Gun Control

23 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I'm pretty shocked. Why does their gender identify matter? Shouldn't the focus be on how easily somebody got their hands on guns designed to mow people down? 

I don't get it.

On the gun control side of the issue, it doesn't matter.  Guns were able to be procured by someone who shouldn't have access to them.

On the mental health side, it does matter.  Just like knowing that some school shooters were victims of bullying and that played a part in what they did.  The gender identity, by itself, doesn't matter.  What matters is how that played a part in relationships, how he was brought up as a child, how he was treated and counseled.  What messaging was he told while being brought up about himself and how did that affect his mental state?

I knew, right when I saw that this was a transgender person, that people were going to go wacko about that and so nobody can have an honest discussion about the issues.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
10 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

On the other side, I'd submit disarming a people turns them into victims.  Look throughout history how democide has wrought havoc on nations' citizens.  And outside of a rogue government, criminals don't follow laws.  Why punish millions for the mentally and morally reprehensible few who do these things?  

100% wrong. Removing the guns solves the problem. England after the Dunblane massacre. Australia after the Bryant massacre. New Zealand after the Christchurch massacre. In each instance, gun violence (and suicide) plummeted after common sense legislation removed the problem - THE GUNS.

Every other peer country knows the problem and has a fraction of the gun violence America has. We are BY FAR the outlier in gun violence among first-world nations.

IT'S THE GUNS. Get rid of the guns, or this keeps happening.

Tomorrow it could be your kid.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 4
  • TBH 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

What?

I'm pretty shocked. Why does their gender identify matter? Shouldn't the focus be on how easily somebody got their hands on guns designed to mow people down? 

I don't get it.

You would have to ask the Nashville Police Chief.  It was his press conference and he was giving details of the shooter.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
43 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I knew, right when I saw that this was a transgender person, that people were going to go wacko about that and so nobody can have an honest discussion about the issues

What people are going “whacko” and isn’t mental health one of the issues?  

Ideology is many times a factor in why mass killers target who they target, and it looks to be the case in this one.   Pointing that out isn’t “going wacko”. 

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Pluralism is a hallmark of democracy and a bedrock principle of our country.  The alternative is what?  Walk me through what you would wish to see as opposed to a pluralistic society.  Because I'm not sure the alternatives are what most would want to live under.  

The US is not a mob-ruled Democracy.  We're a Constitutional Republic being subversively eroded.  

Pluralism is a plague.  Living in relativistic truth becomes contradictory across individuals and groups.  And it leads to the progressive filth of kid mutilation, kids being taken to drag shows, abortion like it's a hobby, and mentally ill people planning school shootings at a Christian-based campus.

I can sympathize deeply with what happened.  Like I said, I ache with those families.  But I see it as an underlying issue that is morally reprehensible and has normalized due to progressive agendas.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

The US is not a mob-ruled Democracy.  We're a Constitutional Republic being subversively eroded.  

Pluralism is a plague.  Living in relativistic truth becomes contradictory across individuals and groups.  And it leads to the progressive filth of kid mutilation, kids being taken to drag shows, abortion like it's a hobby, and mentally ill people planning school shootings at a Christian-based campus.

I can sympathize deeply with what happened.  Like I said, I ache with those families.  But I see it as an underlying issue that is morally reprehensible and has normalized due to progressive agendas.

Pluralism - a condition or system in which two or more states, groups, principles, sources of authority, etc., coexist.

Soooo....if I'm reading you right, the US should destroy anything that doesn't agree with the Republican party and the Republican party should rule everything because they stand for what is right in the world and the Democrats and liberals are destroying our kids and our country.

Is that what you're getting at?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

What?

I don't get it.

Those are symptoms of a root issue.  Moral regression and degradation of our society.  Gender identity is a symptom of moral and mental illness.  Progressivism, pluralism, relativism, and the likes, are philosophies that lend to these symptoms.  

This is my point.  Root cause vs symptom.  Pull fruit off a rotten tree or deal with the tree?  The latter is the wise path.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

100% wrong. Removing the guns solves the problem. England after the Dunblane massacre. Australia after the Bryant massacre. New Zealand after the Christchurch massacre. In each instance, gun violence (and suicide) plummeted after common sense legislation removed the problem - THE GUNS.

Every other peer country knows the problem and has a fraction of the gun violence America has. We are BY FAR the outlier in gun violence among first-world nations.

IT'S THE GUNS. Get rid of the guns, or this keeps happening.

Tomorrow it could be your kid.

Now look at violent crime statistics.  It would make sense the country with more guns has more gun violence.  Other countries still have massive violent crime, and now you'd have millions and millions of law abiding citizens disarmed while criminals, who don't follow laws, become even more brazen against the defenseless.  

I bet there are dozens of countries' citizens across the globe wishing they had a 2A to protect their rights given what just their governments have become...

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1
12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Pluralism - a condition or system in which two or more states, groups, principles, sources of authority, etc., coexist.

Soooo....if I'm reading you right, the US should destroy anything that doesn't agree with the Republican party and the Republican party should rule everything because they stand for what is right in the world and the Democrats and liberals are destroying our kids and our country.

Is that what you're getting at?

Pluralism is simply a "your truth is yours, mine is mine" tenet.  When your truth and my truth diametrically oppose one another, who is right?  This is where Democracies fail...mob rule.  The US is a Constitutional Republic to protect against mob rule.

I do have a question.  Do you carry a spiritual belief system?  No need to detail it if you don't want, just yes or no (if you don't mind).

• Plus1 2