Rankings

ladyhawke

Right now, the dream match up in college football would be Houston vs. Louisville.

And that's a very weird thing to type.

They're scheduled to play in the regular season -- Thursday night November 17th in Houston.

... assuming the free world survives after the election.

They may be good, but man I just dont care for the teams. It's like someone saying where having noodles for dinner today! dont hate it, but shrug. Maybe if they keep it up for another 40 years they might imprint on me.

Right now, the dream match up in college football would be Houston vs. Louisville.

Houston struggled mightily against Cincinatti until the very end when Cincy fell apart with turnovers. Houston will get exposed by a better team if they actually play any this year. Oklahoma, Houston's good win, was way over-ranked.

Houston struggled mightily against Cincinatti until the very end when Cincy fell apart with turnovers. Houston will get exposed by a better team if they actually play any this year. Oklahoma, Houston's good win, was way over-ranked.

Louisville will absolutely annihilate Houston. Mark it.

Awesome. this is great for our program. Not sure we deserve that yet....

Which unranked teams should be ranked ahead of us?

I felt we should be ranked....just not quite that high

I doubt many voters saw our games, they saw the final scores of the first two and saw most of our Oregon game. The ranking makes sense based off that.

They're scheduled to play in the regular season -- Thursday night November 17th in Houston.

They may be good, but man I just dont care for the teams. It's like someone saying where having noodles for dinner today! dont hate it, but shrug. Maybe if they keep it up for another 40 years they might imprint on me.

Entire nations have noodles for dinner every day. Louisville and Houston are very good.

• Fire 1

I don't think NU is a playoff team but they very well could be this year's "Iowa"

I would agree with that. Stay contained within what they can do, survive the games they're outmatched in, and plug away.

2015 Iowa didn't play a team like Ohio State until the B1G Championship game, and lost. Nebraska has OSU on the schedule this year, so I think 12-0 is unrealistic, but winning the West isn't, and getting to a decent bowl game isn't.

Just don't give us Stanford. McCafferey is scary.

• Fire 1

Louisville will absolutely annihilate Houston. Mark it.

I think Houston will keep it close if Greg Ward Jr. is at full strength.

Entire nations have noodles for dinner every day. Louisville and Houston are very good.

That still doesn't make noodles more interesting to me, entire nations eat insects as well but ya know. Still shrug and a meh.

I thought we'd be around #23 so #20 is great. Just keep winning and this all takes care of itself. When I look at this the good news is that I think we can hang (not win them all) but hang with any of the teams ahead of us up until #8. #1 - #8 appear better than us from what I have seen thus far this year. I'd like to kick-in the top 10 door this year...would be awesome! The BIG has big time representation in the top 10/11. Big teams will knock each other out but so will other conferences.

My early guess at the playoff (not in order): Alabama, Ohio St., Stanford, Louisvile/Clemson/Houston winner. If Louisville or Clemson don't stumble the ACC winner is in. If ACC eats its own then Houston can emerge. Houston and Louisville play late in the year so will be a key match-up. These teams look legit. I suppose one of the other BIG teams will have a chance to knock out Ohio St. SEC seems down...if Alabama loses a game and still wins SEC they are in. Pac-12...seems like Stanford's to lose. Big 12...haha...looks like worst of the Power 5 by far.