How Fast is Armstrong in the 40?

Bowfin

I have a real hard time trying to gauge just how fast Armstrong is. On that last QB draw for the TD, he looks like he is just loping along effortlessly and the other defensive guys are really moving, but they don't seem to ever catch up to him until the end zone. Maybe he just has a long, fluid stride or something, but it looks like he is never in a hurry but always gets to the corner or first down marker or end zone ahead of everybody else...easily, a lot of the time.

• Fire 1

I have a real hard time trying to gauge just how fast Armstrong is. On that last QB draw for the TD, he looks like he is just loping along effortlessly and the other defensive guys are really moving, but they don't seem to ever catch up to him until the end zone. Maybe he just has a long, fluid stride or something, but it looks like he is never in a hurry but always gets to the corner or first down marker or end zone ahead of everybody else...easily, a lot of the time.

Yeah, I've noticed that about him too. Like on Saturday, even banged up towards the end of the game it looked like he wasn't giving up a step to the Ducks DBs on that long TD run. Tommy got wheels alright.

He did look slower at times in the open on Saturday, but then again I think he was playing with two pulled hamstrings. Dude was beat up but fought through it like a straight warrior.

Cramps.

Yeah, he was cramping up. He drank Gatoraide and pickle juice on the sidelines to get the cramping to stop. Yes, pickle juice. LINK :lol:

He did look slower at times in the open on Saturday, but then again I think he was playing with two pulled hamstrings. Dude was beat up but fought through it like a straight warrior.

Cramps.

Yeah, he was cramping up. He drank Gatoraide and pickle juice on the sidelines to get the cramping to stop. Yes, pickle juice. LINK :lol:

Pickle juice is a well-known remedy for treating cramps in athletes. http://www.nola.com/healthy-eating/2015/03/pickle_juice_for_muscle_cramps.html

• Fire 1

Oregon's defense was really worn down by the end of that drive. I'm not downplaying Tommy's speed at all with that comment. I'm playing up how well Langsdorf did to go back to running Ozigbo and Tommy to completely wear them out and drive the dagger in.

Was there really a more "Nebraska" way to win that football game than that? Probably not. The best way to match up with an opponent's defensive speed is to just punch em in the mouth. Kudos to our offensive line, Ozigbo, and Tommy for just wanting it more than the other team and driving 80 yards for the win.