***Tragic News - Current Nebraska Punter Sam Foltz dies in car crash***

We don't play Sparty this year, I think the two universities would have worked together and had a real special pregame ceremony for these two young men.

Is the university going to help the Foltz family with funeral costs?

I don't mean this to sound as harsh as it's going to, but why would UNL help the Foltz family with funeral costs?

• Fire 1

We don't play Sparty this year, I think the two universities would have worked together and had a real special pregame ceremony for these two young men.

I don't mean this to sound as harsh as it's going to, but why would UNL help the Foltz family with funeral costs?
The football program brings in lots of revenue is my only reason. I don't know how well off his family is and that doesn't matter, with the love KB, and I'm sure Malik and VV have they could help if they want and if its wanted (or the coaches). Also, I really hope if someone sets up a gofundme page its legitimate.
  • Fire 1

I can't imagine how emotionally charged things would be if we meet them in the B1G title game.

Sam embodied what it meant to be a Husker. When he humbly dedicated himself to be a full-time punter, giving up his wide receiver dreams. He helped in the community. He inspired others, on and off the field. Husker Nation lost such a great man today. May we all strive to be as great as Sam did. We owe it to a life gone too soon.

• Fire 1

The football program brings in lots of revenue is my only reason. I don't know how well off his family is and that doesn't matter, with the love KB, and I'm sure Malik and VV have they could help if they want and if its wanted (or the coaches). Also, I really hope if someone sets up a gofundme page its legitimate.

A university can't award a financial luxury to one student's family and not every other family that has a child die while taking classes there.

That said, I'm sure the Foltz family will have more than enough financial donations through the coaches, teammates, friends, family, and the rest of husker nation to pay for the funeral costs.

• Fire 1