***Tragic News - Current Nebraska Punter Sam Foltz dies in car crash***

Harbaugh did mention it during his podium/roundtable time later on in the day - was just the only coach to open his opening statement without mentioning it.

Also ran into Joe Tessetore on the escalator here at media days - gave him a quick thank you for his kind words, and you could tell they were as genuine as could be. He sounded so defeated and frustrated and sad - was in the middle of texting with Sam's mother about trying to find video of the talk Sam gave that night at the camp.

Just watched a short video clip of him talking about this and you could tell he was shaken up a bit.

• Fire 1

Someone started a gofundme for Sam and are raising money to donate to the University of Nebraska to build a statue.

**[link removed]**

I'd hope that the family and the university have been consulted about this - I hope nobody donates to this cause without that backing. There are lots of people who take advantage of these situations.

• Fire 1

Someone started a gofundme for Sam and are raising money to donate to the University of Nebraska to build a statue.

**[link removed]**

How did you hear about this so quickly? This GoFundMe page went up at 4:34 Central Time. You posted about it here at 4:36 Central Time.

I sent a note to the person who created it asking for clarity of the university and the family's involvement. If they're involved it needs to be documented in the text, and honestly if they're involved it is something that should be done through a university foundation, not a Go Fund Me. (my opinion)

I'm sure it's well intentioned, but it will snowball into something significant and handling it this way is (imo) inappropriate.

**[link removed]**

If you know the person who set this up - you may want to ensure that they're complying with all the rules the state of NE has for fundraising for situations like this. I sent an email for clarity but haven't received a response. It's now hit twitter so I'm sure it will snowball quickly. There are lots of state and federal (and I'm assuming the University has a whole different set of rules) guidelines that have to be met for something like this ...

**[link removed]**

How did you hear about this so quickly? This GoFundMe page went up at 4:34 Central Time. You posted about it here at 4:36 Central Time.

Good timing I guess. I was wondering if there was something set up to help the family so I searched his name on gofundme and found that.

**[link removed]**

I'd hope that the family and the university have been consulted about this - I hope nobody donates to this cause without that backing. There are lots of people who take advantage of these situations.

I do not know the person that set it up nor do I have any affiliation with it. I sure hope it's legitimate, I would hate to see anyone trying to take advantage of this tragedy.

Harbaugh did mention it during his podium/roundtable time later on in the day - was just the only coach to open his opening statement without mentioning it.

Also ran into Joe Tessetore on the escalator here at media days - gave him a quick thank you for his kind words, and you could tell they were as genuine as could be. He sounded so defeated and frustrated and sad - was in the middle of texting with Sam's mother about trying to find video of the talk Sam gave that night at the camp.

I'd suggest everyone give this a listen, it's only 20 minutes.

• Fire 1

I'd suggest everyone give this a listen, it's only 20 minutes.

Could have done with a little less of hearing how Tessitore's son is such a gifted athlete.