just got fired for having a good, not great record.

You can't have a good, not great record at USC, Notre Dame or Texas and last very long.

Maybe he wants to lay low, establish connections in the B1G footprint, and then see what happens?

Les Miles will not be coaching Purdue. He will probably end up at a place like USC,Notre Dame, or Texas. Why would he want to coach Purdue? They are not even close to competing for national championships. They don't even have the talent of these other schools.

No he won't. If he couldn't get it done, with the recruiting talent in his own backyard, no other team is going to hire him. Never mind the fact he's a 60+ year old coach.

You can't have a good, not great record at USC, Notre Dame or Texas and last very long.

Maybe he wants to lay low, establish connections in the B1G footprint, and then see what happens?

If Mark Richt and Mike Riley can end up at Miami and Nebraska, I'm sure Les Miles will get a better job offer than Purdue

If Mark Richt and Mike Riley can end up at Miami and Nebraska, I'm sure Les Miles will get a better job offer than Purdue

I don't think I made my point clear.

I think he can absolutely get a better job than Purdue, but, since he was fired for having a good, not great record at a high-stakes job, maybe he wants to dial it down for a while and get back to basics. Have an easier, less pressure job now that he's older and be in the same division as his son for the next 4-5 years.

Idk.

Makes a little sense, no?

I think he can absolutely get a better job than Purdue, but, since he was fired for having a good, not great record at a high-stakes job, maybe he wants to dial it down for a while and get back to basics. Have an easier, less pressure job now that he's older and be in the same division as his son for the next 4-5 years.

Idk.

If I were the AD, I wouldn't want a coach who is seeking something to "dial it down." Unless your definition of dialing it down isn't the same vision I'm picturing when I hear that phrase.

Idk.

If I were the AD, I wouldn't want a coach who is seeking something to "dial it down." Unless your definition of dialing it down isn't the same vision I'm picturing when I hear that phrase.

Dial down the pressure.

AKA, Les Miles will still be Les Miles, just without the LSU boosters breathing down his neck.

Idk.

Les Miles won 77% of his games @ LSU, I'd say that's great (just my personal opinion there).

It's an interesting theory but I'm not sure it holds a ton of water for a few reasons.

First, are we sure Purdue can even afford a guy like Miles? Hazell was 'only' making $2mm/year and that was a 100%+ increase over the last guy. I think Miles is going to make at least $3mm in his next job and I just can't see Purdue getting there.

Second, Miles is 62, I think his next job is frankly his last one so I think he's going to be pretty selective, even if that means sitting out a year.

I think he ends up in the South/Big 12 country personally. However, if Notre Dame were to fire Brian Kelly...Miles would certainly be on the short list there (Miles is from Ohio).

I totally get your premise about wanting to take over a perennial doormat and spinning them up but reclamation projects are a young mans game and frankly, I don't know if Miles has enough juice in the tank for something like that.

Idk.

Les Miles won 77% of his games @ LSU, I'd say that's great (just my personal opinion there).

It's an interesting theory but I'm not sure it holds a ton of water for a few reasons.

First, are we sure Purdue can even afford a guy like Miles? Hazell was 'only' making $2mm/year and that was a 100%+ increase over the last guy. I think Miles is going to make at least $3mm in his next job and I just can't see Purdue getting there.

Second, Miles is 62, I think his next job is frankly his last one so I think he's going to be pretty selective, even if that means sitting out a year.

I think he ends up in the South/Big 12 country personally. However, if Notre Dame were to fire Brian Kelly...Miles would certainly be on the short list there (Miles is from Ohio).

I totally get your premise about wanting to take over a perennial doormat and spinning them up but reclamation projects are a young mans game and frankly, I don't know if Miles has enough juice in the tank for something like that.

77% is great, but the fact remains that he was fired for not winning more games. He handled it with class, but you have to imagine he was frustrated by it, at least a little bit.

Purdue has B1G money. They are currently beginning work on new facilities. I don't think money is an issue, but I don't claim to know much about what they're trying to spend.

I think the fact that he's 62 is exactly why he's going to go with the less pressure route. You're thinking the opposite. Nothing to debate there.

I'll just throw in one more thing. Les has never been one to take the conventional route. He always seems to have something up his sleeve that we don't see coming.

It's probably just wishful thinking more than anything though.