Rio Olympics

C N Red

So - thoughts on the supposed armed robbery of 4 of our Olympic Swimmers? Pretty fishy ... latest is that they're being ordered to stay in Brazil (though I think Ryan is already gone)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/rio-2016/2016/08/17/us-swimmers-ryan-lochte-police-questioned-robbery/88887608/

My theory on why their stories don't match, why they didn't want to report it to the USOC etc is that it was a drug deal gone bad.

Yeah, this whole deal has gotten weird. Two of the guys got pulled off their departure flight to be questioned by police and they're now trying to locate Feigan. I sure hope they weren't making up the robbery, and personally I don't think they did for a few reasons. 1- Street crime like this is not abnormal in Rio. 2- Rio officials have made it pretty clear they will defend against virtually anything that places them in a bad light. 3- I've been to South America (Venezuela) and they tend to be corrupt and do not act at all like we are used to here. I was actually detained by Venezuelan customs officials as I was leaving the country....the thing that got me back in their good graces and finally on my flight was putting a $20 bill in my passport on about the fourth time they asked to check it. I was advised to do this by some other American businessmen but doubted them until it became obvious that they were delaying our flight and detaining us for no good reason the than they wanted their payday. Corruption is the norm down there.

So he just traded "robbers" for "security guards." Honest mistakes.

Well, in their defense (which is probably ill advised at this point), the difference between cops and robbers in South America can be extremely negligible. I was basically held hostage and robbed by Venezuelan customs officials. I'm sure had my story received any attention they would have charged me, arrested me and claimed something else was going on. And I didn't even get drunk and destroy a bathroom...well, I did get drunk but that's another....oh, nevermind. :lol:

• Fire 1