Game-by-Game W-L Predictions

Anyhoo, here is the average response. (7 votes in)

Fresno W

Wyoming W

Oregon T

NW T

Ill W

Indy W

Purdue W

Wisc L

OSU L

Minny W

Mary W

Iowa T

So that is 7W, 3T, 2L, or an average prediction of 8.5 wins (7 to 10)

Updated average response after 14 picks:

Fresno W

Wyoming W

Oregon L

Northwestern W

Illinois W

Indy W

Purdue W

Wisc T

tOSU L

Minny W

Mary W

Iowa T

8W, 2T, 2L or 8-10 wins (9 win average)

• Fire 1

Updated average response after 14 picks:

Fresno W

Wyoming W

Oregon L

Northwestern W

Illinois W

Indy W

Purdue W

Wisc T

tOSU L

Minny W

Mary W

Iowa T

8W, 2T, 2L or 8-10 wins (9 win average)

Nice work. Not sure how you're tracking it but it would be interesting to see a percentage. Difference between 60% of people saying we'll win a game and 100%.

Nice work. Not sure how you're tracking it but it would be interesting to see a percentage. Difference between 60% of people saying we'll win a game and 100%.

Just hand-tallying. Ask and you shall receive:

Fresno State 100% Win

Wyoming 100% Win

Oregon 14% Win -- 43% Tossup -- 43% Loss

Northwestern 50% Win -- 29% Tossup -- 21% Loss

Illinois 100% Win

Indiana 79% Win -- 14% Tossup -- 7% Loss

Purdue 100% Win

Wisconsin 29% Win -- 36% Tossup -- 36% Loss

Ohio State 7% Tossup -- 93% Loss

Minnesota 79% Win -- 7% Tossup -- 14% Loss

Maryland 100% Win

Iowa 29% Win -- 43% Tossup -- 29% Loss

Rather than awarding Oregon and Wisconsin .25 wins each, I decided to split the difference and give Oregon a Loss and Wisconsin a Tossup. With a larger sample size this would likely not be an issue.

Another way to look at it:

5 Virtual Sure-wins (yes I know these don't really exist anymore, don't come at me for it)

Fresno, Wyoming, Illinois, Purdue, Maryland

2 Likely wins

Indiana, Minnesota

1 Toss-up leaning towards a win

Northwestern

1 50/50 Toss-up

Iowa

2 Toss-ups leaning towards loss

Oregon, Wisconsin

1 Virtual sure-loss

Ohio State

• Fire 2

Worst case I see is 7-5 and best is 10-2.

Fresno W
Wyoming W
Oregon L
@ Northwestern W (L)
Illinois W
@ Indiana W
Purdue W
@ Wisconsin W (L)
@ tOSU L
Minnesota W
Maryland W
@ Iowa W (L)
As long as Tommy isn't chucking the ball down field, that is what I see. If he is chucking it, five losses.

Fresno Win 56-0

Wyoming W 70-0

Oregon W 42-17

@ Northwestern W 42-3

Illinois W 70-0

@ Indiana W 49-7

Purdue W 77-0

@ Wisconsin W 35-10

@ tOSU W 35-21

Minnesota W 49-10

Maryland W 60-0

@ Iowa W 42-3

B1G championship VS MSU- W 35-17

NAT Champ semifinal vs FSU- W42-10

NAT CHAMP-vs Alabama- W 35-27

Any other questions?

It looks to me like we don't try any field goals up through the first ten games. Then, feeling sorry for Drew Brown, we let him kick 20 field goals against Maryland. Is this what happens?

• Fire 1

Worst case I see is 7-5 and best is 10-2.

Fresno W
Wyoming W
Oregon L
@ Northwestern W (L)
Illinois W
@ Indiana W
Purdue W
@ Wisconsin W (L)
@ tOSU L
Minnesota W
Maryland W
@ Iowa W (L)
As long as Tommy isn't chucking the ball down field, that is what I see. If he is chucking it, five losses.

In other words, 5 losses! Tommy is not going to suddenly figure it out. Sigh....next up?

Fresno - Win by a score of roughly 49-22

Wyoming - Win but they make a late push

Oregon - Win on the final drive 28-26

@NW - Win, and big. Like 52-13 big

Illinois - Win a lazy game by 20 unimpressively

@IU - Our defense comes out lazy and we have to explode in the 4th to win an early shootout

Purdue - Shutout, 40-0

@Wisconsin - Win, they come out beaten up and we take an early lead and win 38-20

@Ohio State - Loss, but it's only by 9 points

Minnesota - Win, an early scare gets stuffed by the D

Maryland - Win an easy game, 39-10

@Iowa - Win, like we did the first couple times we played em

*note: ^ that is best case scenario. I think we go 9-3 on the year.

I honestly laughed out loud. Why do people think we do anything better than .500? .500 is just as laughable IMO. They clearly turned the corner last year. Logic tells you we won't lose as many close games either
  • Fire 1

I see best case scenario 10-2 with back to back losses at Wiscy and OSU. Worst case scenario is 8-4, lose 3 of my 4 Toss-Up games and the 4th loss comes at the hands of a progrum that makes Huskerboard meltdown.

I believe the players are talented enough to be in every game, but I very much question the attention to detail to finish, primarily at the QB position. This team goes as far as he takes them. DL concerns me, but I have belief JP can coach them up to not be the weakest link on the entire team.

Fresno W

Wyoming W

Oregon T

@ Northwestern W

Illinois W

@ Indiana W

Purdue W

@ Wisconsin T

@ tOSU T

Minnesota W

Maryland W

@ Iowa T

Fresno - Win by a score of roughly 49-22

Wyoming - Win but they make a late push

Oregon - Win on the final drive 28-26

@NW - Win, and big. Like 52-13 big

Illinois - Win a lazy game by 20 unimpressively

@IU - Our defense comes out lazy and we have to explode in the 4th to win an early shootout

Purdue - Shutout, 40-0

@Wisconsin - Win, they come out beaten up and we take an early lead and win 38-20

@Ohio State - Loss, but it's only by 9 points

Minnesota - Win, an early scare gets stuffed by the D

Maryland - Win an easy game, 39-10

@Iowa - Win, like we did the first couple times we played em

*note: ^ that is best case scenario. I think we go 9-3 on the year.

I honestly laughed out loud. Why do people think we do anything better than .500?
.500 is just as laughable IMO. They clearly turned the corner last year. Logic tells you we won't lose as many close games either

Waldo didn't use logic in his prediction of .500

I guess I don't understand the 5-7 or 6-6 reasoning. Could this season end up like last season? Possible, but not real likely. NU lost 4 games in the last minutes of the game. Is it a defense mechanism? That way if they don't perform like you want you arn't disappointed? I just doesn't seem like many on this board are looking at what the other schools have returning or what they have lost. They only look at what NU has lost.

Do you know that Ohio St only returns 6 starters. Three on offense and three on defense. That is a lot to replace. Doesn't mean NU beats them, because they have a ton of talent still, but that has to give you a little food for thought. Last year OSU had a ton of talent returning and still didn't get it done.

Almost everyone has Wyoming as a slam dunk 3 TD win, but they actually return a ton of starters. Bohl played a ton of young guys that got a lot of experience. I expect them to be much imporved over last year. Would not surprise me in the least if they end up 6-6 maybe even 7-5.

Oregon will be talented, but they lost a ton and have lots of problems, the biggest being finding a QB. That offense doesn't go without a good QB for the system. They couldn't stop anyone last year and are now switching to a 4-3 defense.

Wisconsin lost Stave and a good bit of talent on defense and most importantly they lost their DC. You can run the same basic scheme, but it doesn't always look exactly the same when someone else is calling the defense or offense for that matter. Think Bohl running basically the same stuff as McBride did. You got to look at who they play before us also. They are going to be beat up when we get them.

NW offense was terrible last year and was completely propped up by a really good defense that lost some good talent up on the front end.

These are things that I think about when making predictions. The game that actually scares me is Indiana. They score points on everyone, but have a hard time stopping teams. When a team can score points you never know what will happen.

Anything less than 8-4 and I will be dissappointed. If TA listens and plays like he did against UCLA. This will be a really good offensive team. The loss of experience on the DL is scary, but I like the talent, they just need to step up and play.

Fresno W
Wyoming W
Oregon W
@ Northwestern W
Illinois W
@ Indiana W?
Purdue W
@ Wisconsin T
@ tOSU L
Minnesota W
Maryland W
@ Iowa T

Fresno W
Wyoming W
Oregon T
@ Northwestern T
Illinois W
@ Indiana W (L)
Purdue W
@ Wisconsin T
@ Ohio State L
Minnesota T
Maryland W (L)
@ Iowa T

Normally I would predict we would beat someone we shouldn't (like MSU last year) and lose to someone we shouldn't like Illy and Duey last year. But I only see one for sure loss on the schedule. I'll stick with the lose to someone we shouldn't and say it'll be Indiana or Maryland. Split the T's and since I have 5 I'll go with 3-2 as the universe needs to re-balance after the close losses last year...carry the one......

8-4