Betting Huskers/Ducks

Mavric

Looks like Nebraska opened as 1 point favorites and moved to 2.5 or 3 points currently. Could not find an O/U line yet.

I also think there will be a ton of points scored but I'm sure Vegas will set the o/u line very high accordingly. My guess would be mid to upper 70's.

So #33 Nebraska is favored by 3 points over #22 Oregon? Seems like something is wrong with thiseither the ratings or the Vegas line. :dunno:

Looks like Nebraska opened as 1 point favorites and moved to 2.5 or 3 points currently. Could not find an O/U line yet.

I also think there will be a ton of points scored but I'm sure Vegas will set the o/u line very high accordingly. My guess would be mid to upper 70's.

So #33 Nebraska is favored by 3 points over #22 Oregon? Seems like something is wrong with thiseither the ratings or the Vegas line. :dunno:

Vegas doesn't care about rankings and are usually more accurate than the rankings. Also have to remember @ Nebraska gives us 3 points for being at home.....so they feel at the moment it is a toss up game

Vegas doesn't care about rankings and are usually more accurate than the rankings. Also have to remember @ Nebraska gives us 3 points for being at home.....so they feel at the moment it is a toss up game

Yes, the Vegas spread is usually closer than any ranking for how a game might go. Also, technically speaking, a higher ranked team should not always be expected to beat a lower ranked team. Strength of schedule, previous opponents and prior ranking all play into rankings. The Vegas line does a much better job as to how two teams really match up. The rankings usually catch up by the end of the season- another reason rankings in the first half of the season are basically useless.

• Fire 1

Total opened at 70.5. Jumped up to 72.5 almost immediately.

About where I thought it would be. I still like the over. If we play a decent game on offense, I think it will definitely go over.

everyone is thinking it will go over in a high scoring game. now watch it turn into a defensive slug fest and the final be something like 17-14. lol

About where I thought it would be. I still like the over. If we play a decent game on offense, I think it will definitely go over.

I agree. It's a pretty high o/u as lines go but it sure does look to be warranted. Should be a fun game to watch if you like lots of scoring. I really think we'll get our share of the points but the question is how much will our D be able to slow down Oregon.

I agree. It's a pretty high o/u as lines go but it sure does look to be warranted. Should be a fun game to watch if you like lots of scoring. I really think we'll get our share of the points but the question is how much will our D be able to slow down Oregon.

It's about time to take the unders. When everyone is constantly talking about how there isn't going to be defense in the game and both teams are just going to run up and down the field........take the unders.

you can see what the duck fans think of the betting line in this thread http://www.ducksattack.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25501&start=30

here is my favorite post from there

"I'm guess Vegas didn't do much research. If they actually sat down and watched both games I'd put the Ducks at +14 (Since I have no clue about betting terminology I'm stating Ducks win by two touchdowns). And honestly, I don't think this one is even going to be that close. Until we clear the benches Ducks 44 Cornhuskers 14 going into the 4th.
Worry about Stanford, worry about Washington, worry about USC, but don't sweat Nebraska at all."

• Fire 1