A man you can bait with a Tweet

23 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

32 tweets/retweets this morning so far, and it's only 8:30 EST.  Thinking lil' Donnie might be nervous about the Purple Heart winner's testimony this morning?

I'm not picking on you, but this has bugged me all morning listening to the talking heads. You don't win the purple heart... It's not a contest. It is awarded to those who sustained enemy related injuries or death while in service.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ZRod said:

I'm not picking on you, but this has bugged me all morning listening to the talking heads. You don't win the purple heart... It's not a contest. It is awarded to those who sustained enemy related injuries or death while in service.

You are totally right - it was a bad word.choice. 

2 hours ago, ZRod said:

Just a side note.

My uncle was injured in the Korean war in hand to hand combat on the front lines and never received the Purple Heart.  I always wondered why.

13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Just a side note.

My uncle was injured in the Korean war in hand to hand combat on the front lines and never received the Purple Heart.  I always wondered why.

Could be a few reasons. If it was never document by anyone then there's no way that the military would know he was deserving of the award. Wikipedia says that the wound has to be treated by a medical officer and documented in order to be eligible.

If he's still alive he could probably retroactively request it, or if deceased next of kin could request it. He's deserves to be recognized.

15 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

You are totally right - it was a bad word.choice. 

I don't fault you. Pretty much everyone in the media talks about winning medals and awards. The Purple Heart and Medal of Honor are definitely two awards you do not win.

25 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I don't fault you. Pretty much everyone in the media talks about winning medals and awards. The Purple Heart and Medal of Honor are definitely two awards you do not win.

But you should - I've spent the morning yelling at the tv when people do it and listening to the commentary about it as well.  It was a big slip - thank you for catching it.

33 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Could be a few reasons. If it was never document by anyone then there's no way that the military would know he was deserving of the award. Wikipedia says that the wound has to be treated by a medical officer and documented in order to be eligible.

If he's still alive he could probably retroactively request it, or if deceased next of kin could request it. He's deserves to be recognized.

Yeah, that's what I understood.  I always assumed he was treated by a doctor.  He had all his teeth knocked out along with other injuries, by the butt of a gun when they were ambushed while in their sleeping bags.  

He's gone now and he wasn't the type of guy that would go back to try to get it anyway.

I always assumed it had to do with his CO not submitting the paperwork on it.

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yeah, that's what I understood.  I always assumed he was treated by a doctor.  He had all his teeth knocked out along with other injuries, by the butt of a gun when they were ambushed while in their sleeping bags.  

He's gone now and he wasn't the type of guy that would go back to try to get it anyway.

I always assumed it had to do with his CO not submitting the paperwork on it.

I get it. He deserves it though, even if he was too humble to think he did.

3 hours ago, NM11046 said:

32 tweets/retweets this morning so far, and it's only 8:30 EST.  Thinking lil' Donnie might be nervous about the Purple Heart winner's testimony this morning?

There has got to be an Amendment 25 article 4 mental illness case behind all of the tweets.  The guy is certifiable  nutso :ahhhhhhhh

• Plus1 1

The Twitter presidency

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-reshaped-presidency-over-11-164217664.html

In a presidency unlike any other, where Trump wakes to Twitter, goes to bed with it and is comforted by how much it revolves around him, the person he most often singled out for praise was himself — more than 2,000 times, according to an analysis by The New York Times.

The Times examined Trump’s use of Twitter since taking office, reviewing all his tweets, retweets and followers and interviewing nearly 50 current and former administration officials, lawmakers and Twitter executives and employees. What has emerged is a rich account, with new analysis, previously unreported episodes and fresh details of how the president exploits the platform to exert power.

It is often by brute repetition. He has taken to Twitter to demand action 1,159 times on immigration and his border wall, a top priority, and 521 times on tariffs, another key agenda item. Twitter is an instrument of his foreign policy: He has praised dictators more than a hundred times, while complaining nearly twice as much about the U.S.’ traditional allies. Twitter is the Trump administration’s de facto personnel office: The chief executive has announced the departures of more than two dozen top officials, some fired by tweet.

More than half of the president’s posts — 5,889 — have been attacks; no other category even comes close. His targets include the Russia investigation, a Federal Reserve that won’t bow to his whims, previous administrations, entire cities that are led by Democrats, and adversaries from outspoken athletes to chief executives who displease him. Like no other modern president, Trump has publicly harangued businesses to advance his political goals and silence criticism, often with talk of government intervention. Using Twitter, he threatened “Saturday Night Live” with an investigation by the Federal Communications Commission and accused Amazon, led by Jeff Bezos, owner of The Washington Post, of cheating the U.S. Postal Service.

As much as anything, Twitter is the broadcast network for Trump’s parallel political reality — the “alternative facts” he has used to spread conspiracy theories, fake information and extremist content, including material that energizes some of his base.

• Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Not defending him, because i find a lot of what he says to be utterly ridiculous, but he probably wouldn't need to tweet so many attacks if he wasn't under constant siege from the media...

He’s brought it all on himself by his words and actions.

He’s “under siege” because he’s a f#&%ing terrible person.

• Plus1 3
32 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Not defending him, because i find a lot of what he says to be utterly ridiculous, but he probably wouldn't need to tweet so many attacks if he wasn't under constant siege from the media...

Really???  He gets attacked because he's a pathetic person and his tweets show it every single day.

He has absolutely nobody to blame for this but himself.

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Really???  He gets attacked because he's a pathetic person and his tweets show it every single day.

He has absolutely nobody to blame for this but himself.

You can't control what happens, only how you react to it. Obama wasn't attacking Fox on twitter every day for tan suit coverage.

• Thanks 1