The General Election

I can't help but get confused when a person says they have no problem voting for Hillary but absolutely won't vote for Trump because he's crooked. That's fine with me if you want to vote for $hillary, but she's got many, many skeletons in her closet too.

Trump's crookedness is only one of many reasons I'm not going to vote for him. Hillary is crooked but at least I'm not too worried about her calling a foreign head of state a childish insult, threatening Russia with a nuclear war, or defaulting on the US's debt.

Give me a break. All those things are extremely over-dramatized fear-mongering statements put out by anti-Trump propagandists. Educate yourself.

If Hillary gets elected, she will try to repeal the 2nd amendment and continue the trend of our country getting trampled in foreign relations, trade, etc.

Those two sentences in the same post is comical.

Please explain...

If you haven't figured it out by now, your first statement claims Trumps opposition is "over-dramatized fear-mongering".

Claiming Hillary will try to repeal the second amendment is "over-dramatized fear-mongering".

Trump has basically lived off of over-dramatized fear-mongering this entire election and you have gobbled it up and licked the plate clean.

• Fire 4

I can't help but get confused when a person says they have no problem voting for Hillary but absolutely won't vote for Trump because he's crooked. That's fine with me if you want to vote for $hillary, but she's got many, many skeletons in her closet too.

Trump's crookedness is only one of many reasons I'm not going to vote for him. Hillary is crooked but at least I'm not too worried about her calling a foreign head of state a childish insult, threatening Russia with a nuclear war, or defaulting on the US's debt.

Give me a break. All those things are extremely over-dramatized fear-mongering statements put out by anti-Trump propagandists. Educate yourself.

If Hillary gets elected, she will try to repeal the 2nd amendment and continue the trend of our country getting trampled in foreign relations, trade, etc.

Those two sentences in the same post is comical.

Please explain...

If you haven't figured it out by now, your first statement claims Trumps opposition is "over-dramatized fear-mongering".

Claiming Hillary will try to repeal the second amendment is "over-dramatized fear-mongering".

Trump has basically lived off of over-dramatized fear-mongering this entire election and you have gobbled it up and licked the plate clean.

He has over-dramatized everything because they're real issues that need to be addressed that no one wants to talk about since they're politicians. He's a terrific sales-person, and as long as you aren't concerned with the confrontational style he has, his pitch is phenomenal.

I thought Obama's pitch 8 years ago was phenomenal as well, because he's a great speaker. The problem is, most of the executive orders he has put through in office have been a disaster.

Trump's got a great track record of being one of the best negotiators in the world. Everything with foreign relations, trade, war, national debt, etc. are negotiations that have to be done by a competent president, and we haven't had that in a long time.

Hillary Clinton's gun violence prevention measures are found right on her website. None of them include repealing the 2nd Amendment or taking our guns away.

Hillary will:

• Strengthen background checks and close dangerous loopholes in the current system.

• Hold irresponsible dealers and manufacturers accountable.

• Keep guns out of the hands of terrorists, domestic abusers, other violent criminals, and the severely mentally ill.

Talk of a President repealing the 2nd Amendment - or any amendment, for that matter - inevitably points out the lack of education and critical thinking in this country. Presidents don't repeal amendments. In fact, Presidents play virtually no part in amendments.

To repeal an amendment, you have to pass a new amendment that "overwrites" the amendment to be repealed. That means you have to begin with a proposed amendment that must be voted approved by a 2/3 majority of both legislative bodies of the US Congress. The proposed Amendment must then be sent ot every individual State's legislature for consideration. Each state follows its own parliamentary process to arrive at a yea or nay on the proposed Amendment. For the proposed Amendment to become a Constitutional Amendment, 3/4 of the individual States must vote a final yea. With 50 states, the required number of State ratifications to adopt the new amendment is 38. Upon the confirmation of the 38th yea, the Amendment becomes part of the Constitution, amending, or changing, whatever the subject of the amendment covers--whether it be a new cause, or eliminating an old Amendment. That's why, of all the amendments, only a single one - just one - has ever been repealed (and that's why we can drink beer on game days, thank the gods).

See? No involvement by the President.

Further, every presidential race since at least Bush verses Dukakis has contained the claim that the Democratic candidate would "repeal the 2nd amendment". And in every case in which the Democrat won, the newly elected President has...done nothing to repeal the 2nd Amendment. If folks will recall, that was the claim when Obama ran the first time. What happened? Well, no repeal (obviously, for the reason above) - but there was a hell of a run on gun purchases and ammo. Enough that ammo prices shot through the roof and gun owners complained long and loud.

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad. The people who swallow the claim that "Candidate X" will repeal the 2nd Amendment are those that lack sufficient education and any degree of critical thinking. They are the ones that wallow in propaganda and hype. Unfortunately, despite their ignorance they still are permitted to vote. Like I said, it would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

• Fire 8

He has over-dramatized everything because they're real issues that need to be addressed that no one wants to talk about since they're politicians.

Are there examples of the "real issues" that Trump is talking about, that no one else wants to talk about? I'm trying to think of what these issues are and I can't come up with a single one, much less one that needs over-dramatization just to be heard.

Talk of a President repealing the 2nd Amendment - or any amendment, for that matter - inevitably points out the lack of education and critical thinking in this country. Presidents don't repeal amendments. In fact, Presidents play virtually no part in amendments.

To repeal an amendment, you have to pass a new amendment that "overwrites" the amendment to be repealed. That means you have to begin with a proposed amendment that must be voted approved by a 2/3 majority of both legislative bodies of the US Congress. The proposed Amendment must then be sent ot every individual State's legislature for consideration. Each state follows its own parliamentary process to arrive at a yea or nay on the proposed Amendment. For the proposed Amendment to become a Constitutional Amendment, 3/4 of the individual States must vote a final yea. With 50 states, the required number of State ratifications to adopt the new amendment is 38. Upon the confirmation of the 38th yea, the Amendment becomes part of the Constitution, amending, or changing, whatever the subject of the amendment covers--whether it be a new cause, or eliminating an old Amendment. That's why, of all the amendments, only a single one - just one - has ever been repealed (and that's why we can drink beer on game days, thank the gods).

See? No involvement by the President.

Further, every presidential race since at least Bush verses Dukakis has contained the claim that the Democratic candidate would "repeal the 2nd amendment". And in every case in which the Democrat won, the newly elected President has...done nothing to repeal the 2nd Amendment. If folks will recall, that was the claim when Obama ran the first time. What happened? Well, no repeal (obviously, for the reason above) - but there was a hell of a run on gun purchases and ammo. Enough that ammo prices shot through the roof and gun owners complained long and loud.

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad. The people who swallow the claim that "Candidate X" will repeal the 2nd Amendment are those that lack sufficient education and any degree of critical thinking. They are the ones that wallow in propaganda and hype. Unfortunately, despite their ignorance they still are permitted to vote. Like I said, it would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

So THAT'S why Obama hasn't taken our guns.

So, you admit that you do understand why I thought your post was funny. You admit he uses "over-dramatized fear-mongering" at the same time he and his followers (including you) accuse the other side of it.

Trump's got a great track record of being one of the best negotiators in the world. Everything with foreign relations, trade, war, national debt, etc. are negotiations that have to be done by a competent president, and we haven't had that in a long time.

Man I wish his followers would just stop using this line of total BS.

This morning I was watching one of his mouth pieces get totally owned in an interview and all of a sudden he pulls out...."Look, he is the best negotiator in the history of the planet". Any time his followers get cornered, they pull this line of BS out. It's like.....us mere mortals just can't fathom the brilliance in his mind so it's impossible to explain it to us.

He's a terrific sales-person

He sure is.....he is so good that he has sold you an empty box of hot air.

He has over-dramatized everything because they're real issues that need to be addressed that no one wants to talk about since they're politicians.

Are there examples of the "real issues" that Trump is talking about, that no one else wants to talk about? I'm trying to think of what these issues are and I can't come up with a single one, much less one that needs over-dramatization just to be heard.

Hillary Clinton enabling Bill's transgressions, duh. Thank God for Trump or else no one would be talking about this.

This paragraph hits on something that I have believed for a very long time.

The entire fear of "They are going to take our guns away" is funded, promoted and made up by gun and ammo manufactures in one of the most amazing acts of marketing in capitalism history.

Every single time a fear of some gun or ammo is flashed through the media, there is a rush to gobble up that item by gun owners that are scared those evil liberals are going to send in the black helicopters to take all our guns away.

It's really pretty impressive if you think about it.

• Fire 2

This paragraph hits on something that I have believed for a very long time.

The entire fear of "They are going to take our guns away" is funded, promoted and made up by gun and ammo manufactures in one of the most amazing acts of marketing in capitalism history.

Every single time a fear of some gun or ammo is flashed through the media, there is a rush to gobble up that item by gun owners that are scared those evil liberals are going to send in the black helicopters to take all our guns away.

It's really pretty impressive if you think about it.

Its also a great tool by the R strategists. They know they that the 2nd amendment won't be repealed, but they keep hammering it to help get people out to vote against those liberals.

• Fire 1