Andrew White declares for NBA Draft - Will Return to School

This. He probably sees the writing on the wall and realizes he's not going to gain a whole lot staying on this team another year, unless he somehow had a breakout season. Wonder what his opinion is of ol' Timmy

Looks to be obvious on your option of Miles, however can't read much into Andrew Whites opinion. All we know is that he wants to test the waters to see where he might go in the draft or at least what he needs to work on next season to increase his stock. The only indicator that we can go on for Whites opinion of Miles would be that he choose NU.

• Fire 1

This. He probably sees the writing on the wall and realizes he's not going to gain a whole lot staying on this team another year, unless he somehow had a breakout season. Wonder what his opinion is of ol' Timmy

Looks to be obvious on your option of Miles, however can't read much into Andrew Whites opinion. All we know is that he wants to test the waters to see where he might go in the draft or at least what he needs to work on next season to increase his stock. The only indicator that we can go on for Whites opinion of Miles would be that he choose NU.

I like Miles and would love to see him succeed but I have serious doubts and my concern is that the players have those doubts as well (I'm not sure how they can't, at least to some degree). I don't fault him for testing the waters, it's the smart thing to do but I wonder if there's not more to it than just that. If we don't get a true big, do you think he would benefit by staying another year?

• Fire 1

A true big would help NU, Miles and Andrew White. We will see how we do with a big over the next 10 days ?!?!?!

As for White, if he feels he is NBA caliber there is very little downside to doing what he is doing - which is testing the waters. They will tell him if he is ready and if not what does he need to focus on next year. So big or no big - that answer will be told to him by people in the know (NBA). If they tell him that he doesn't grade high enough in these xyz areas then coming back next year will fore sure be beneficial. Obviously, having a big would make that process easier for him so that he can play his true position to the fullest.

The only downside to him looking out for himself, is speculation from fans like us, which doesn't promote NU basketball.

• Fire 1

He isnt going anywhere. I doubt he would be drafted at all.

He will come back.

I was actually trying to figure out why he would think he was going to be drafted. I wouldn't say he has had some real impressive career in college yet. I think he has the talent to do that.....but, it hasn't happened yet.

You don't need to have a real impressive career in college to get drafted by the NBA. There are guys that are 2-time All Americans that do nothing in the NBA. I am not saying White would get drafted, but he does have one pretty good (almost great) skill in his shooting. If he was able to find the right team and became a lights out shooter and be able to play D, he could stick in the NBA.

He will come back.

I think you're right on everything on the first line.

I hope you're right on the second line. But we had a player a year ago who fit the first description but not the second.

I still don't have an issue with Petteway going pro when he did. He had already graduated and was considered "old" by NBA standards for the 2015 draft. He wasn't going to improve his stock significantly by spending another year at NU. Now, I am sure he would loved to spend this past year in the NBA, but he had a decent year in the NBA D-league. He is probably still a long-shot to make it in the NBA, but I don't begrudge his decision at all.

He will come back.

I think you're right on everything on the first line.

I hope you're right on the second line. But we had a player a year ago who fit the first description but not the second.

I still don't have an issue with Petteway going pro when he did. He had already graduated and was considered "old" by NBA standards for the 2015 draft. He wasn't going to improve his stock significantly by spending another year at NU. Now, I am sure he would loved to spend this past year in the NBA, but he had a decent year in the NBA D-league. He is probably still a long-shot to make it in the NBA, but I don't begrudge his decision at all.

I don't disagree.

Yet - again - all that either is true or likely true of White.

I true big would most certainly help, but we have more problems than just missing a big. White, imo, will be gone!

next year will be the worst year for Miles, and as such, should be replaced. He has been, and continues to be, < .600 coach.

It won't be his worst year and he won't be gone......

I true big would most certainly help, but we have more problems than just missing a big. White, imo, will be gone!

next year will be the worst year for Miles, and as such, should be replaced. He has been, and continues to be, < .600 coach.

With the star power he has that is young on this roster he will be given time

With the star power he has that is young on this roster he will be given time
as he should be.