Tim Beck

ScottyIce

I'm not disappointed he is at OSU.

Not for a second.

The guys has no clue what to do with QB's.

I was watching their Spring Game, I think they threw 6 INT. I just wish Tommy got 1 less year with Beck. Maybe we could've shaken those INT's out sooner.

That doesn't really mean anything though. Tommy threw a career high number of interceptions this year, and NU was 5th worse in the country, and I wouldn't say Langsdorf "has no clue what to do with QB's."

First season with Tommy.

• Fire 1

Gruden hates any non-WCO approach to QB'ing.

So this means Beck is an animal and should be the next OSU HC or what's your point? No one considers Gruden a QB whisperer. He has never developed a QB as far as I can tell. You're comment is just meant to give Beck more leeway.

PS: How pathetic is it that we had a GA coaching the most important position on the field? Not a knock on Ganz either. That just shows how little Beck actually knew about the position.

Grain of Salt: CM Husker has no understanding of the WCO, other than as an insult for any team that enjoys the forward pass.

I'm not going to take your troll bait.

• Fire 2

So this means Beck is an animal and should be the next OSU HC or what's your point? No one considers Gruden a QB whisperer. He has never developed a QB as far as I can tell. You're comment is just meant to give Beck more leeway.

PS: How pathetic is it that we had a GA coaching the most important position on the field? Not a knock on Ganz either. That just shows how little Beck actually knew about the position.

Grain of Salt: CM Husker has no understanding of the WCO, other than as an insult for any team that enjoys the forward pass.

That will be a first.

Not for a second.

I was watching their Spring Game, I think they threw 6 INT. I just wish Tommy got 1 less year with Beck. Maybe we could've shaken those INT's out sooner.

That doesn't really mean anything though. Tommy threw a career high number of interceptions this year, and NU was 5th worse in the country, and I wouldn't say Langsdorf "has no clue what to do with QB's."

First season with Tommy.

So? You can pull up career numbers for QB's under him too.

It ain't exactly stellar.

That will be a first.

Nice to see you openly admit your tactics. I respect that.

• Fire 2

Not for a second.

First season with Tommy.

To play devils advocate against myself... How'd Eli Manning do in year 1 under his direct tutelage?

Not for a second.

First season with Tommy.

Oh, and I'll take the guys he is sending to the league over 0 progress Beck.

Makes ya wonder, if he is that awful (which most Nebraska fans and now many tOSU fans are sure of) and Urban basically admits as much, why is he still there? The Buckeyes don't seem like the type of program to keep around dead weight like was Pelini's MO at Nebraska.

I don't know if it was pathetic, but it was one of my biggest problems with the old staff. I don't know how Bo/Beck could trust a GA to be the de facto QB coach.

Beck had issues no doubt. Play calling, lack of player development, an excuse for every mistake etc... I was not sad to see him go. Wish it had been sooner. Goes to OSU and blows junks with one of the most talent loaded teams in years. Doesn't give the ball to Elliot who lays this little gem heard for years by Husker faithful....

“The plays we ran (during the drive on which he scored the TD), we ran a lot of gap schemes, and we were gashing them ... and we had a lot of momentum,” Elliott said. “Honestly, we didn’t see those plays at all for the rest of the game. Those plays weren’t called any more. I asked for those plays to be called, and they weren’t.”

Beck could never get out of his way. He would have some insane call that had fans going wild in delight, only to follow it up with the most bone headed play calling known to man kind.

The difference in NU and OSU? They have the talent and HC to hide his stubbornness/inexperience. He reminds me of a recruit who is an outstanding "athlete" or a draft pick with an "upside". He does flash brilliance, but over shadowed by his lack of experience and inability to get out of his own way. This is where HC matters. Urban can teach, tutor and bring along. Just winder how much patience Urban has. A lot less than NU thats for sure.

Makes ya wonder, if he is that awful (which most Nebraska fans and now many tOSU fans are sure of) and Urban basically admits as much, why is he still there? The Buckeyes don't seem like the type of program to keep around dead weight like was Pelini's MO at Nebraska.

USC interviewed the writer of the piece today - I don't remember exact word-for-word, but he didn't say anything about Beck needing to be fired. He also said he didn't think what he wrote, and how the last season went, meant that Beck wasn't going to get better and improve as a coach. The writer said Beck very well could get better.

The writer says his intent was to show that while Cardale Jones has been under various criticisms from fans, he felt those same fans needed to know that Jones' quarterback coach (the guy directly in charge of coaching him and preparing him for each game) was basically like "what's that" on the job last year.

So, from the writer's perspective, it is unfair to seemingly critique Jones' development (or lack there of) while ignoring and somewhat giving a pass to the coach who self-admitted not having a good grasp on things last year.

I don't see anything unreasonable about that opinion.