Turning Point in Nebraska Football?

ScottyIce

It will take more than just this game to look back and say...Yep...that was a turning point.

Also, IF we keep winning and our program is heading in the direction we want it to head, I would look back at the Purdue debacle and the MSU game the next week as more of a turning point than the Oregon game. The Oregon game will be further evidence of what transpired between the two games last year.

• Fire 4

It will take more than just this game to look back and say...Yep...that was a turning point.

Also, IF we keep winning and our program is heading in the direction we want it to head, I would look back at the Purdue debacle and the MSU game the next week as more of a turning point than the Oregon game. The Oregon game will be further evidence of what transpired between the two games last year.

I can see the Purdue game being that "turning point" moment too.

I think that was the moment that Langashan realized that there are many different ways to win and lose a game.

I think we find out that this was the turning point in Nebraska football on Saturday.

If we come out and bully Northwestern and win by a few scores and look dominant, then we have our answer. It will be a resounding yes.

Anyone disagree with that?

Northwestern is a team we should beat the socks off of. That won't sell me that we've turned a corner. I need this complete seasons work to make that judgement. If we win the games we should and are competitive in the rest, then I will start to believe we've turned a corner.

I think we find out that this was the turning point in Nebraska football on Saturday.

If we come out and bully Northwestern and win by a few scores and look dominant, then we have our answer. It will be a resounding yes.

Anyone disagree with that?

I think this is a very good assumption. However, I don't think the NW game is the one that makes it a "resounding yes". NU made a statement, not with simply beating Oregon, but the WAY they did it. Facing adversity. Oregon had scored twice unanswered and Nebraska responded in a way they needed to. I think that drive was the key part in identifying a "turning point".

Keep it rolling. Don't sleep on anyone and just take care of business and there is no reason NU shouldn't be unbeaten when they go to Columbus.

I guess you're definition of a turning point is different than mine.

When you are going somewhere in the car, at some point, you have to turn the car in that direction to get to your desired destination. THAT is the turning point. Arriving at that destination isn't the turning point.

Example....the 95 championship wasn't the turning point that put us there. It was the decisions TO made from 90-92 that was the turning point that put us in position to win those championships.

• Fire 2

When you are going somewhere in the car, at some point, you have to turn the car in that direction to get to your desired destination. THAT is the turning point. Arriving at that destination isn't the turning point.

Example....the 95 championship wasn't the turning point that put us there. It was the decisions TO made from 90-92 that was the turning point that put us in position to win those championships.

Yeah, agree with this.

Thus some end of the Purdue-Michigan State week last year would be a lot more of a turning point, imo - depending on how you want to look at it.

I agree with your definition, but think a conference title would be that turn. That's not the end destination, but that is what will truly get this program back into the mix of elite programs, turn heads, get headlines, grab recruits, etc.

What happened that led to the program winning that conference title?

I agree with your definition, but think a conference title would be that turn. That's not the end destination, but that is what will truly get this program back into the mix of elite programs, turn heads, get headlines, grab recruits, etc.

What happened that led to the program winning that conference title?

If you are going to go that route, lets just say this Oregon win as the turning point. What lead to the Oregon win?

you could literally play that childish game with any "turning point" that is picked.

Wow....testy testy....It's OK....we are just discussing things here. Everything's cool.......

BTW....where did I pick the Oregon game as the turning point?

Take a deep breath....everything's going to be OK.