Police Dispatch During Shootings in Dallas and other police topics

I guess I haven't seen it proven that he was simply trying to produce a license and that is the lone cause of why he was shot. Do you have a link to this fact or are you basing this on the biased narration of a partial video clip? The clip I saw only showed a bit of what happened after he was shot and seemed to only present one side of the story. Maybe I missed something or maybe the reception of my tinfoil hat is on the fritz.

I guess I haven't seen it proven that he was simply trying to produce a license and that is the lone cause of why he was shot. Do you have a link to this fact or are you basing this on the biased narration of a partial video clip? The clip I saw only showed a bit of what happened after he was shot and seemed to only present one side of the story. Maybe I missed something or maybe the reception of my tinfoil hat is on the fritz.

I think the same - I don't doubt something horrible happened, but I do want to hear from the police. I'm hung up on how calm the lady is filming her dying boyfriend so politely, and how the cop is just standing there watching him die w/his gun drawn. Granted it's obvious at that time you don't want to act crazy and get the police more engaged, but my first instinct wouldn't be to get it on camera. I just can't imagine getting through that and then holding press conferences rallying folks and etc and keeping it together. She's a strong woman for sure.

Maybe instead of assuming the police were wrong in Minnesota you should wait for the facts to come out on the event rather than rely on her video that starts after the shooting cm. But then that would be common sense and everyone seems to be losing their common sense and think their opinions are now facts.

Maybe instead of assuming the police were wrong in Minnesota you should wait for the facts to come out on the event rather than rely on her video that starts after the shooting cm. But then that would be common sense and everyone seems to be losing their common sense and think their opinions are now facts.

The facts will not come out about this. The policemen there don't have body cameras. We have what we have. What we know is he was shot at point blank range 4 times while his kid was in the car.

I'm completely willing to see how it plays out, but I'm done giving police the benefit of the doubt, which I've done 9 of 10 times in the past. At best, I'll say 50/50, and with the evidence I have now, I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to the victims in this case.

I'd love to see the hypothetical scenario of how this guy escalated things to getting shot when he was a passenger in a car pulled over for a broken taillight - and he had his 4 year old in the car.

Is it bad that I am glad they took that guy out with a bomb robot? Sometimes I feel really tainted and too cynical....

No, that was a tactic that I've never heard of, but it was obviously very effective.

I actually want to know more about how that works. Seems to me a bomb robot would be somewhat easy to see coming.

Is it bad that I am glad they took that guy out with a bomb robot? Sometimes I feel really tainted and too cynical....

No, that was a tactic that I've never heard of, but it was obviously very effective.

I actually want to know more about how that works. Seems to me a bomb robot would be somewhat easy to see coming.

What I heard is that they were developed in Iraq and Afghanistan. The same robot that they were using to communicate with him (microphone and camera) was the one that had the bomb.

It was a bomb robot, so particularly durable. My understanding is that he was barricaded in, so I don't think he could have stopped it or ran.

Why a bomb and not a flash-bang? I'm sure it was the situation that called for it.

I imagine they made a decision to not risk anyone trying to apprehend him - flash bangs are good tools, particularly when you hit an unsuspecting target, but they aren't foolproof or impossible to avoid/mitigate.

The facts will not come out about this. The policemen there don't have body cameras. We have what we have. What we know is he was shot at point blank range 4 times while his kid was in the car.

Dash cam?

I was watching the show cops tonight and every person of race.. be it hispanic, black, whatever, continuously fought the police at every corner.. and not just a little bit. Just a constant barrage of hate and threats.

So, if Trump is being labeled as a person that is fostering hate, what does that make the likes of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton?

There is another video, it's called a dash cam, you know, the camera that will have caught this situation unfold from the very beginning and not after the fact. Of course that's not popular anymore and everyone is an expert and knows exactly what happened when they've only seen some of the situation. And for those of you mentioning a 4 year old in the car, you can still get killed with little kids in the car, the cop shot accurately, the little kid wasn't physically harmed, and if he made a move towards the weapon he forced that officer to make that decision. If he made a move towards the weapon, it's what it is, make better choices and own up to your decisions and quite blaming others for your poor choices. If he didn't, it'll come out and the cop will be prosecuted for it. Of course we don't deserve a fair process anymore, you know the one that you're innocent until proven guilty.

• Fire 1