Thurston Not Returning to Team - Transferring to Colorado State

Meh, I wish him the best of luck. As far as what this means to the team, Thurston's departure probly won't have a huge impact. He might--might--have been the starter this year. But I don't think he's head and shoulders better than a couple other guys on the roster. And Thurston's departure will free up room for us to recruit another O-lineman. So there's that. :dunno:

Who the hell leaves Nebraska for Colorado State. This is embarrassing. When I first read the thread title I thought it said Colorado. But losing a player to CSU?

He's graduated, he's ready to move on to something else, plus he's from Colorado. I don't get the anger that fans have towards kids when they decide to transfer or leave the program.
  • Fire 1

Who the hell leaves Nebraska for Colorado State. This is embarrassing. When I first read the thread title I thought it said Colorado. But losing a player to CSU?

He's graduated, he's ready to move on to something else, plus he's from Colorado. I don't get the anger that fans have towards kids when they decide to transfer or leave the program.
lack of a sense of empathy I guess

Or some people are complete nut bars.
  • Fire 3

Or some people are complete nut bars.
ha, I'm guessing a high mixture of both

Once a Husker always a Husker!

Unless that Husker...

Transfers

Quits

Gets Hurt

Is bad at interviews

Played under a coach that was not TO or Riley

Graduates but plays at another school

Stops playing to start his career

Tweets anything

Leaves early for the draft

Coach Cav has said over and over that he only plays his starters so if you are a graduate and have a chance to leave I can see why Thurston would do t that since I guess he felt he would not start.

• Fire 4

Unless that Husker...

Transfers

Quits

Gets Hurt

Is bad at interviews

Tweets anything

Coach Cav has said over and over that he only plays his starters so if you are a graduate and have a chance to leave I can see why Thurston would do t that since I guess he felt he would not start.

This guy gets it.

Look, players should ALWAYS make the best decision for them. If that's playing somewhere else, then so be it. I don't care if they could be an All-American here. Look out for yourself and your family, do what you feel is right and what makes you happy.

I hope the best for Thurston.

Unless that Husker...

Transfers

Quits

Gets Hurt

Is bad at interviews

Tweets anything

Or has hair that's too long. Or tatoos.

• Fire 1

Unless that Husker...

Transfers

Quits

Gets Hurt

Is bad at interviews

Tweets anything

Or has hair that's too long. Or *tattoos.
fify

Play for a program you're not fully invested in (and may not start for) or transfer to a place you may start for and be happier at.

It's his life - he can live it how he sees fit. I'll never fault a player for wanting to go somewhere else if they feel it is a better situation for their career.

What does that put our scholly count at?

might thoughts too. i always bitched about Bo going into fall in the upper 70's because of undersigning - Riley is going into fall in the upper 70's for a bunch of other reasons...some of which might be more preventable than missing late on a few recruits. Going to make what was already going to be a larger class hard to manage in 3-4 years as well. Rather not see us have the room to sign 28, going to make things lopsided.