***Tragic News - Current Nebraska Punter Sam Foltz dies in car crash***

I will miss the 50+ yard bombs that bounced out inside the 10 yard line. I will miss those punts that literally flipped field position. More than that, I'll miss those shanked punts that left you scratching your head. The perfect reminder that nobody is perfect, that at the end of the day college football is just a game played by young men who give it 110% every time they're on the field.

Above all else, for as impressive as Sam was on the field, he was even more impressive off it, spending countless hours, using his position as a Nebraska football player to help those who really needed help. He embodied what it meant to be a Husker athlete. In just his 22 short years, he has made a lifetime's impact. RIP, Sam Foltz.

• Fire 1

Tragic news. i guess the details will start coming out. Was he driving? Was he alone? A young life tragically over far far before it was supposed to be. R.I.P....

He was with Mike Sadler, former Michigan St. punter who also passed away. There's also an unnamed LSU player that is alive but has severe burns

• Fire 2

Tragic news. i guess the details will start coming out. Was he driving? Was he alone? A young life tragically over far far before it was supposed to be. R.I.P....

He was with Mike Sadler, former Michigan St. punter who also passed away. There's also an unnamed LSU player that is alive but has severe burns

Thank you for sharing the information. Just horrible. R.I.P. to both young men....

• Fire 1

Terrible news. Thoughts go out to the families. Loved Sam. He was excellent punter, the only time I remember him getting grief was when he shanked it on a bum ankle. But I loved the fact that he was a punter that played like a safety, the guy loved to hit people. How many punters/kickers did you ever see get a personal foul?

Mike was a real funny and clever guy as well. Just awful...

• Fire 1

Mike Sadler, former msu kicker that went back and forth with faux, passed away as well. Sad sad story

Was Sadler with Sam in the same wreck?
yes. Heard they missed a turn and hit a tree. The LSU kicker was with them as well and managed to get out of the car. Drew Brown was in a separate car and tried to help them, and was the one who had to make the phone call to Sam's parents. Again, this is what I heard, I have no link to a confirming story. Sad all the same
  • Fire 1

Mike Sadler, former msu kicker that went back and forth with faux, passed away as well. Sad sad story

Was Sadler with Sam in the same wreck?
yes. Heard they missed a turn and hit a tree. The LSU kicker was with them as well and managed to get out of the car. Drew Brown was in a separate car and tried to help them, and was the one who had to make the phone call to Sam's parents. Again, this is what I heard, I have no link to a confirming story. Sad all the same

Awful, just awful. Although whenever you have going men the thought of alcohol being involved comes to mind. I hope this isn't is and seems not to be with some many guys involved and another car right there.

Brown loved Foltz he's going to have an awful time with this and will probably need some counciling.

• Fire 1