Tommy A. - And various other Husker QBs

What if he plays up to lets say, 80-90% of his potential. Does this team have enough around him, on both sides of the ball to win the B1G ? As much as I would like to say yes, I'm just not feeling it.

I know we could win possibly 10-11 games, with that kind of play from him, just can't see us stacking up with, OSU yet. Coach Riley has pulled off some big upsets in the Pac. Could that be the other factor that could do it.. Just wondering what others on here think.

GBR!!!

Edited by Mavric
Edited the title because #YOLO

If tommy plays up to snuff, he will take us along ways. darn if he just keeps the turnovers down to .5 per game, it'll take us along ways. not to say we don't have some other ???marks.

What really stands out, is i believe he has the talent, i think it mostly mental. The coaching he received for most of his career wasn't up to what he has now, but old habits diehard!

We have been told over and over what great coaches we have especially when it comes to quarterbacks. So we will either see a great quarterback this year and understand the fact that those people were right about our coaches or we will see more of the same and it will make us understand that our coaches are just like everybody else's coaches… Where if you don't have great players it really doesn't matter.

• Fire 2

Tommy has shown, under two coaching staffs, exactly what he is going to give you. It will be up to how the coaching staff elects to use him. Hopefully, we never see him throw over 40 passes in a game again and becomes featured in the run game, along with some sweep, inside/outside zone, and power.

• Fire 3

Tommy has shown, under two coaching staffs, exactly what he is going to give you. It will be up to how the coaching staff elects to use him. Hopefully, we never see him throw over 40 passes in a game again and becomes featured in the run game, along with some sweep, inside/outside zone, and power.

Bingo

We have been told over and over what great coaches we have especially when it comes to quarterbacks. So we will either see a great quarterback this year and understand the fact that those people were right about our coaches or we will see more of the same and it will make us understand that our coaches are just like everybody else's coaches… Where if you don't have great players it really doesn't matter.

Or, they've done as much as they can with the kid and he is just who he is. We heard for years how improved Taylor was going to be and he improved some, but at the end of the day we all knew what to expect and you can't fault the kid for that.

Even the best QB coach in the world couldn't turn me into Joe Montana.

I think where you can fault the coaches is how they choose to use Tommy. I feel mislead by their preseason comments last year. I felt like they gave the impression they were going to adapt their system/scheme to the players they had, instead they seemed to do the opposite.

To a certain extent I think this is understandable, when things go wrong the natural human instinct is to do what you are most comfortable with, in this groups case it's throw the ball more.

• Fire 1