Direction of the Program

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A losing season was tough too take, especially given losses to bottom dwellers like Purdue. Last year was a major step back. Maybe we are in the right direction now, but we traveled a great distance in the wrong direction last year.

Reasons for hope:

The coaches talk like TA will run more

DPE will be back

New DL coach

Reasons for despair:

Two DL drafted

Lost most of the OL

Lost the best FB in a generation, and maybe of all time

How was cm husker able to vote 3 times already?

Aaaaaand there it is....

So RDR has finally admitted he is cm's best bud/doppelganger.

Nah... This is cm's +1 machine. His old buddy from HM.

1-5 in division. Setting up for another trainwreck of a season.

Riley is a career .500 coach for a reason.

• Fire 2

A losing season was tough too take, especially given losses to bottom dwellers like Purdue. Last year was a major step back. Maybe we are in the right direction now, but we traveled a great distance in the wrong direction last year.

Reasons for hope:

DPE will be back

New DL coach

Reasons for despair:

Two DL drafted

Lost most of the OL

Took a big step back? We didnt win our division which isnt much of a difference from most years since the 90s

Reasons for hope:

DPE will be back

New DL coach

Reasons for despair:

Two DL drafted

Lost most of the OL

Took a big step back? We didnt win our division which isnt much of a difference from most years since the 90s
We didn't win a national championship last year either, which isn't different from any season since 1997, so I guess everything else has been the same since then too?

By that reasoning, if we had gone winless last year, that is merely equivalent to not winning our division, so no difference, eh?

• Fire 2

Reasons for hope:

DPE will be back

New DL coach

Reasons for despair:

Two DL drafted

Lost most of the OL

We didn't win a national championship last year either, which isn't different from any season since 1997, so I guess everything else has been the same since then too?

By that reasoning, if we had gone winless last year, that is merely equivalent to not winning our division, so no difference, eh?

I love the take it to the extreme to attempt to discredit a post logic. You know exactly what i was saying ya dingle berry

1-5 in division. Setting up for another trainwreck of a season.

Riley is a career .500 coach for a reason.

wouldn't a .500 coach get 3-3?

i have a lot more confidence in our guys than you have. last years transition from Bo to Mike was a lot rougher than expected....but it sure looked like it was coming together at the end of the season. add in what seems like great recruiting and it seems to me that we are heading in the right direction. how well this year? i am not sure...but i will say easily much better than your prediction.

Certainly losing 4 solid def linemen is tough to overcome but apparently we have some guys who can play if they step up and produce. O line is going to be interesting and I am actually hopeful that the guys stepping in will be a step up. Last year's O line play was mediocre or less. We won't have all conference anything perhaps but I think, as a group they will get dramatically better as the season goes along and be ready to give fits to most of our opponents. We will run the ball much better and throw the ball as well, with a drop in the interceptions by a good margin (still more than enough but fewer). I expect we will win the time of possession this season by a good margin and our total offense will be up a tad and rushing yards will be up 50 yards per game.

All of this is positive indications for the direction of the program. I do feel there is a little more positive outook in general BUT there is also a very negative undercurrent out there from the Pelini supporters and the Riley critics. It is understandable and that will take time (years I think) to get past. A 10 or 11 win season this fall will help coupled with a strong finish to recruiting.