Police Dispatch During Shootings in Dallas and other police topics

I was watching the show cops tonight and every person of race.. be it hispanic, black, whatever, continuously fought the police at every corner.. and not just a little bit. Just a constant barrage of hate and threats.

So, if Trump is being labeled as a person that is fostering hate, what does that make the likes of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton?

Hey you guys, all of the non-White people on the show Cops continuously fight the police and make hateful/threatening remarks. This is so alarming I can't even fathom it. That must mean all non-Whites are racist and hateful toward cops! Surely the subjects of an episode of Cops are representative of their respective populations as a whole. Now let's pick the first two Black people we can think of and blame them for this!

Now let's not assume that the fact it's a show about Cops arresting people means these people are not exactly upstanding citizens, nor should we assume that the stuff that makes it on TV is the most controversial/entertaining. That'd just be crazy.

This is the post of the year right here.

• Fire 3

If he didn't, it'll come out and the cop will be prosecuted for it.

The thing is, no he won't. There's no way the cop gets burned for this even if he's guilty. A dashcam isn't going to show the man's hands inside the car in front of his seat. Nothing is going to shed more insight other than he said/she said, and the cops get the benefit of the doubt every time.

I understand you being a cop and you seem like a good one and I respect that. But your immediate rush to defense in every single one of these situations is scary. Can you explain to me why unarmed black folk are 5x as likely to be shot and killed by police than unarmed white folk, while only making up 13% of the population?

• Fire 1

Maybe instead of assuming the police were wrong in Minnesota you should wait for the facts to come out on the event rather than rely on her video that starts after the shooting cm. But then that would be common sense and everyone seems to be losing their common sense and think their opinions are now facts.

The facts will not come out about this. The policemen there don't have body cameras. We have what we have. What we know is he was shot at point blank range 4 times while his kid was in the car.

Dash cam?

It's not going to show the detail that's needed. He was shot inside the car. The police vehicle was probably behind the car. I suppose they'll get the full convo though.

Of course we don't deserve a fair process anymore, you know the one that you're innocent until proven guilty.

Huh? Has the officer gone to jail already?

Like I've said before, you aren't capable of having a rational discussion about this. You think because you're a good police officer and you know good police officers that no problem exists. You also assume anyone who talks about any of this thinks all police officers are bad.

I was watching the show cops tonight and every person of race.. be it hispanic, black, whatever, continuously fought the police at every corner.. and not just a little bit. Just a constant barrage of hate and threats.

So, if Trump is being labeled as a person that is fostering hate, what does that make the likes of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton?

Hey you guys, all of the non-White people on the show Cops continuously fight the police and make hateful/threatening remarks. This is so alarming I can't even fathom it. That must mean all non-Whites are racist and hateful toward cops! Surely the subjects of an episode of Cops are representative of their respective populations as a whole. Now let's pick the first two Black people we can think of and blame them for this!

Now let's not assume that the fact it's a show about Cops arresting people means these people are not exactly upstanding citizens, nor should we assume that the stuff that makes it on TV is the most controversial/entertaining. That'd just be crazy.

Kinda like deciding Trump is a good leader and businessman by watching Shark Tank and The Apprentice? See a pattern here?

• Fire 1

My cousin was in the middle of the terror in Dallas filming for his news station. He said it was the scariest thing he has gone through. He has footage of the shootings and you can hear the bullets flying over his head. Him and the other guy he was with where able to get out of there and continued filming from about a block away.

And no one can have a rational discussion with you either Moiraine. You have your side and you are JUST as stubborn as I am whether you'll admit that or not. SAME goes for LOMS, I've argued with you two until I'm blue in the face. The fact that you're ready to jump all over this officer is equally as shocking. You can bully the discussion all you want. I simply don't care if you agree or not. He's guilty in the eyes of you two along with tons of other people and the media. And LOMS I'm not going into the racial talks with you, I've told you that several times before, not happening.

Back to the answer to all problems............gun control.

• Fire 3

Do you have a reading comprehension problem, or do you have an agenda? I clearly said "every person of race" (are whites no longer a race?) I then went on to say .."be it hispanic, black, whatever,"!

This did not in anyway exclude whites!!

• Fire 1

Kinda like deciding Trump is a good leader and businessman by watching Shark Tank and The Apprentice? See a pattern here?

Are you saying cops is not real life situation (tell that to one of the guys that was killed in Omaha not long ago), or is it that you just want to avoid the Jesse and Al part?

Well at this point I happen to agree with BRI. I will give the benefit of the doubt to the cop, until proven different, for a couple reasons.

1- We have no idea what that guy may have done that could've provoked the cop to shoot, but there could be many things. The fact a four year old was in the car doesn't influence my thinking in the least. Have some of you people seen the type of parenting that goes on in this world? Just today I saw a 2 year old with one shoe wandering around the parking lot at the municipal pool, unaccompanied, with no adult in sight. My daughter said she had been watching her do that for well over 5 minutes and felt sorry for her. Anyway, I'm not convinced one of her parents wouldn't move for a gun just because she was in the car with them. (btw, don't worry, we talked her into going back inside to her parents?? before we left).

2- I refuse to believe (even though it could happen on a very rare occassion) that a cop is going to gun somebody down for no good reason at all. My default is that the guy did something stupid or I'll advised that the average person likely would not do and that is why he got shot. I will need a bit of proof before I do not think this.

Is it possible the cop was too edgy or scared to perform optimally? Yes, absolutely. But I just would not consider making a wrong move in that situation . Is it possible the cop was more leery because the guy was black? I don't know that and neither does anybody else at this point. I really hate to see this rush to judgement based on one partial and suspect video clip. How about we find out more before gathering the pitchforks?

Do you have a reading comprehension problem, or do you have an agenda? I clearly said "every person of race" (are whites no longer a race?) I then went on to say .."be it hispanic, black, whatever,"!

lol. You specifically mentioned Hispanics, Blacks, Jesse James, and Al Sharpton.

Are you saying cops is not real life situation (tell that to one of the guys that was killed in Omaha not long ago), or is it that you just want to avoid the Jesse and Al part?

No, but Cops is on TV for entertainment not educational purposes and, when entertainment is the goal, not entertaining incidents don't make the cut. You know what's not exciting? A routine traffic stop without incident. You know what is exciting and what keeps people watching? A high-speed chase.

What you're doing--and what you're rightfully being called out on--is taking a very specific subsection of society and trying to make sweeping generalizations.

• Fire 3

No, but Cops is on TV for entertainment not educational purposes and, when entertainment is the goal, not entertaining incidents don't make the cut. You know what's not exciting? A routine traffic stop without incident. You know what is exciting and what keeps people watching? A high-speed chase.

What you're doing--and what you're rightfully being called out on--is taking a very specific subsection of society and trying to make sweeping generalizations.

I merely pointed out the hate on this show.. Yes, I get certain things are cut out (they do show routine stops, not just combative arrests), but that still doesn't change the level of hate. I have numerous cops in my family, they have said the same thing. The hate is growing!

So please, tell me what sweeping generalization I made!

EDIT: I 100% understand that this is on TV for entertainment. Do you think they tell the people they arrest to act up, or is that more real life?

lol. You specifically mentioned Hispanics, Blacks, Jesse James, and Al Sharpton.

So, because I didn't list out every race then I'm being racist, even though I mentioned every race? Yes, I mentioned Jesse and Al because they are two specific cases of two very outspoken critics of the police and are spreading hate.

Is this the liberal mindset? Trump is spreading hate (according to the liberals) and must be stopped, but Jesse and Al are ok? Who are also spreading hate..

You took this to another level (suggesting racism) because of your agenda.